Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #169

Evergreen Owners Club
320RS slides

Thank you...

I'll keep you updated after we head out to baseball by the bay.

Ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #170

Evergreen Owners Club
Bay Hill 50 Amp breaker switch

Does anyone who owns a Bay Hill know where the 50 amp breaker switch is located?

I plugged a Dyson vacuum cleaner into a kitchen plug and immediately lost electrical service to the televisions and a few other plug outlets. Fortunately the outage did not affect the slide motors or the leveling system. I checked the circuit breakers in the box that contains the circuit switches and fuses just inside the entry door and all looked normal. I flipped the breakers to the "off" position and then back to "on." That did not solve the issue.

I had an appointment to bring the trailer in for service for a drooping undercoating and reinforcement of the water tank. I mentioned the electrical problem. The service tech said the 50 amp breaker needed to be reset but I did ask where the breaker switch was located.

I know some savvy Bay Hill owner out there knows the answer!

Ken

Old 05-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #171

Evergreen Owners Club
Ken,
You might check your GFI Breaker.. some of the kitchen plugs are GFI.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #172

Evergreen Owners Club
OK...next time (if there's a next time) I'll check out the GFIs. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ken
Old 05-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #173

Evergreen Owners Club
My new Bay Hill 340RK will be on my campground in St-Alphonse de Granby, Quebec on May 22nd. New to RV, I was in sailing before. Will also setup my Ham radio station (VE2KIN) and on APRS (VE2KIN-9). Was in a 3 hour crash course on this RV.....remember about 20% ! Hopefully more will come back as I identify priorities.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #174
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Picked up our new Bayhill this past week, currently on a shakedown cruise. Already are setting up a return to factory for service for issues. They really need to improve quality control as the vast majority of our issues should have been caught before the unit left the factory.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #175

Evergreen Owners Club
Things to check

Have the factory check the safety straps (metal bands) on your water tank on your Bay Hill. I'm on my third fresh water tank. Also, check your fender skirts. My bottom edges were about 1/16" from the tires...much too close. I'm guessing you may be having slide-out issues as well.

Good luck on your repairs...

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #176

Are there any Bay Hill owners that don't have issues? Seems like every Bay Hill thread that gets going it really brings out the problems. And I don't mean small stuff that most have. I really have my doubts about Evergreen as a company. They totally botched the Element with all the roof leak issues and now after reading about so many problems with the BH, it just seems like Evergreen has some management issues.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Are there any Bay Hill owners that don't have issues? Seems like every Bay Hill thread that gets going it really brings out the problems. And I don't mean small stuff that most have. I really have my doubts about Evergreen as a company. They totally botched the Element with all the roof leak issues and now after reading about so many problems with the BH, it just seems like Evergreen has some management issues.
We have been fairly lucky, based on other comments, that we haven't had too many things wrong with ours. However, it currently is at the dealer having a few things fixed. One item is quite serious though that could have been a lot worse if we didn't discover it as soon as we did. Apparently, the main ground wire wasn't wired correctly and it started to melt the fuse panel when we turned on our bedroom AC. It freaked us out when we found that. It could have burned down the rig if it had been going much longer.

I agree the company needs to do a better job of QCing the rigs before they head out as a lot of things that were wrong could have been fixed at the QC inspection. The company does remind me of Heartland when it was first starting out. We owned a BigHorn when they first came out and it was a great unit (very nice and a good price) like the BayHill, but it had problems similar to BayHill. I think it is growing pains and Heartland was able to overcome them and I hope Evergreen is able to do the same as we really like our unit.
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #178
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Just got word that we are scheduled for the 16th for a full day at the factory for repairs. our list is mostly small stuff but necessary to go to factory because of one. The entire lower roadside skirt has to be replaced for paint issues that should have been caught at quality control inspection. Other things like reverse polarity wiring, drawer slide issues, slide awning tension, etc. Hopefully this will be our only time dealing with issues.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #179

Evergreen Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I took delivery of my Bay Hill 340RK after it spent 3 weeks at the dealership in Beleil Quebec. I went there three times to go through the 340 inch by inch with their technician. Identified 6 items that needed correction and were corrected BEFORE taking delivery. They were very collaborative but said that they would be on the defensive when an other Canadian Air Force pilot comes around to buy an RV !
Old 06-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #180

First Big Trip

We are getting ready to do our first big trip next week. Plan on putting about 1500-2000 miles on the rig to Gulf Shores Alabama and back. Hopefully we have got all the kinks worked out and it should be very enjoyable. Will give feedback on our trip once we get back.
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #181

We are currently traveling in our Bay Hill 320 RS and are having problems with our refrigerator/battery. We are getting an error code LI OP and low DC on the refrigerator. Thanks to my wife's foresight we brought two batteries and switching batteries took care of the problem, for now. However, this is the second time in the past three days that we have had to switch out the batteries so we suspect that something is draining the battery. Since this is the weekend we will not be able to have our unit serviced until Monday at the earliest but we will be traveling in areas that are mostly rural so finding a place that services RV's may be iffy.

Any suggestions from anyone out there regarding possible remedies we might be able to do ourselves?
Old 06-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #182

Evergreen Owners Club
Long Trip

If you are talking about your house battery going dead then find your converter it is probably behind the circuit breaker box (we have the 385bh and that's where ours is) turn off your house batteries and shore power.
There are 2 30 amp fuses on the end of the converter check them . One or both will probably be blown.
That was our problem twice.
The batteries are not being charged by the converter so it drains them.
The trick is finding 30 amp fuses, you can use 25 temporarily although they could blow again if spiked. So have extras.
I ordered a whole pack of 30 amp fuses online just have on hand.
Hope this helps
Rich

Tags
evergreen