Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

DRV-Mobile Suites Owners: Need Help with Power Setup

I have not been able to contact Mobile Suites for technical support so maybe someone with a similar unit can help me. I have the Magnum Inverter/Charger system. I would like to plug shore power in and not have the refrigerator running. I am unable to do that. I have tried to turn the refrigerator breaker off, but then the inverter kicks in and runs the refrigerator. I can then turn the Charger/Inverter off, which turns off the refrigerator, but then the batteries are not charging. The wife and I have not been able to find anything on the refrigerator that would turn it off.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 11:02 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have a residential fridge eh?

On the Magnum can you disable the inverter without disabling the charger (do not know the model you have)

And where is the sub panel, is it breakers on the inverter or is it elsewhere as it is on my motor home..

Unplug the fridge. There is a way to shut it off but without knowing the make and model fo the fridge I can not download the owner's manual so unplug it
Old 08-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #3

Open the small door outside behind the Frig and unplug it.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:39 AM   #4
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Open the small door outside behind the Frig and unplug it.
This is absolutely the easiest way to do it!

You may also be able to get the fridge into demo mode (the way they have them set up in the store - the light will go on inside, but cooling is turned off), but why bother when it's so easy to pull the plug.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:11 AM   #5

That is perfect. I did not even know the door was there.
Thank you!
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #6

Each fridge manufacturer has its own method to turn off. If you have a new one with the Maytag, then turn the freezer temp up until the display says off.

The unplug method works also as suggested previously.
Steadfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, power