Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #309

Just thought I would toss in here that my husband says that what Ken described about the propane hookup is exactly what was wrong with ours. Kind of disconcerting but hopefully, all is well.

Good luck Chad with your new unit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #310

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks to Gracers31, the diagram cleared up everything. My propane system was plumbed wrong, too. With a new regulator on the way, I'll get it fixed right! Many happy camping trips to all!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #311

Evergreen Owners Club
How did you get that attachment to open? i cant get it to open.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #312

Evergreen Owners Club
diagram viewing problems

So far two of you have said they can't open up the propane diagram I posted.

PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it along.

Chris and Judy
gracers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #313

Tow vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggt123 View Post
We have a 2014 365RL... right now it's at the dealership with initial repairs. We didn't find anything to extremely major I don't think. We took our trailer out 4 times and added to the list,, 1)we had a hydraulic leak down the inside of the wall under the fluid tank in the front outside compartment. This didn't seem to affect the leveling system as it was only down an inch or so. 2) there was a small leak of clear water coming from the base of the toilet 3) we had a couple of drawers that lost the magnetic self closing ability, a couple of outside lights that stopped working and really that was about it. We are learning how to adjust the instant hot water... and pretty much have it down now where we don't need to adjust the main control over the sink anymore! YAY!

Over all we are really happy with "Big Bertha"! We call her that because she is just about 40ft long. I find the trailer to be very comfortable and livable... the insulation seems to be good to as the furnace and fire place heat well and the A/C does a great job keeping it cool. If it were just my husband and I, we could easily live in our trailer for long periods if need be. If I had to do it over again, although the Bay Hill is fairly new to Evergreen and I believe they may still be ironing out some quirks, I think we would buy the same model again.

Also, for those of you that are having trouble getting response from Evergreen I see that people that post on their Facebook page seem to get very rapid response to questions and concerns. Good luck all and I will continue to post the pros and cons that we find in the journey with our Bay Hill.
What do you haul that RV with? Can it be reliably hauled with a 3/4 Ton Diesel pick-up? It appears to be on the high side of safe for my hauler.
touringmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #314

Chris & Judy,

May I also request the link to the Propane Diagram.

triptakerken@yahoo.com

Ken
Triptakerken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #315

Evergreen Owners Club
Evergreen & Tailgater portable satellite systems

On my last RV trip, I saw a few fellow RVers with a Tailgater satellite system connected to their respective RVs. Have any of my fellow Evergreen RV owners attempted to connect into a portable satellite system?

I would have to think carefully about investing in a Tailgater or Winegard setup since my cable tv input was completely miswired from the factory. Now that I've resolved the cable tv hookup situation, has any Bay Hill or other Evergreen RV owner attempted to make a satellite hookup from the satellite input connection on his or her trailer? In other threads, it seems like some Tailgater users have come directly into the RV with the coaxial cable and bypassed the company installed hookups.

thanks...Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #316

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenInCA View Post
On my last RV trip, I saw a few fellow RVers with a Tailgater satellite system connected to their respective RVs. Have any of my fellow Evergreen RV owners attempted to connect into a portable satellite system?

I would have to think carefully about investing in a Tailgater or Winegard setup since my cable tv input was completely miswired from the factory. Now that I've resolved the cable tv hookup situation, has any Bay Hill or other Evergreen RV owner attempted to make a satellite hookup from the satellite input connection on his or her trailer? In other threads, it seems like some Tailgater users have come directly into the RV with the coaxial cable and bypassed the company installed hookups.

thanks...Ken
We don't use a tailgater or winegard unit but we do have a Direct TV dish hooked up. It is wired through the hooks ups supplied by Evergreen in the service bay.
We have two inputs in the service bay. The one on the right is for cable and the left one is for the satellite. Both have worked perfectly from the get go.
We currently have the Direct hooked up only on the front TV, but we also have the cable hooked up in the bed room. Both can be viewed at the same time.
If you like I can send you a wiring diagram supplied by Evergreen. It shows how to wire inside the cabinet where you TV is.
PM me with your e-mail address and I will sent it along.

Chris & Judy
gracers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #317

Evergreen Owners Club
We use a Tailgater, and have used cable several times. Both work fine with the utility bay connections. Satellite on the left connection and cable on the right.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:00 AM   #318

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just FYI, for anyone with a 340RK, the cable is the top connection and satellite on the bottom. On mine, the cables were reversed at the connection point in the bedroom cabinet. Easily remedied once it was determined they were crossed.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #319

Evergreen Owners Club
Satellite connections

Thanks Chris and Keith. When my initial wiring woes were finally solved, I think the technician reversed the connection ports so the cable tv input was on the left side and the satellite input was on the right in the service bay. I am glad to hear, however, that your satellite connections are working well.

