Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Bay Hill, Wow - I looked at this 5er on-line. Looks really super nice. I did not know EverGreen built anything this nice...cool.

How long have they been building the Bay Hill?
I'm pretty sure 2012 was the first year
mustanggt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Just got off the phone with Evergreen....they have fantastic customer service. They confirmed that the back bathroom shares one auxiliary tank for both grey and black water and just pulling the one lever empties it.
If you are not getting any water out of the washer hookups, something is wrong. Give Evergreen customer service a call and they can explain if their are shutoff's elsewhere, but I don't think so. When you opened the water valves, were you hooked up to outside water and not the water pump. It's possible that the washer hookups are not connected to the water pump.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Here's an update on the tankless water heater. As I mentioned, I bled all the lines and lowered the setting on the dial to just below the halfway point. I used the shower for a long time and never ran out of hot water. My wife tried it out and had the old problem with the water becoming cold for about 30 seconds and then getting hot for about 1 minute then cold again. At first I was baffled as I did not have the problem but she told me that she turned the hot water up all the way then added cold. However she then backed the hot water off and that is when the problem began. I realized that once again the hot water was going off on safety because she lowered the hot water on the shower valve instead of adding more cold water. I used the shower once again and turned the hot water valve all the way and added cold as needed. I could have stayed in the shower for more than an hour. I never ran out. Now she understands not to back off the hot, but add more cold. If that is still to hot, then the heater dial should be lowered a notch at a time until you hit the best temperature.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Here's an update on the tankless water heater. As I mentioned, I bled all the lines and lowered the setting on the dial to just below the halfway point. I used the shower for a long time and never ran out of hot water. My wife tried it out and had the old problem with the water becoming cold for about 30 seconds and then getting hot for about 1 minute then cold again. At first I was baffled as I did not have the problem but she told me that she turned the hot water up all the way then added cold. However she then backed the hot water off and that is when the problem began. I realized that once again the hot water was going off on safety because she lowered the hot water on the shower valve instead of adding more cold water. I used the shower once again and turned the hot water valve all the way and added cold as needed. I could have stayed in the shower for more than an hour. I never ran out. Now she understands not to back off the hot, but add more cold. If that is still to hot, then the heater dial should be lowered a notch at a time until you hit the best temperature.
There has been an issue with tankless water heaters, that being that you cannot get slow flow of hot water out of them. Example: if you are rinsing dishes with hot water and turn it down, the low flow affects the performance of the heater. You will generally just get cold or barely warm water at low flow. That is probably why you get better performance by having hot on full and adding cold to comfort.
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #19

What are the R values? Are the tanks and dump valves heated? Site doesn't say. I like the modern interior style.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #20

I guess I'll have to call Evergreen service, because our dealership service said I should get any water to the washer/dryer faucets if I don't have units hooked up.... that there should be no air in the lines because they've never been turned on at the main shut off valve.

Well, this didn't help me at all because they did not know where to tell the main valve is so that I can turn it on and bleed the air anyway.

We also found that turning the water thermostat to about medium gave the best result with turning the hot water on full and then adjusting with cold.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
Barbara,

We ran the dishwasher only to make sure it works but don't expect to use it after that.

Mike
Why is that?
MuMu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #22

why use dishes? We only use paper plates and paper/plastic cups. My wife has stated she would prefer the storage vs the dishwasher.
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #23

Anyone else with a Bay Hill having issues with the main TV in the living area not coming in clearly when connected to cable? I've talked with 2 other owners (besides us) that can't seem to get clear reception. The tv in the bedroom is considerably better. I wonder if it has anything to do with the main tv being on a slide out?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
I have heard that you should make sure your antennae booster is off and it may clear up picture.
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #25

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggt123 View Post
Anyone else with a Bay Hill having issues with the main TV in the living area not coming in clearly when connected to cable? I've talked with 2 other owners (besides us) that can't seem to get clear reception. The tv in the bedroom is considerably better. I wonder if it has anything to do with the main tv being on a slide out?
I would check to make sure the connections are tight. A bad connector can cause a grainy picture. Check the coax for white dielectric wrapped around or touching the center conductor. Will definitely cause a bad pic. The way these tv's are thrown together nowadays, the qc is crap! Check connections at wall plate and outside.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
why use dishes? We only use paper plates and paper/plastic cups. My wife has stated she would prefer the storage vs the dishwasher.
So, she uses the DW for storage instead? What does she store in it?
MuMu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #27

Thanks everyone! I will try all of those things and hopefully it will help.. not to fun watching football on a fuzzy screen. We did purchase a 32" flat screen and hooked it up to the basement cable and had a fun tailgate style BBQ! Definitely looking forward to more of those. Although I will say that space in the basement could hold a much larger tv. The 32" seems tiny in there!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Question. I gave a friend who is looking for a fifth wheel for full timing. Can not go for a DRV or Excel. Out of price range. Is the bay hill for full timing? I know a lot use various 5ers that we not approved by the manufacture. Is this one , neither he or I could fine anything on site
Sightseer33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen