Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #1

Ever-Lite? Anyone W/ Experience?

We've been looking at selling our current trailer and getting into something with a little more room. One that caught my eye is the Ever-Lite 31DS by Evergreen Recreatonal Vehicles. If you've never heard of the company, check them out here www.goevergreenrv.com. Really cool construction method that eliminates the use of lauan in the floor, roof, and walls. No more rotten wood because of leaks.

Anyway, we happen to have a dealer here in Grand Rapids that sells the Ever-Lites and has a few in stock. I'm going to check them out but was wondering if anyone on here owns one or has some knowledge or reviews. Good or bad, I don't care. Just looking to learn before I meet the dealer. Thanks!

2002 KZ Sportmans 2703P
Jeff from Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jeff, This company is a spin-off of the old Pilgrim Trailer Mfg. which went broke last year. Most of the construction is based on the Pilgrim line. Laminated walls,celings, floors and full aluminum framing. The fact sheet looks good on the unit, Hopefully they have eliminated some of the off gases associated with some makes FYI.
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenAmber View Post
Hopefully they have eliminated some of the off gases associated with some makes FYI.

Thanks for the good information Mike. Can I ask about the "off gases"? Was this from the materials or construction? And I am assuming you mean odor and not actual gas.

2002 KZ Sportmans 2703P
Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jeff, we looked at several diffrent makes prior to buying our unit. Some of them were difficult to stay in for any length of time, due to eyes burrning, etc. The Dealers stated that they were off gasses from some of the materials used. I'm under the impression that they were a lot like formaldehide gases. The unit we chose caused no problems at all. Some of the warrenties we looked at clearly stated that off gases were not covered. The selling dealer should have a warrenty to look at.
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #5

Thanks again Mike for the great information. I'll be sure to pay extra attention to the smells and odors when I inspect them this week.

2002 KZ Sportmans 2703P

Tags
evergreen