Some Tailgater users reported in other forums when a signal splitter was present, a different arrangement for connecting the coax cable to the receiver box had to be used.

Happy RVing to everyone!

Ken
Old 09-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #320

Forest River Owners Club
We use what is similar to a tailgater. It has 2 lnb's and allows us to record 2 channels or watch one and record another at the same time. It is totally automatic and finds and locks onto the satellite in just a couple of minutes. I use Directv which means I do not get HD. Directv's HD requires that 2 to 3 satellites are locked in at the same time. Dish network provides HD on the 110 satellite which means you get HD on the tailgater or Qube. I mounted the Qube on the ladder with the special installation kit from the manufacturer. It was easy to install, does not block the rungs on the ladder and very secure. I ran two cables to the television in the front bedroom. We have Comcast throughout the rest of the coach by connecting to the cable port on the side of the coach.
I did install a matrix system which if it worked well would have been sensational. All receivers, satellite, cable, dvd's are centrally located. I located them in the storage compartment in the front. I then ran 2 cat6 ethernet cables to each television. I ran them to 4 tv's...front bedroom, bunk house, living room and I installed a tv in the storage compartment for outside viewing. The kit came with 4 little receivers, about 5" x 3". The two ethernet cables plugged into it and an hdmi cable went to the tv. At the main receiver in the storage compartment, hdmi cables went to each receiver and dvd. A puck was stuck on to each receiver and dvd's ir location. This allows you to use the original remote from any TV. A small remote is included for each location which allows you to go from one receiver to another at the click of a button. So, if you want to watch a dvd on TV 1, just click the little clicker to the DVD and use the original DVD clicker from there on....when you want to go to Directv or Dish, just click the little clicker to that receiver and use the original directv of dish clicker from there on out. Each tv can watch the same receiver or dvd at the same time and each tv can watch different receivers or dvd's.
For the first 6 months, the system was fantastic. I had Directv on each of the 4 tv's with one receiver, I had comcast HD on each of the 4 tv's and I had my blueray dvd on each of the tv's. Then the system began to deteriorate. One tv at a time began losing one or more of the receivers until I was down to 1 tv getting only 1 receiver. I contacted the company and they immediately sent me another system. However after doing some research it turns out that everyone who purchased this system only got about 6 months before it began deteriorating, even the replacement systems. The cost of this system was only $300.00 which included everything, but as it turned out it was a bad system and did not work. Most of the people reviewing this system pointed to a similar system, however the cost of that was $1,500.00. So I decided to just go direct to each TV with one receiver. The front bedroom has Directv, the Living Room has a comcast HD DVR and the other two TV's have the comcast digital receivers. It was fun while the matrix system was working, but very aggravating when it started to deteriorate.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #321

I have a tailgater by Dish mounted on the ladder when I'm parked and it works great. I never worry about obstructions from trees or Rvs, just move it around as needed wether on roof,ladder or ground. I have 2014 295RL and I did have problems with the original coax connections from factory. We had dealer go thru system and they said it was wired wrong at factory, who knows what the real truth is, but the coax connections were not even labeled . Dealer cleaned and labeled it, left is sat and right is cable. The tailgater doesn't work if there is a splitter and it won't send signal to bedroom tv only main tv.
We have been living in our unit for over 5 weeks and I am very happy with the 5th wheel. The glitches we had in the begining have all been fixed especially the Atwood tankless water heater,which works great with warm ambient temps, the real test is this winter when its 30-45 F. At this point we are happy with our choice of Bay Hill.
vinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #322

Evergreen Owners Club
Satellite TV

Vinecat...I'm glad you've got your initial problems worked out. Like your RV, my 2013 Bay Hill 320RS had no labels to indicate which was the cable or satellite connection and, according to the thoroughly awful selling dealership, Evergreen was responsible for not wiring the connectors correctly as well as all of the trailer's woes. Your setup for the Tailgater seems very creative and looks like it works well for you.

And Bonabob, I think, probably has knowledge of every nook and cranny of his RV by now since he knows how to make the small and major repairs and tweaks with great skill. His previous posts are an inspiration to those of us who are not quite so mechanically inclined or who lack the adventurous spirit to wrestle with some of the intangibles that go along with RVing.

Thanks to both of you for your satellite setup knowledge!

Ken

Tags
evergreen