Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #15

I did not look @ that information for some reason. This is real funny because that is usually the first things I look at. Anyway, even though this a new product. It is made by a company that has a very good reputation in the truck RV business. Just because the company has been purchased by Forest River should not have a negative impact on the new 5th wheel. JMHO
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #16

No worries, and thanks again.

On the truck front I will be buying a Dodge Ram 3500 drw, just like you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Owl
I did not look @ that information for some reason. This is real funny because that is usually the first things I look at. Anyway, even though this a new product. It is made by a company that has a very good reputation in the truck RV business. Just because the company has been purchased by Forest River should not have a negative impact on the new 5th wheel. JMHO
Alozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #17

While I am happy with my Ram, I have not been happy with Chrysler. I would suggest that you do some product comparison between the Ram & a GM 3500HD. I think the GM has the superior transmission. JMHO

Reg
Old 01-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #18

Thanks, father in law retired from Chrysler so I would be shot if I didn't buy dodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Owl
While I am happy with my Ram, I have not been happy with Chrysler. I would suggest that you do some product comparison between the Ram & a GM 3500HD. I think the GM has the superior transmission. JMHO

Reg
Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #19

So did you get the Trilogy? If so how do you like it? I am considering the same 2 choices and would like your input. Did you get Brown or Gray? The DRV is lighter but is a little pin heavy and the Trilogy has a lighter pin but is almost 15K empty.
middleaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #20

We decided not to get it. Went through a demo unit and found a few things not up to what we wanted in build quality ( paper veneer on inside wall at door, floor beside bed Etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleaged View Post
So did you get the Trilogy? If so how do you like it? I am considering the same 2 choices and would like your input. Did you get Brown or Gray? The DRV is lighter but is a little pin heavy and the Trilogy has a lighter pin but is almost 15K empty.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #21

So sorry to hear your disappointment in the Trilogy. We too have looked at he DRV's and were impressed, but they are out of our price range. Toured the Trilogy factory last week and liked the quality we saw. Are looking forward to ordering a 2013 model. Am looking for anyone who currently owns a Trilogy and their opinions on quality.
Dotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Side by Side Comparison - DRV Suites

The tradition is the only one with the 12" I beam frame, the others have the stacked box frame.

The Tradition is being built for the cheaper market competition.

I'd look for a nice used one over a new one to get a better coach.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Side by Side Comparison - DRV Suites

The tradition is the only one with the 12" I beam frame, the others have the stacked box frame.

The Tradition is being built for the cheaper market competition.

I'd look for a nice used one over a new one to get a better coach.

ken
The Tradition is probably too new to find a used one yet but lots of used MS on the market and if you look for one 4 to 7 years old the price is pretty good. Try the SOITC (Suite Owners International Travel Club) web site, owners post theirs on there that are for sale.
Palpatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
The Tradition is basically the Select Suites with a name change. You might not find a used Tradition, but you should be able to find some Select Suites.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Anything new on this comparison? We looked at a Trilogy at the Detroit Camper Show. It showed rather nice. DW like the fact that the bathroom was accessible without opening the slide. Would be interesting to hear from Trilogy owners.
Thanks
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #26

We are in Branson, MO and just ran into a couple in a Trilogy. They have had their unit since March. Very happy with it except for the insulation. They found an area in the front of the unit that lacked any insulation. Apparently the dealer or the company responded so the owners filled the cavity with insulation. I have seen others with this issue and the folks at Dynamax do not seem to respond to this issue. I should note that they are full timers.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #27

Saw a Trilogy at the Toronto RV show this weekend. Holy c..p, that thing was huge! Like looking up at a skyscraper . All I could think was BIG HONKIN' TRUCK
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote