Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #127

Evergreen Owners Club
Evergreen, recent history

http://www.elkharttruth.com/news/bus...-Recession.htm

Here is the link to Evergreen's recent history. Enjoy !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #128
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
No on the tankless. I wanted to be able to use Electricity to heat water when available as opposed to using propane only.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #129

Evergreen Owners Club
The Girard tankless water heater has been outstanding and very reliable, uses very little propane and would want one on any rv I got in the future.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #130

Tankless water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnAna View Post
The Girard tankless water heater has been outstanding and very reliable, uses very little propane and would want one on any rv I got in the future.
My understanding from talking with the factory rep is that they now use the Atwood tankless water heater. Does anyone have the Atwood and what has your experience been?
Old 02-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #131

Kaschulz, I have a Bay Hill 295 with the Attwood tankless. I've had problems with it but after repairs it worked on last trip.My main complaint is that if you need to wash your hands the hot water needs to run for some time, I haven't timed it but I will on this weekends trip. A tanked water heater doesn't have to run nearly as long. I don't do much dry camping{boondocking} but if I did I would run into trouble with both water supply and full tanks. Tankless system is nice for long hot showers and other extreme needs. My two cents worth
Old 02-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #132

So far we have been very pleased with our 2014 320RS. A few glitches but nothing that cannot be taken care of. We will know more after our 6 week summer trip that will involve a lot of moving around. My question is regarding the tires. Usually, RV companies scrimp on tires. When we bought our first (and only other) RV we had to replace the tires within two years. Does anyone have any experience with the original equipment tires on Bay Hill units?
Old 02-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #133

Evergreen Owners Club
Tires

Hi Long Trip...

While my wife and I have had more than our share of the "glitches" you refer to with our Bay Hill 320RS (some major...some minor), we have kept a close eye on our tires too as the RV enters its second year of service. So far, so good on the tires even after I detected rubbing of the fender skirts against two tires, definitely a glitch to watch out for. Tread wear appears to be very even.

My previous fifth wheel--a Cardinal--developed bubbles on the sidewalls at the same time after a couple years of travel. If you are concerned about tires, watch for sidewall bubbling and/or the beginnings of tread separation. When and if this occurs, you'll know it's time to buy some better quality tires than what originally came on your RV.

Ken
Old 02-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #134

Leaking sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
Anyone have an opinion on a Evergreen Bay Hill? Sure would appreciate your response if you own one.

Mike
Mike I would make sure the slides don't leak as I had my 2013 Bay Hill in the Shop 4 times for a total of 7 weeks to have repairs made the A /C went out at Disney the second time we used it, I feel I got a great price for my unit at Lamesa RV but I can't believe there is a worse service dept than the one in Fort Pierce, FL were lying must be required to work there.
This was in the first 3 months that I bought it. I don't like that a sleeper sofa isn't the unit. Auto level is great u can set up in less than. 5 minutes, the unit is beautiful but manufacturer should do better in doing final inspection before sending units out
Old 02-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #135

Evergreen Owners Club
Bay Hill 295RL

We have owned our 295 since September 2013. All the problems stated here sound familiar. Bay Hill addressed all of ours in a timely manner.
The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is a recall on the dometic awning.
Be sure to check yours.
Just google dometic awning recall and see what pops up.
A service man came to us on vacation. Took about 30 minuets.

Chris and Judy
both retired and new to the RV life...
Old 03-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #136

does anyone know the r factors for the evergreen 5ers? can't seem to find. we want to full time and we just got back from an rv show and viewed the evergreen. wow! never even heard of an evergreen before. the sales person didn't know the r factors either. we've been doing research for over 6 months to narrow down our choices and came across this. dunno if they are suitable for full timing or snowbirding.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #137

Evergreen Owners Club
Bobby terri,
There isn't a lot of information on the Evergreen products, so you may have to do some digging for that information. You might try Evergreen (574)825-8054. They also have a Facebook page with information. If you post a question it will be answered usually the same day.
What RV are you looking at?
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #138

Question r factors for evergreen

we are looking at the bay hill 295RL. will take up your suggestion and call them for this information. i suppose since they are not posting, that this 5er is not really for full timing. i will find out, tho.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 AM   #139

Evergreen Owners Club
Don't know the r value but we have the 385bh and we are full time. It seems to do well.
I think it is one of the better coaches out there.
They all have their issues but I believe if the dealers did a proper pre delivery inspection you would see less problems with new coaches. Sadly the dealers drop the ball in this area they are too interested in getting your money and to get them to own up to their mistakes is like beating your head against a wall
Take your time and completely check your coach over when you take delivery especially if you buy from La Mesa RV.
Check your drain pipes under the sinks that they are tight, that they tighten and use the lock tabs on your hitch if they install it in your truck.
Also take the time to learn about your coach and how to make repairs yourself because the dealerships for the most part don't seem to have a clue.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #140

Evergreen Owners Club
Didn't make it

Hi Richnana...

In an earlier post, you had mentioned Apache Palms in Tempe as a destination when going to Spring Training baseball in Arizona. We DID NOT make it to Apache Palms this year since our Bay Hill 320RS is once again being repaired for slide out issues. This time, however, I have taken my trailer to Toscano RV in Los Banos where quality repair work is done. I'm into the extended warranty phase of our trailer's existence.

So...for Spring Training we're roughing it in a hotel in Fountain Hills, about 20 miles from the spring training venues.

The advice you suggested to Bobbi Terri about RV dealerships not doing thorough pre-delivery inspections should be standard advice for anyone considering an RV purchase!

Ken

Tags
evergreen