Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #141

Hello Everyone,

We are new to the forum. Just purchased the Bay Hill 295 and will take delivery this Wednesday, 19 March. This forum has been very informative so we know what to expect, especially the tankless water heater. I have a question in reguards to microwave/stove venting. Is there a vent to the outside since in the 295 has the microwave/stove on an inner wall and not an outer wall?

We can't wait to get it and hopefully we won't have as many issues as we did with our last Toyhauler Fiver which had over 30 items that needed to be fixed (some minor, but a lot were major) that we found during our PDI and our shakedown trip.

We will post how our PDI goes after Wednesday.

John

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #142

Evergreen Owners Club
Microwave venting

We have had our 295 since Last September. In fact we are using it right now on the central coast of Calif. Hopefully you will love as much as we do.
To answer your question regarding the microwave. Ours uses a charcoal filter arrangement that vents inside.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #143

Tiffin Owners Club
My 365bh did not have the micro range hood vent to outside. It has a recirculating vent which is not only a waste but worse than no vent at all. It will just move any cooking smoke throughout the cosch.
I had a fantastic vent installed in the roof just above the range. That solves the problem. I also had a rain cover put over the vent so it can be used in all conditions
Old 03-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
My 365bh did not have the micro range hood vent to outside. It has a recirculating vent which is not only a waste but worse than no vent at all. It will just move any cooking smoke throughout the cosch.
I had a fantastic vent installed in the roof just above the range. That solves the problem. I also had a rain cover put over the vent so it can be used in all conditions
Good to know about the vent. I was planning on installing Maxxair covers over the roof vents. I have done this in the past and they work great as you say for all conditions.
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracers31 View Post
We have had our 295 since Last September. In fact we are using it right now on the central coast of Calif. Hopefully you will love as much as we do.
To answer your question regarding the microwave. Ours uses a charcoal filter arrangement that vents inside.
Did you have any problems with your 295 as others have said throughout this thread?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #146

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
That is to check the operation of your smoke alarm Evergreen threw that feature in at no charge.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #147

Evergreen Owners Club
Bay Hill 295RL

We had some of the same problems as the others.

We had to call the maker of the water heater to get some advice. The main thing is to bleed all water lines of air. Both city water and water you carry on board. I suggest you call them because there are other things that can be done if you are still having problems. After learning some of the tricks ours works fine.

The fender well skirts don't match up when closed on the two living room slides. That seems to be something we will have to live with.

The trim band that covers the joint between the bonded sides "tan part" and the thin metal skirt "brown part" began to pop loose. These are to different materials that expand and contract at different rates. Bay Hill allowed a non evergreen repair facility to do the work. All is well.

The handle on the kitchen faucet fell off. Had to tighten the set screw.

We had a leek under the kitchen sink. Had to replace two gaskets on the trap.

Be sure to check your Dometic awning for a recall. Just google Dometic awning recall and see what pops up. Follow directions to see if yours is affected. Ours was. They sent some to us. 1/2 hour later it was fixed.

I had good luck working with Evergreen and a man named Rod Batts <rbatts@lifestylelrv.com>. He was able to answer many questions and expedite the repair of our band poping problem.

All this being said I don't think that any RV is going to be problem free right out of the box. Expect something. Just pack a tool box, work though a few kinks and enjoy.

Oh as far as the hood vent thing is concerned We always BBQ. The only time the vent has been turned on was during our walk through.

We love our Bay Hill. It is a great 5th wheel. Many good time ahead.

Chris and Judy
Old 03-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #148

Thanks Chris and Judy for responding. We look forward to Wednesday getting here when we pick up our 295. I am sure it will be way better than our last Fiver which was a Voltage toyhauler.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #149

Water Softener with the Tankless Water Heater

Has anyone purchased a portable water softener for your Bay Hill? The reason I ask, is our home tankless water heater requires a water softener so hard water doesn't clog the water heater lines and eventually damage the unit.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #150

Evergreen Owners Club
Check-off list

John...

