Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #197

I purchased a Bay Hill in March in and out of the shop 2 or 3 times for propane leaks. Now it has been at La Mesa RV in Tucson since May 22nd, starting to get really frustrated. Made 2 payments on something I haven't seen in awhile. Has anyone else had problems like this? Been thinking about getting an attorney!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #198

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdmeme View Post
I purchased a Bay Hill in March in and out of the shop 2 or 3 times for propane leaks. Now it has been at La Mesa RV in Tucson since May 22nd, starting to get really frustrated. Made 2 payments on something I haven't seen in awhile. Has anyone else had problems like this? Been thinking about getting an attorney!
What can La Mesa possibly be doing since May 22nd?

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #199

Not sure, except giving me the run around!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:49 AM   #200

Evergreen Owners Club
For starters don't let La Mesa RV touch your coach, I purchased from them and they only make things worse. If I can't fix it myself I find a repair facility I trust.
A propane leak can only be a few things a line, valve or fitting. Spray leak detector on all connections see if you see bubbles.
Turn off all tanks test one at a time to eliminate the tanks and valves they all lead to a main regulator the split from there, then trace each line from there.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnAna View Post
For starters don't let La Mesa RV touch your coach, I purchased from them and they only make things worse. If I can't fix it myself I find a repair facility I trust.

A propane leak can only be a few things a line, valve or fitting. Spray leak detector on all connections see if you see bubbles.

Turn off all tanks test one at a time to eliminate the tanks and valves they all lead to a main regulator the split from there, then trace each line from there.

Thanks RichnAna I'll keep that in mind if I ever get it back from them. I'll never take it back to them again!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:20 AM   #202

Evergreen Owners Club
I just wanted to stop and say how great it is to have such a tight community of Bay Hill owners here with so much helpful info to share. I am taking delivery on my 385BH in about 3 weeks from United RV in Fort Worth and so far have been extremely happy with how they have worked with me on the deal (I have quite a few changes being made to the coach). I am stepping up from an '09 Keystone Everest and since finding the Bay Hill I have been following this conversation for some time. Kinda nervous with all the little problems I see but my Everest had some pretty good issues itself, so I dont feel its just Bay Hill.....its just RV manufacturers and dealers.....sucks but ya gotta learn to fix it and go. I have brought several of the issues I have read out here to the attention of United and they are checking them out to (hopefully) avoid me having them. All in all I do have to say that after months and months of looking and researching I feel the Bay Hill is the most feature rich 5er out there right now without stepping into the "full time luxury" catagory. I wish they had boxed frames like its sister the Alpha Gold but the 12" I-beam the Bay Hill rides on isn't bad at all. Well Thanks again for all the wonderful information and hopefully I'll be joining the club of owners in a few weeks! Take care

Chad
Old 07-16-2014, 05:54 AM   #203

Evergreen Owners Club
We had simalar experience with LaMasa in Florida, Took our 13 to them last august.had recall on awning, fresh water tank issue.I used motorcycle straps under tank to finish our vacation last summer.After six weeks at LaMasa,dozens of calls to them as well as BayHill.Finaly one Sunday afternoon sitting on patio after happy hour,surfing the net discovered las masa in CA. & some sales guy wanted to chat so I set forth my frustrations.he was apologetic for a time then just ended our chat! low & behold 2 days later ,a call our 5r was ready.we went to pu,very disappointed propane tanks empty,batteries dead,The repair is very poor quality.I will probably redo myself one day.They nerver even helped charge batteries so I could hook up.Will never go back.As far as BayHill ,they have been good to deal with.last trip we had hydraulic issue.6 weeks off warranty,called BayHill,they worked with me on situation.
Good luck,Enjoy,We love ours.
GD
Old 07-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #204

Evergreen Owners Club
Welcome Chad !!!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #205

Evergreen Owners Club
Propane Issues

I had propane issues like you described in your posting. My wife and I were preparing to leave on a trip. Prior to this, we had a new propane regulator installed on our Bay Hill 320RS. The night before our trip, the gas alarm in the trailer sounded loudly around midnight, waking a few of the neighbors. The next morning I returned the Bay Hill to the RV service facility that installed the regulator. A service technician quickly determined that we were getting propane blowback that caused the alarm to go off in the trailer. Propane lines had not been installed correctly from the single tank to the dual tanks at the Evergreen factory and were, in fact, reversed. Once the lines were correctly positioned, we've had no more propane issues. Just another of the quality control issues that seem to plague Bay Hill 5th wheels...
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #206

Evergreen Owners Club
Just Ordered 340RK

Hi! We have been full timers since June 2012 due to hubby's job. We are originally from southwestern PA, but now spend most of our time in Houston. Started out in a used 2005 Crossroads Paradise Pointe.

Last fall we were at the Oklahoma RV show. We were trying to decide between a Landmark and a Solitude. We went to the Houston RV Show in February. We saw the 340RK and fell in love with it. We both walked in it, and said this is it. We walked back through others and still came back to the Bay Hill. We had an opportunity to speak with an Evergreen rep and were impressed. We love the fact that they do honor their warranty for full timers, too.

Unfortunately, we couldn't purchase yet until our house sales. It had been for sale for a year. Last month we got an offer on our house. Contacted the dealer we met with at the show. We worked out the build sheet a couple of weeks ago. We got our approved financing last Monday, and went in Friday to go over final build sheet and put down deposit. We ordered the gray one. Matches our new gray Ram beautifully. We added the generator because we have been in hot, humid TX after thunderstorm and the power had been out for hours. We went with dual pane windows, also, to eliminate the condensation when we are in Pennsylvania end of November to beginning of January. Actually, we went with all the options. Since we are having it built, and it is our home, we wanted to do it right.

