Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #1

DRV service problems

My wife and I went full time in November and purchased a 2015 DRV Tradition from America Choice RV in Ocala. We picked it up in November 2015. There were several warranty items that needed attention, like the Fantastic Fan did not work, the ceiling fan knocks, etc. Small things but still issues. We were told it came with disc brakes, which we have in writing. It does not have disc brakes, which they agreed to install. Then in January, the main left slide went out crooked. This was about the 18th time that the slide had gone in and out without an issue. The dealer sent 3 guys to our RV resort in Bushnell. They put the slide out straight and left. That was January 12, 2016.
Feb. 7, 2016 - We still do not have any of the warranty items repaired (22 items) and the owner has not told us what they are going to do about the slide or the brakes. We cannot travel because we cannot put the slide back in without the service guys doing it manually.
We don't know what else to do. We call the dealer every few days and no one will call us back. We have tried reaching out to DRV, but cannot get any help from them either.
Any suggestions on what we should do next? We think we need an attorney.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cliff-fa-fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #2

Ed Fry
Service Manager
DRV Luxury Suites A Division of Heartland RV
Description: S:\DRV Company\DRV Corporate Logo.JPG
260.562.1075 Ext.1317
Direct 260.562.1317
Please note my new email address: Ed.Fry@heartlandrvs.com
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #3

People are what makes a company good or bad, Thanks Ed Fry for your concern, thanks for being here to share your knowledge and experience and help.

CLIFF
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:32 AM   #4

That wasn't Ed Fry posting above. Cummins was giving you the person he believes can help you at DRV.

Greg Weldon at DRV is the customer service director and has been very helpful to me with warranty related problems.

Ed Fry is the Service manager and mainly takes care of customers that bring the camper to them for work.

Call DRV and if you can't get through to the above individuals get their email address and email them. I have had better results with emails than the phone.
2021 RAM 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans, 4:10 differential
2013 DRV Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 replaced by 2021 DRV
psaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #5

This is who I should have posted for help.

Greg Weldon <gregweldon@drvsuites.com>
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:16 AM   #6
paz

America Choice has a poor reputation for customer service. They are under new management, which was supposed to improve their service, but apparently it has not.

America Choice is in the process of establishing a new location right off I-75 in Bushnell. I don't think they have a service center there, but they do have mobile service techs. If the Ocala location won't return your phone calls, I would go over to the Bushnell location and ask them to help you or at least to call Ocala for you.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:04 PM   #7

I seem to remember some posts on the DRV forums about that place...not very complimentary.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:28 AM   #8

When looking at buying our used DRV 36TKSB3 I conversed with greg weldon several times both by email and phone and he was a great help at answering questions. Not sure how much has changed under the new management.
scout4eagles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, service