Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #1

DRV thread

I see threads for most RV manufactures here but not DRV, am I missing something?

Dave & Diane, 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH, Toad #1 2016 F150, Toad #2 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #2

They have their own forum.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #3

I guess I have never came across it. I found a Facebook page but they will not let none owners join. Now how is a guy supposed to research LOL!!
Dave & Diane, 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH, Toad #1 2016 F150, Toad #2 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Old 09-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
I guess I have never came across it. I found a Facebook page but they will not let none owners join. Now how is a guy supposed to research LOL!!
thor forum has a drv thread
Old 09-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #5

DRV customer service

DRV Mobile Suites Then & Now

Just a couple here.....and maybe more if you do a little search.
rampowerwago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #6

You can join the FB group as a prospective owner.
rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Here's a link you may find useful

https://suitesownersinternationaltra...vbulletin.net/
Old 09-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
You can join the FB group as a prospective owner.
There might be more than one but I tried to join one and was politely denied because we are not currently a DRV owner. Sort of a turn off but oh well
Old 09-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #9

Thanks to all for the forum links.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
The DRV Face Book group is for owners and prospective owners. So if you're considering becoming a DRV owner the moderator will allow you to join the group for 6 months to do your research.

Happy trails,
Old 09-21-2017, 04:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Explorers View Post
The DRV Face Book group is for owners and prospective owners. So if you're considering becoming a DRV owner the moderator will allow you to join the group for 6 months to do your research.

Happy trails,
Unless there is a different Facebook group I would have to beg the differ. I tried to join a few weeks ago and a Phil Sears denied me. I was told just a few days ago by another member that if I let Mr. Sears know we are perspective owners we could join so I applied again and once again denied.
After filling out the request Phil asked our time frame or if I was just a person that liked to research and I told him you bet your rear end I like to research when we are looking at a item north of $100,000 that will be our home and that our time frame was might be up to one year.
Once again we were denied. That makes twice I felt a little insulted by that man and it won't happen again. I'm above no man but I'm certainly above that.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:03 AM   #12

Dave,

I just joined the DRV FB group, but I am also a long-time owner.

The links mentioned above with get you plenty of technical answers/personal feelings from current owners. Just keep monitoring them.

The Thor Owners forum has the newest model owners, I think, followed by the SOITC forum, and then the 5thwheelownersforum---none of these require registering to look at the posts, but do need registration to ask questions/post.

Joe
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Dave,

I just joined the DRV FB group, but I am also a long-time owner.

The links mentioned above with get you plenty of technical answers/personal feelings from current owners. Just keep monitoring them.

The Thor Owners forum has the newest model owners, I think, followed by the SOITC forum, and then the 5thwheelownersforum---none of these require registering to look at the posts, but do need registration to ask questions/post.

Joe
Thanks, that certainly seems like the path of least resistance.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:25 PM   #14

Just an update....Change is in the air....
‎Phil Sears‎ to DRV Suites Owners Group
9 mins Grove, OK
To all my friends and fellow RV'ers.
I'm not sure how to say this so I'll just say it. We traded our '05 DRV Mobile Suites Wednesday for a '18 Grand Design. We did this for several reasons but mainly because we had several maintenance items coming soon and we didn't want to put the money into it. I do admit drv is a superior RV brand and I will always have a soft spot in my heart for them. We both still work and I won't retire for 7 more years so buying another DRV right now would not be a good financial decision. We have chosen to do this so we could still enjoy travel, camping and the whole RV adventure part time. In 7 years we will take another look at things to determine where we stand. If our health holds out we plan on traveling for 2-3 years then and hope another DRV will be that vessel to take us there.
I have been camping and rv'ing all my life. My parents took me as a kid and my aunt and uncle full timed in an air stream for over 10 years until he got sick.
So due to my own rules I should resign and pass the group on to someone else. I want to be fair but to be honest with you, I will miss you all. This group has been a huge part of my life the past 22 months and I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I have tried my very best to be the best administrator I could to all of you and to offer a great place to gather, share experiences and and learn from each other. I am truly sorry if this stresses any of you, it sure has me. ��
You all are the BEST and I will never forget any of you.
Love ya
Phil
I would like to take a poll on what you all want me to do.
I will leave it open so you can make suggestions.
Show more reactions

rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote