Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2014, 12:13 AM   #155

Dealer

[QUOTE= All in all, we are very pleased with the unit and how the dealership did. [/QUOTE]

Please PM me and disclose the fabulous dealers name. I'm still shopping.

Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #156
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Great to hear you had a good experience. Hope ours goes as well. It'll be a while yet before we can get ours as we are still buried in 3+ feet of snow.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #157

Evergreen Owners Club
John –

I would be concerned too about the water tank issue. After my water tank was replaced in my Bay Hill 320 RS. the water sloshed badly from side to side while I was driving. Water collected in the rubberized undercoating of the trailer. Eventually the undercoating tore away from the weight of the collected water. The air release valve / drain valve was not positioned correctly and allow the water to escape to the undercoating.

Ken
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenInCA View Post
John

I would be concerned too about the water tank issue. After my water tank was replaced in my Bay Hill 320 RS. the water sloshed badly from side to side while I was driving. Water collected in the rubberized undercoating of the trailer. Eventually the undercoating tore away from the weight of the collected water. The air release valve / drain valve was not positioned correctly and allow the water to escape to the undercoating.

Ken
I got under it today and took the undercoating down so I could see the tank and how it is setup. The tech told me the water was actually coming out the filler neck. It hadn't been tightened and was half filling the tank and the underbelly. It is all tight now and I put more water in to see if it was leaking and luckily it wasn't. We plan on taking it for our shakedown cruise this weekend and that will tell for sure if it is alright.
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #159

Evergreen Owners Club
Enjoy!

Hey John...

Have a great time! Isn't that what RVing is supposed to embrace?

Ken
Old 03-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenInCA View Post
Hey John...

Have a great time! Isn't that what RVing is supposed to embrace?

Ken
Thanks Ken! We strive for having fun each time. The weather seems like it is going to turn a little cold while we are out, but that will give us a chance to try out the heater. Plan to give a full report on everything by Monday. Have a great weekend Bay Hill RVers!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #161

Back from our Shakedown Cruise

Got back from our shakedown cruise and it went well. The Bay Hill is so nice and comfortable. We just love the auto levelers, the tankless water heater, and dishwasher most and about everything else with the rig . Everything worked as should, but there were a few bumps along the way. First, the auto levelers were a little out of level (nose high) and we had to reconfigure it when we got home and that fixed the problem. Second, all the pulls for the holding tanks wouldn't come out. I had to use herculean strength and they finally did, but I thought they were fused or something. Third, was one of the speakers in the living area sounded really distorted so I took the cover off and it was just covered in saw dust. Vacuumed it out and then worked just fine. Lastly, the freezers kept different temperatures. One side was around 15-20 degrees and the other was about 5-10. I am thinking it was because the auto level was off. Will be checking that next time we go out. Other than those small issues, we had a great time although it got a little chilly. My only real disappointment for the trip, was the fuel mileage I got. However, I think the problems were lots of hills (Northern Arkansas/Southern Missouri) and the wind was coming at us on both travel days. Our next trip will be north and it isn't as hilly so should be better.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #162

Evergreen Owners Club
excellent report

Excellent report JC. Your assessment of the freezer situation is probably very accurate.

The items we really like about our Bay Hill are the auto leveling system and Girard hot water system when they are working to optimum capability.

My wife and I went to look at Bighorn 5th wheels this weekend, but I think the overall weight of these RVs put them out of our 3/4 ton GMC diesel's capability to tow them safely. Too bad since the Bighorns are truly upscale. Our Bay Hill is in its fourth iteration for slide out issues.

Ken
Old 03-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #163

I feel for you Ken. Not much worse than spending good money on something and then it isn't up to par and can't even use it. That is just about how our last unit was.

Big Horns are very nice units as it was our first Fiver we had owned. Probably should have kept that and never gone to the toyhauler (well I know we should). We did look at Big Horn 3010REs prior to choosing the Bay Hill. The build quality did seem similar, but the options offered on the Bay Hill and overall length did it for us.

I do agree with you the Big Horns would be pushing the limit for a 3/4 ton.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #164

Evergreen Owners Club
Bay Hill 295RL

Great report JC. Glad you love your new 295

As for Ken, man that stinks. You spent a bunch of $ for the 320 over a year ago and still not right. Good luck.

We just got back from a two week stay at the central coast of Calif. Great time.

We did find something that needs attention. A couple of times now I noticed small water leak on the left front by the left jack. It shows only when I use the black tank flush for a extended time. I do have the black gate valve open when flushing.

Must be a small leak in the system that drips on the top side of the belly pan and runs forward until it finds a opening by the jack.

I e-mailed Bod Batts this morning at evergreen and asked for a plumbing diagram before I open things up for a look see.

It will be a while before I am able to check things out though.

If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Chris and judy
Old 03-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #165

Considering a 2014 Bay Hill 365 RL. At the PDI what things would you suggest I make sure they inspect carefully. I am compiling a list so I don't have to return for corrections. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #166

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OswegoLion View Post
Considering a 2014 Bay Hill 365 RL. At the PDI what things would you suggest I make sure they inspect carefully. I am compiling a list so I don't have to return for corrections. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I'll start you out with a couple of thoughts....

#1 Look at the 365rl with the slides in, the bathroom is the only space you can really get to without moving a slide.

#2 Forget the brochure weights. Mine has a dry hitch weight of 2,320 pounds and a dry total weight of 12,480. Options will make the weight vary. I did get the larger 12 cu foot fridge, standard 12 gal. water heater, dual a/c, no dishwasher.

These weights did make me purchase a new dually to be on the safe side.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #167

Evergreen Owners Club
Hopefully back in the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGibson View Post
I feel for you Ken. Not much worse than spending good money on something and then it isn't up to par and can't even use it. That is just about how our last unit was.

Big Horns are very nice units as it was our first Fiver we had owned. Probably should have kept that and never gone to the toyhauler (well I know we should). We did look at Big Horn 3010REs prior to choosing the Bay Hill. The build quality did seem similar, but the options offered on the Bay Hill and overall length did it for us.

I do agree with you the Big Horns would be pushing the limit for a 3/4 ton.
Hey JC and Chris...

I'm hoping to be back in the game. I picked up my Bay Hill 320RS today from Toscano RV in Los Banos, California. Basically, the motors installed at the previous RV facility in Fresno were mechanically sound. One of the bolts that secures the kitchen slide motor had fractured, causing the slide to bind. Stainless steel bolts (for both motors) were installed and the motors synchronized. In addition, a leaking propane regulator was replaced and a day-night kitchen shade anchored.

The next test of the slides occurs when we head for the Bay Area for the beginning of the SF Giants baseball season. My wife and I are season ticket holders.

Another major trailer part failure, however, will put an end to our Bay Hill trailering experiences.

Ken
Old 03-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #168

Evergreen Owners Club
back in the game Ken!!!!

As I said before good luck. We are rooting for you and your 320.

Get this behind you and enjoy.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Chris and Judy

Tags
evergreen