This forum's members have given you some really good advice using some of the issues they have had with their various Bay Hill models. I would advise you to make a check-off list if you haven't done so already so you can refer to these issues/concerns when you do your walk-through when you take delivery.

For what it's worth, be aware of or ask about the following items:

• a complete explanation of how the leveling system works
• the location of the grey water drain valve (it's usually NOT labeled)
• the cable television vs. satellite television connections (NOT labeled)
• the proximity of the fender skirts to the tires (mine were 1/16" from the skirt)
• the slide-outs--what to do if the slides do not retract all the way

Since you had a poor experience with your previous 5th wheel toy hauler, I'm guessing you have done due diligence on your Bay Hill dealer (Yelp, Better Business Bureau, Yahoo, etc.) to make certain that their service department will be able to deal with the large and small problems that always seem to occur with new units.

Best of luck....

Ken
Old 03-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenInCA View Post
John...

This forum's members have given you some really good advice using some of the issues they have had with their various Bay Hill models. I would advise you to make a check-off list if you haven't done so already so you can refer to these issues/concerns when you do your walk-through when you take delivery.

For what it's worth, be aware of or ask about the following items:

• a complete explanation of how the leveling system works
• the location of the grey water drain valve (it's usually NOT labeled)
• the cable television vs. satellite television connections (NOT labeled)
• the proximity of the fender skirts to the tires (mine were 1/16" from the skirt)
• the slide-outs--what to do if the slides do not retract all the way

Since you had a poor experience with your previous 5th wheel toy hauler, I'm guessing you have done due diligence on your Bay Hill dealer (Yelp, Better Business Bureau, Yahoo, etc.) to make certain that their service department will be able to deal with the large and small problems that always seem to occur with new units.

Best of luck....

Ken
Yes, Ken we have a huge checklist to go through for the PDI that I created based on our previous Fiver which had so many things to fix before we even got to stay in it one night (they had it 4 weeks after we did the PDI). Then they had it a couple more weeks when we did our shakedown cruise and found a lot of "detail" things wrong. I have incorporated all the items you mentioned. The dealer should be "ok" based on what I have heard/read. I am sure it couldn't be any worse than our previous dealer. Thanks again to everyone who has posted items to be aware of.

John
Old 03-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #152

Evergreen Owners Club
Bay Hill 295RL

Hey JC be sure to let us know how your walk through goes Wednesday. Love to know what you find at the time.

Chris and Judy
Old 03-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #153

Evergreen Owners Club
JC
I don't know if you got the tankless water heater but we have the Girard on our 385 BH and love it, we don't use a water softener but we do use a filtering system and change the filter every month or two depending on where we are.
I hope that will work for now.
If you have the same dealership we did they didn't know the first thing about the tankless system or what kind it had.
Make sure you check it out good and have them test it before you leave.
Ours came down to adjusting the propane pressure and it has to be 11 lbs to work properly.
It was an outside company that found the problem and fixed it in a couple hours at our campsite. The dealer had no idea and wanted to keep it for two weeks which is tough since we full timers.
Anyway good luck on your PDI hope it all goes well.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:13 PM   #154

Our PDI was just WOW!

Luckily this is a good WOW!!! I think we are in love with the 295. It is so nice. Our PDI went remarkably well. When we arrived, the unit was set up in a site that is specially made for deliveries. We followed our checklist and tested everything and looked at everything closely inside and out. Only a few things needed attention. One side of the theater seat was sticking when went to sit back. The fresh tank was overflowing into the belly and leaking through. Lastly, the gray tank #2 and the fresh tank check level wiring was backwards (when the fresh tank was full of water it was reading empty and gray tank #2 reading full). The dealership had a dedicated tech that was with us during this time, however, and all items were fixed within an hour or so. I am concerned about the fresh tank overflow though. This seems like a design flaw as the belly was just bulging with the water. I will check and see if I can modify a hose to the overflow and have it run out through the belly so it doesn't sit inside the belly. Luckily, the tank did have a cross strap to hold it in place and hopefully it won't fall out like others did. All in all, we are very pleased with the unit and how the dealership did.

[IMG][/IMG]

Tags
evergreen