Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2017, 09:31 PM   #15

Not everybody is aware how they come apart.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #16

When I first got my Eez system, I could not get all the sensors on tight enough to prevent leeks because of the rubber shoulder on the valve stem. I tried to get metal valve stems and found they wouldn't fit my wheels. Finally got high pressure stems and they have a shorter rubber shoulder and have worked fine for two and a half seasons now.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #17

I'm adding a comment to this thread because there is a new development. I got a low-pressure alarm on a truck tire. The rubber stem is leaking. I was working in the semi-dark so I couldn't see exactly where the leak was. I'll know soon if it was leaking where it would touch the wheel while rolling. I have worried that centrifical force would put too much pressure on the stem. I was wondering if anyone has more comments on this.
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clambake View Post
I just put my EEZ TPMS sensors on with the antitheft collars, but how antitheft could they be? Seems to me like you can just unscrew the top from the bottom, slide the bottom half off the sensor and unscrew the sensor from the stem.

That's the way I put them on, slide on the bottom half off the coupling, thread on the sensor, thread on the top cap.

Maybe I missed something, but it worked OK.
I get the idea that it would just keep someone who doesn't know how they work from stealing them. I could just unscrew the top from the bottom then unscrew the sensor once the top was off. But if you didn't know that you'd be a little while figuring it out. I didn't use them.

FWIW, my instructions said to use the sensors only on metal stems and to use anti-seize on them. I'd be afraid to use them on rubber stems, but I know some people have.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerreknit View Post
I'm adding a comment to this thread because there is a new development. I got a low-pressure alarm on a truck tire. The rubber stem is leaking. I was working in the semi-dark so I couldn't see exactly where the leak was. I'll know soon if it was leaking where it would touch the wheel while rolling. I have worried that centrifical force would put too much pressure on the stem. I was wondering if anyone has more comments on this.
That's why the metal ones are recommended.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
The EezTire web site listing for the flow thru sensors says: Do not use flow-through sensors on rubber valve stems. Flow-through sensors are designed for deep rims and metal valve stems.

So you may want to call them and see if they will trade you out some non flow thru light weight anti-theft sensors for them. You'll need their anti-theft sensor installation wrench, too. It is totally impossible to install or remove them without the wrench.

https://eezrvproducts.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:23 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
The EezTire web site listing for the flow thru sensors says: Do not use flow-through sensors on rubber valve stems. Flow-through sensors are designed for deep rims and metal valve stems.

So you may want to call them and see if they will trade you out some non flow thru light weight anti-theft sensors for them. You'll need their anti-theft sensor installation wrench, too. It is totally impossible to install or remove them without the wrench.

https://eezrvproducts.com
Thanks guys! When I purchased, I didn't see any mention of not using rubber stems. I always worried about all that weight on a stem. Also, when I purchased tires for my truck I asked my old and respected shop about brass stems and they said they didn't sell them and saw no need for me to have them.
At any rate, I need to do something. I might try the clip on supports as a short-term solution. I have read some bad reviews about them not staying on though.
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #22

New valve stems

I had the same concerns when moving my eez tire sensors to a new trailer. I pulled the wheels and took them to Discount Tire. They installed aluminum valve stems charging me only $5.50 per valve stem with free installation. A good deal in my opinion.

Only 1200 miles so far, but no issues at all.

J
Jitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
I had the same concerns when moving my eez tire sensors to a new trailer. I pulled the wheels and took them to Discount Tire. They installed aluminum valve stems charging me only $5.50 per valve stem with free installation. A good deal in my opinion.

Only 1200 miles so far, but no issues at all.

J
That's a heck of a deal. I should do that. I have an old fashioned tire machine at my house I use for motorcycle tires, and had considered doing it myself, but dang ... at that price it'd just be silly.