Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2014, 02:36 AM   #267

Evergreen Owners Club
All your different modifications to your living space sound great especially the couches and computers and freezers. If you don't mind sharing pictures I would love to see some pictures of the different set ups you have in your saloons.

I tried to check out camping world's website this evening for couches and such but it was down.

Chad
When you take delivery of your new RV? I'm definitely liking a lot of the modifications that you done to yours. The two 15000 BTU air conditioners is definitely one of them. I will definitely be calling you dealer to find out what they might be able to do for me. I remember Alabama being just as hot and humid as it probably sounds like it is in Florida. So two air-conditioners sounds like it is definitely the way to go. Also your dealer being able to duct the second one sounds like that will make a world of difference.

Shawn

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2014, 03:06 AM   #268

Evergreen Owners Club
another quick question? I noticed a lot of people use this. What does DW or DH mean? I can figure out that the H or W means husband or wife. Does that do you mean darling?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #269

Evergreen Owners Club
LOL @ Bob. I think i'd lock myself in the room with the a/c also!
I would really love to see pictures of the custom bed installed in the bunkroom because the fold out couch, although it works, is kinda half thought out. Having a bed in there would be so much better. I wish Bay Hill would have made the rear cabinet in that room wider and not so deep, it would have given more space around any bed in the room and you could push the bed/couch towards to rear of trailer in the slide, giving more room for the door to open. I am still a few weeks from coming home but my coach should be ready this week. I just need to let them know a few days before I come home so they can detail it, put the UV protection on the exterior, and condition the roof for me. They wont do those things until right before I take delivery. The ducted front a/c is really no problem because the factory front a/c in my coach was already ducted, they just swapped the upper unit with the larger a/c. Not sure whether Bay Hill preps the trailers with ducting that are not ordered with two units, but if your dealer orders theirs with dual a/c's I think they come both ducted from the factory, mine did. Shawn, if you do call them, ask for Phil Bertram and he'll steer you in the right direction. He is actually the sales manager, but is very involved in all sales and a great guy. I would love to see some pictures as well of the other coaches that have changes done to them, and trust me, I'll post 'em of mine when I take delivery. Cheers!

Chad
Old 08-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBACK View Post
another quick question? I noticed a lot of people use this. What does DW or DH mean? I can figure out that the H or W means husband or wife. Does that do you mean darling?
Dear Hubby/Dear Wife is the way I heard it, but darling probably works too.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #271

Tiffin Owners Club
One of the first things I did when we got the coach was reverse that door going into the bunk house. The first couple of weeks we were fighting it when guests were using the pull out bed. I was looking at some of the different makes and models on line one evening and noticed some had the doors going into their bunk rooms reversed. So, I thought I'd give it a try and it was a piece of cake. The door now opens into the kitchen. It doesn't get in the way of the bed and when opened it rests against the adjacent side of the tv cabinet.
My grand children use the bunk house, however when there is a baseball game on (Yankees) I move them out, close the door and turn on the game. (We put a 32" TV opposite the couch. I just have to remember to lock my self in when I really get into the game.

Bob
Old 08-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #272

Evergreen Owners Club
Wow, I love your idea Bob, I never would have though of that! That will be first on list of things to do. I too scratched my head at the direction that door opened, but i still never thought of reversing it. Awsome idea! That's why I love this group of folks, someone always has a great idea to improve and customize our RV's.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #273

Owner of new 2014 Bay Hill 340RK

Hi Everyone,
Glad to read everyone's comments on their Bay Hills. We bought ours in May of 2014 and love it. It's a 40 foot. We have been on two long trips and have experienced two issues:
1. The awnings are horrible and do not stand up to wind. They were unwinding completely as we traveled down the road. It was awful! We had to stop multiple times and my husband finally had to wrap with budgie cords. We are in the process of getting a totally different type. A&R I think. We refused to have the same kind ( new ones ) installed.
2. Our fridge went out and come to find out there was a short in a wall socket close to the fridge. This was easily fixed.

Alice
Old 08-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #274

Evergreen Owners Club
I have read about the awnings having a recall due to pitch or something but never that they were unwinding going down the road. Thats crazy! I have also read about a few Bay Hills having some goofy wiring issues, so I guess I need to watch out for those issues. Very happy to hear you love yours Alice. Its great to hear someone thats not having a huge mess of problems. Im excited to get mine!
Old 08-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #275

Evergreen Owners Club
Thumbs up

Hope you both enjoy your rig as much as we do.Dometic had recal on our 2013 for motor on awning that could cause to unravel while traveling.We took ours in for the upgrade after 4000 mile trip,no issues,have put another 3500 since then & no issues.
If you have the nor cold referiderator check for recall on high temp switch,had ours set up in ft.myers last fall for couple months.Never even considered the fact I set it up with sun betting on fridge side for couple hours a day & had to have mobile guy to recall on warranty.Since then we have been on a couple long trips & we leave ours hooked up to shore power at home 24/7 ( installed a 50 amp at my shop) so we can take off anytime.so far refrigerator works great.
Lippert hydraulic lines in front compartment were an issue but I think we have bugs worked out.
As I,m still working, a lot of times we will hit the road when I get off work & travel late,we stop where ever we fell safe,in the morning shower is always ready, quick breakfast,DW rinses dishes pops them in dishwasher for travel.when we get to camp turns on washer,Set up & take down hook up is a breeze.
Enjoy,
GD
Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #276

Evergreen Owners Club
Airconditioning

Looking to buy a 2014. Went into a 295RL it was not too cool. Went back to it hours later not any better. Was wondering if this is normal ?.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #277

Evergreen Owners Club
I personally wouldn't think that would be normal. I would think if the a/c was on for several hours, it should have cooled the coach quite a bit. Does it have one or two units? The 295RL is a 35' coach and being a rear living with alot of open space, I would think it should cool down fairly quick, but especially if it has two a/c's. The dealer should be able to tell you if there is a problem. My 36' Keystone Everest has two units and its a bunkhouse (not as much unobstructed space) and it cools down pretty fast with both a/c's running, UNLESS its extremely hot outside with full sun. Then the units have to cool the walls, ceiling, and floors enough to cool the coach without fighting radiant heat from the structure, but it still only takes a few hours to feel a difference.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #278

Evergreen Owners Club
When we bought ours a year & half ago, we looked at the 320, for the reason it had 2 AC units.our long term plans are for the NW.we have traveled about 7500 miles with ours & only time we could use it is south GA. & Florida in summer.living area is fine ,bedroom gets a little uncomfortable in Aug./Sept.
We leave ours hooked up at home as we like to take off on short notice on weekend ventures.yesterday day it was 76 when I went to check cause I hadn't, heard it cylcle on for a while.
We had it set up on perm. Site in Ft. Myers last summer, CG charged electric off meter use.With AC set at78, fridge on they charged me $30.00 month.If we were to stay in Florida I would defiantly add second unit.
Good luck.We realy like the 295,has everything we could want,but small enough to get to those out of the way places.
GD
Old 08-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #279

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post
Looking to buy a 2014. Went into a 295RL it was not too cool. Went back to it hours later not any better. Was wondering if this is normal ?.
Did you happen to look and see what the thermostat was set at?
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #280

How hot was it outside? If it was near 100deg out and they turned on the AC with it being that hot it may not of cooled down in a couple hrs. Does the unit have thermal pane windows? I've never owned a unit with two AC's so as others have said that would help. If it's going to be 100deg or so out then turning on the AC earlier in the day will help.

Tags
evergreen