We are concerned with the tankless water heater. I have read of issues of it freezing when in the north. Those were mostly after market additions. Anybody have that problem? We didn't have that issue with the traditional hot water tank because of constant heat.

We are so excited. Tentatively, we are supposed to take delivery 2nd week of September.

I have learned a lot from y'all on what to look for when doing walk through.

Blessings,
Trudi
RVn Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #207

Evergreen Owners Club
Trudi, welcome to the forum!!!! I can't help with your water heater question as we ordered ours with the standard water heater. I'm sure that some with the tankless will chime in.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #208

Evergreen Owners Club
The Walk Through

Hi Trudi...

I have had my Bay Hill since January of 2013 and have not had any issues with the tankless water heater, not that my wife and I have been in temperatures that got below 40 degrees.

Best advice for the walk-through when you get your new trailer: read the postings on this forum and make notes of the Bay Hill issues that seem to be pointed out repeatedly. Allude to these topics during your walk-through and make sure any questions you have are completely answered before you take delivery. At this point, you must be persistent and proactive! Unfortunately, our Bay Hill walk-through was handled by an individual who didn't know much more than we did about the enhanced features of the new trailer that our previous trailer did not have. For example, he was not able to explain the auto-leveling system completely, a feature that malfunctioned badly on our first trip. Many other problems occurred that caused our "new" Bay Hill to be out of service for many months mostly because of poor quality control during the manufacturing process and an RV dealership that could care less about providing warranty service after the sale.

When our Bay Hill has been operational, my wife and I have been pleased with the unit. Part of our initial concern, however, was that our walk-through was quite poor and we did not ask enough of the right questions (e.g. where's that second gray water drain valve that wasn't labeled???) to make a satisfactory beginning with our Bay Hill. Now that the proverbial bugs (major and minor) have been worked out, we have found our 5th wheel to be a very comfortable and reliable RV.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #209

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVn Texan View Post
Hi! We have been full timers since June 2012 due to hubby's job. We are originally from southwestern PA, but now spend most of our time in Houston. Started out in a used 2005 Crossroads Paradise Pointe.

Last fall we were at the Oklahoma RV show. We were trying to decide between a Landmark and a Solitude. We went to the Houston RV Show in February. We saw the 340RK and fell in love with it. We both walked in it, and said this is it. We walked back through others and still came back to the Bay Hill. We had an opportunity to speak with an Evergreen rep and were impressed. We love the fact that they do honor their warranty for full timers, too.

Unfortunately, we couldn't purchase yet until our house sales. It had been for sale for a year. Last month we got an offer on our house. Contacted the dealer we met with at the show. We worked out the build sheet a couple of weeks ago. We got our approved financing last Monday, and went in Friday to go over final build sheet and put down deposit. We ordered the gray one. Matches our new gray Ram beautifully. We added the generator because we have been in hot, humid TX after thunderstorm and the power had been out for hours. We went with dual pane windows, also, to eliminate the condensation when we are in Pennsylvania end of November to beginning of January. Actually, we went with all the options. Since we are having it built, and it is our home, we wanted to do it right.

We are concerned with the tankless water heater. I have read of issues of it freezing when in the north. Those were mostly after market additions. Anybody have that problem? We didn't have that issue with the traditional hot water tank because of constant heat.

We are so excited. Tentatively, we are supposed to take delivery 2nd week of September.

I have learned a lot from y'all on what to look for when doing walk through.

Blessings,
Trudi
Hello Trudi.
My 340RK was delivered on my campground at the end of May. Living alone and in my 70s I am a seasonal camper in Canada spending winter in my condo in West Palm Beach. I bought my unit from the biggest dealer in Quebec who gave a similar unit to his parents in WPB. My reasoning was that if it is good for his parents, it will be good for me. The 340RK spend 3 weeks at the dealer where I went 3 time testing all components with their technicians.
The only issue I had since taking delivery is with the Atwood tankless water heater. This is a new technology for propane tankless heaters and bugs had to be expected. After 2 minutes in the shower there was no more hot water.A module had to be changed and had been back ordered at Atwood. The secret is to turn the hot water on at full capacity and to temper the water temperature only with a cool water tap.
Your concern about the freezing of the Atwood unit is probably a valid one. I have access to the back of the unit from under the stairs and might buy a small portable heater that I would turn on at night on cold October nights before I winterize the whole 340RK and leave south at the end of October.
I had a Ariston by Splendide washer and dryer installed by the dealer, with a linen tablet on top of the units...just like my dealer's parents have, and installed by the dealer himself. Works marvellously well.
All the best to you.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #210

Evergreen Owners Club
Hi Trudi

We have the tankless water heater in our 385BH and love it, the one thing to make sure if is the propane pressure to the tank has to be 11 or it will not work correctly causing hot to cold fluxuations.
We are missionaries and travel all over but so far have not had this coach in freezing temperatures.
If you want those questions answered I would call the manufacturer of the tankless system directly hopefully you have a Girard system, they are great.
In fact on any component that goes out call the manufacturer of that item directly you will get better response and service.
Overall we love our Bay Hill.

Have safe travels and God bless

Tags
evergreen