Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 AM   #183

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by long trip View Post
We are currently traveling in our Bay Hill 320 RS and are having problems with our refrigerator/battery. We are getting an error code LI OP and low DC on the refrigerator. Thanks to my wife's foresight we brought two batteries and switching batteries took care of the problem, for now. However, this is the second time in the past three days that we have had to switch out the batteries so we suspect that something is draining the battery. Since this is the weekend we will not be able to have our unit serviced until Monday at the earliest but we will be traveling in areas that are mostly rural so finding a place that services RV's may be iffy.

Any suggestions from anyone out there regarding possible remedies we might be able to do ourselves?
When on the road shouldn't your frig be powered with propane?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnAna View Post
If you are talking about your house battery going dead then find your converter it is probably behind the circuit breaker box (we have the 385bh and that's where ours is) turn off your house batteries and shore power.
There are 2 30 amp fuses on the end of the converter check them . One or both will probably be blown.
That was our problem twice.
The batteries are not being charged by the converter so it drains them.
The trick is finding 30 amp fuses, you can use 25 temporarily although they could blow again if spiked. So have extras.
I ordered a whole pack of 30 amp fuses online just have on hand.
Hope this helps
Rich
We just had our unit serviced. You were correct about the fuses being blown. The converter was behind the circuit breaker box but was better accessed through the storage bay. We were told that we should get 40 amp fuses. Ours had 35 amp fuses. By the way, the repair man told us that the converters on these units are substandard or lower quality and suggested that we replace the converter with a better one. He had nothing to gain as we are traveling and were leaving immediately and he told us this as he was leaving. It may be true since we just bought our RV in November and this was the first extended trip we have been on.
long trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desirade View Post
When on the road shouldn't your frig be powered with propane?
The fridge needs 12v for the electronics to fire up the propane - so no 12v, no fridge.

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #186

ECHO Switch

Where is the ECHO Switch?

Quote:
OK. Once again my lovely wife solved the problem. My wife read the troubleshooting guide and it suggested resetting the ECHO Switch and it worked! Note: It was the last thing they suggested in the owner's manual troubleshooting guide for issues pertaining to the hot water heaters. By the way, she called Atwood customer service for tech support and was on hold for 40 minutes before they answered the call. By that time she had solved the problem. On another note, the dealer we bought the unit from was extremely helpful and found some RV repair shops that would service our unit in the area we are staying. He also had his tech walk us through the initial troubleshooting procedures well after office hours. So the effort was there they just have not had the experience in working with the Atwood hot water heaters which will be a similar issue for most RV dealers since the Bay Hill is a new product. By the way, we called Evergreen for tech support. They were very nice but referred us to the Atwood customer service indicating that they would be more useful to us. Hope this helps others with similar problems.
rozellp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #187

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
We are looking at purchasing a B320RS 2014 model and would appreciate some advice from those of you who have gone through this process. We have seen quite a bit of variance in dealer prices. We live in Texas but are not opposed to traveling to a dealer that offers a significant price reduction. We have only purchased one prior RV and were able to get a substantial discount by purchasing our RV from a dealer in Ohio. Yes we had travel expenses but we turned it into a mini vacation and the bottom line is we saved thousands of dollars even after taking travel costs into consideration. I would appreciate any suggestions regarding this matter.
got mine in Lubbock Tx at billy sims trailer town ask for bob
BOBBY HOWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #188

Hello fellow Bay Hill owners! We have had our 365RL for almost a year and are still LOVING it! Just wondering though if anyone knows where the gage is for the propane tanks? For some reason I can't find it so we never know how much propane we have in any of the 3 tanks. Thanks in advance and good travels to all
mustanggt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #189

Evergreen Owners Club
Propane Gauges

Hey Mustang...

You really got me thinking about propane gauges that might have been part of the propane changeover switch. On my previous 5th wheel, the gauge changed from green to red, depending on which way the crossover switch was pointing. If the gauge showed red indicating an empty tank, that did not prevent the system from making the switchover to the other tank.

I bought three Camco propane gauges from Amazon after we first bought our Bay Hill 320RS in 2013. They simply screw into the propane tank and the hose with the green Acme nut screws into the gauge. So far, the three gauges have worked flawlessly. I paid about $19 for each gauge.

Glad to hear your Bay Hill is performing well. I'm having my third water tank installed this week as well as new safety straps. We traveled from California to Arizona and it's really the first extended trip we've taken that we didn't have to deal with some sort of trailer issue. At the moment, the tubing has been capped off where the water tank should have been. We're fine on city water until the new tank is installed.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:36 PM   #190

Evergreen Owners Club
Propane gauge

There are no real propane gauges, we bought three from Lowes in the BBQ area for about $10 each and they work great.
We have the 385BH and no real problems yet and we have been full time for about a year now.
We have the tankless water heater and no problems at all, we love it.
RichnAna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:28 AM   #191

Thank you both so much for the suggestions! I guess I just assumed there were pre-installed gauges somewhere that I couldn't find. So... this is an easy fix! Thank you again!!
mustanggt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:46 AM   #192

Evergreen Owners Club
Thumbs up 2013 -295rl

We bought ours last May in Idaho,stayed in it till July ,then went up into Canada & on back to Florida.We encountered a very bad washout in road .fresh water tank tried to come out,but can,t blame the trailer.a couple straps &. We continued our trip.back in Florida we took it to LaMasa in Ft.Myers for warranty for the tank & recall on awning.They took so long we finally called BayHill customer Service & warranty to finally get it back from LaMasa.Will never go back there again.We set up in Ft. Myers for a couple months as vacation home.Last month we went to Pennsylvania,noticed a hydraulic line bulging.when we got home I noticed another line had oil under outer jacket.Did some research & Lippert products has had a problem with these on various trailer brands.I called BayHill & told of my problem,my warranty ran out 3 weeks ago.no problem get it fixed & said he would take care of it.We love our's getting ready for another trip next month.
Good luck,Enjoy
Gordon
Gordond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #193
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Just got back from our two week trip which included (commenced) with a stop at the factory in Middlebury for repairs. When they saw my list of fix it's, they didn't think they could complete it all in the one day allotted because their repair day changed from mom to fri and I was there on a Monday. Hard to do repairs at the same time as the line is running building new units. They did say that they just bought another building to set up a service center separate from the factory so that problem should be cured. They did get my repair list completed and I went away satisfied. Nothing bad to say. Love the fiver, and recommend a look for anyone in the market.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #194

Sounds like they need to a new PDI building so they can control quality before the units leave the lot. The new service building is nothing more than a band aid. They're not curing the problem of poor quality control. Unless problems are fixed before the sale then what good is that for the customer?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnAna View Post
There are no real propane gauges, we bought three from Lowes in the BBQ area for about $10 each and they work great.
We have the 385BH and no real problems yet and we have been full time for about a year now.
We have the tankless water heater and no problems at all, we love it.
Our Teton has two lights that one comes on when a tank empties and switches over in the information center. Not really a gauge but lets us know when one is empty. Two wires come from top of regulator and runs to panel. simple and works great
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #196

Forest River Owners Club
Just replaced one of the 2 Dometic 310 toilets that came with the coach. The one off the main bedroom would no longer hold water in the bowl. I removed the seal that the ball gate pushes up against and greased it up with marine grease. It didn't work. The ball gate lost its tension against the seal. I contacted Dometic who connected me to Sealand. They took the serial number and advised that they will send a new toilet. I asked how often this happens because I have another same toilet in the bunk room bathroom. They said that they produce about 1500 a week and about 1 percent develop this problem. I received the new toilet in 3 days and it was a breeze to install.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen