Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #323

Satellite Wiring/Hookup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracers31 View Post
We don't use a tailgater or winegard unit but we do have a Direct TV dish hooked up. It is wired through the hooks ups supplied by Evergreen in the service bay.
We have two inputs in the service bay. The one on the right is for cable and the left one is for the satellite. Both have worked perfectly from the get go.
We currently have the Direct hooked up only on the front TV, but we also have the cable hooked up in the bed room. Both can be viewed at the same time.
If you like I can send you a wiring diagram supplied by Evergreen. It shows how to wire inside the cabinet where you TV is.
PM me with your e-mail address and I will sent it along.

Chris & Judy
Chris & Judy,

Sorry about the delayed thank-you re the Propane Diagram.

We have been experiencing numerous problems with our 1 month old 310RE; not helped by a belligerent dealer!

We would appreciate a copy of the Satellite diagram, it may help in trying to sort out at least one of our problems! Also, any links to other diagrams you have from Evergreen would be a great help.

We had a small MH before our latest RV, an Itasca Navion IQ. A nice machine but a bit small for our future plans of spending more time in southern climes for the winter. The Winnebago/Itasca website provides links to just about every system on their products, time that Evergreen did the same.

Regards

Ken & Joanne

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #324

I am getting to winterize my BayHill 5th wheel. How do I ensure the RV antifreeze gets through the water line and disposal pump of my Dehco dishwasher? Any other tips on winterizing the dishwasher are appreciated.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #325

Evergreen Owners Club
Our 320RS is finally (almost) working correctly!

Took a nice week long trip up to Gunnison, CO. This was to be our "is it all finally working correctly?" trip. To our amazement, and even though our Bay Hill 320RS is basically rebuilt, all (ok NOT everything) worked great. We're still having trouble with the tankless water heater, and on morning #2, when I went to shower - ARRRGGH! no hot water (again). I fussed very loudly at my DH and insisted he call La Mesa and find out what the heck is going on, since they last said, "it's fixed". We got the tech who repaired it on the phone, and he explained that likely the issue was the "sail switch" (?) - he said it's very sensitive to wind, movement, etc. He told DH where it was located and sure enough, a couple of taps with the wrench and the blower kicked on again. It went out a few more times during our trip, but it was an easy "tap tap" and all worked fine. I couldn't tell you where that switch is, but if anyone asks will get the answer for you.

The other hanging chad is our fresh water tank. It's deformed and has been from the beginning. It bows under the trailer, much like the others have mentioned here. We haven't used it since we bought it. Story goes like this - back in May, we had a conversation with Rod Batts (our last one, haven't heard from him since) and he said, no problem, have La Mesa document the water tank problem, send us the info, and we'll get another tank shipped. That was May. La Mesa has been unsuccessfully in acquiring the tank. Evergreen said they were going to ship 5 from the manufacturer (as others have had the same problem) but no shipment day to date. Last we talked to La Mesa was their Regional Mgr. was going to some meeting at Evergreen (this week or next?) and these tanks were on the list for discussion.

That's our story - it was a nice trip this week, didn't have to stress over "will it work" issues, and felt like I could relax some.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #326

We are running out of time to winterize the RV and still can't find any information on winterizing the dishwasher. The manual is too vague and we even called the manufacture of the dishwasher and did not get anywhere (Dehco brand). The dealership won't tell us either due to liability. :-(

This is our first RV with a dishwasher and we are pretty much lost on the subject. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:41 PM   #327

Damon Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
Cyndy,
I don't know for sure, but I will look at my 340RK dishwasher this evening when I get home and see if I can shed some light on your question. I'm curious, too, even though we don't ever really winterize down here.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #328

Thor Owners Club
Just a thought....after you have run anti freeze in your line......turn on you pump and turn your dishwasher on for a minute ...... once you see the anti freeze spilling into the wash area....stop the dishwasher...or just leave the door slightly ajar.....Now you have AF in the dishwasher pump and the line to the pump ...... I would leave the dishwasher door slightly ajar for the same reason I leave my fridge door slightly open when its off...odors......I hope that helps....Its what makes the most sense to me.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #329

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedsun View Post
We are running out of time to winterize the RV and still can't find any information on winterizing the dishwasher. The manual is too vague and we even called the manufacture of the dishwasher and did not get anywhere (Dehco brand). The dealership won't tell us either due to liability. :-(

This is our first RV with a dishwasher and we are pretty much lost on the subject. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Cyndy, you might get some more answers if you post your question in the General Discussion Forum. Most of the folks with the Diesel Pushers have a dishwasher.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #330

Thanks. Will do!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #331

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
I CANT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT ALSO. HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY BAYHILL 340RK PLEASE SEND IT TO MY EMAIL bobbyhowell6203yahoo.com
Old 09-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #332

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptakerken View Post
Chris & Judy,

May I also request the link to the Propane Diagram.

triptakerken@yahoo.com

Ken
May I also request the link to the Propane Diagram. having the same problem on my bayhill 340rk bobbyhowell6203@yahoo.com
Old 09-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #333

Evergreen Bay Hill ?

Chris & Judy,
May I please request your diagram of the propane tanks also, as we have the same problem.
Thanks in advance,
joatay@entouch.net
JoAnn
Old 09-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #334

Quote:
So far two of you have said they can't open up the propane diagram I posted.

PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it along.

Chris and Judy

Chris &. Judy,
I posted earlier but not sure in the correct place, I am new at posting. May I please request the propane diagram as we have the same problem.

Thanks in advance,
JoAnn Taylor
joatay@entouch.net
Old 09-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #335

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbandErin View Post
Took a nice week long trip up to Gunnison, CO. This was to be our "is it all finally working correctly?" trip. To our amazement, and even though our Bay Hill 320RS is basically rebuilt, all (ok NOT everything) worked great. We're still having trouble with the tankless water heater, and on morning #2, when I went to shower - ARRRGGH! no hot water (again). I fussed very loudly at my DH and insisted he call La Mesa and find out what the heck is going on, since they last said, "it's fixed". We got the tech who repaired it on the phone, and he explained that likely the issue was the "sail switch" (?) - he said it's very sensitive to wind, movement, etc. He told DH where it was located and sure enough, a couple of taps with the wrench and the blower kicked on again. It went out a few more times during our trip, but it was an easy "tap tap" and all worked fine. I couldn't tell you where that switch is, but if anyone asks will get the answer for you.

The other hanging chad is our fresh water tank. It's deformed and has been from the beginning. It bows under the trailer, much like the others have mentioned here. We haven't used it since we bought it. Story goes like this - back in May, we had a conversation with Rod Batts (our last one, haven't heard from him since) and he said, no problem, have La Mesa document the water tank problem, send us the info, and we'll get another tank shipped. That was May. La Mesa has been unsuccessfully in acquiring the tank. Evergreen said they were going to ship 5 from the manufacturer (as others have had the same problem) but no shipment day to date. Last we talked to La Mesa was their Regional Mgr. was going to some meeting at Evergreen (this week or next?) and these tanks were on the list for discussion.

That's our story - it was a nice trip this week, didn't have to stress over "will it work" issues, and felt like I could relax some.

Been following your troubles on here for some time and really happy to hear you guys had a nice trip in your coach finally! As with so many, the beginning horror stories seem non-stop, but now that you "literally" have a new RV, I hope you get many, many wonderful trips out of it! Keep us posted!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #336

Thanks so much to Chris, Judy & Paul for making sure we got the propane diagram. We really appreciate your kindness as we have the same problem and this confirmed what my husband thought about routing of the tanks. This is a great forum and so helpful. We appreciate all the information from this forum and just moved from a Class A DP to our first 5th wheel so we are trying to absorb all the knowledge we can. We actually just bought a 2014 Alfa Gold 3010 & love it already. I can't seem to find anyone else that has one of the new ones, but I found it is built on the same line as the Bayhill so we are drawing on your experiences and your expertise.

Thanks again,
Bruce & JoAnn Taylor

Tags
evergreen