Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #337

Evergreen Owners Club
Finally Picked It Up

We placed the order for the 2015 340RK beginning of July. We picked it up last Friday. I had made a list of what they need to look for on their inspection before we got there for our PDI. The guy that did the PDI with us said we will be happier that we didn't go with the tankless hot water heater. I am happy with it. We haven't made any trips yet. We picked it up and brought it to the RV park we stay at when in Houston. We leave for Odessa for a couple weeks next weekend. A portion of the underbelly covering has come down. We don't have time to take back to the dealer for something so minor, hubby is going to fix it this weekend and probably better than what they would. We went with the gray body as it matches our truck. Praying everything stays together and continues to work after we get it on the road.

RVn Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #338

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVn Texan View Post
We placed the order for the 2015 340RK beginning of July. We picked it up last Friday. I had made a list of what they need to look for on their inspection before we got there for our PDI. The guy that did the PDI with us said we will be happier that we didn't go with the tankless hot water heater. I am happy with it. We haven't made any trips yet. We picked it up and brought it to the RV park we stay at when in Houston. We leave for Odessa for a couple weeks next weekend. A portion of the underbelly covering has come down. We don't have time to take back to the dealer for something so minor, hubby is going to fix it this weekend and probably better than what they would. We went with the gray body as it matches our truck. Praying everything stays together and continues to work after we get it on the road.
Trudi and Dan,
Best of luck with the new 5er. Hope you have years of safe and happy travels.

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #339

Damon Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
Congrats, Trudi and Dan on the new 340RK.
Hope you like it as much as we do ours. Who did your PDI, James, Israel or someone else? Evergreen doesn't do the best job of securing the underbelly material. I've had to add to mine. Good luck on the first trip out. Safe travels!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #340

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSPKS View Post
Who did your PDI, James, Israel or someone else? Evergreen doesn't do the best job of securing the underbelly material.
Hi Paul and Pam - James did our PDI. We were very pleased with him. He was knowledgeable and thorough. So far we love it. We had a current bracket next to the theater seats snap. Going to call parts to see if I can get a couple ordered.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #341

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5er View Post
Trudi and Dan,
Best of luck with the new 5er. Hope you have years of safe and happy travels.
Thank you!
Old 10-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #342

We have intermittent cold and warm water from the Attwood tankless water heater. Thought we got this fixed but here we go again. Called dealer for warranty repair they called Evergreen and got voice-mail, its now 2 days later and dealer says Evergreen has not returned their call. They "will keep trying to contact them". Meantime I re-read Attwoods info sheet and went thru the troubleshooting items with no improvement in hot water temp. A friend suggested to remove the water pressure regulator and see if it improved it, and within few minutes we had hot water. It seemed the pressure at the park was less than 45lbs. So now I'm going to buy an adjustable pressure regulator. I hope this will help those with similar problems. If anyone can find a schematic of the tankless water heater by Attwood, please post it
Old 10-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #343

Quote:
KenInCA, If I may ask, how much water do you normally put into the fresh water tank? Does your 320RS have an overflow tube? We also just had our fresh water tank replaced along with extra straps.

Keith
Hello Keith,

Did Reliable do the work for you? I am about to have our tank replaced on 13 Oct along with the whole underbelly since it got all stretched out by the tank. I am hoping they will add additional and/or better straps especially to the middle since that is where the problem is worst.

John
JCGibson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #344

Quote:
Ken,
Hope you have good luck and safe travels to BC.
We are in the planning stages for an Alaska trip in 2015. Guess that will be the real test. It is very helpful sharing information on this thread.
Keith,

If you need any additional information on Alaska, we were stationed there from 2001 to 2009 while I was in the Air Force at Anchorage. There are so many wonderful places to see, I hope you have a lot of time to spend while there.

John
JCGibson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #345

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGibson View Post
Hello Keith,

Did Reliable do the work for you? I am about to have our tank replaced on 13 Oct along with the whole underbelly since it got all stretched out by the tank. I am hoping they will add additional and/or better straps especially to the middle since that is where the problem is worst.

John
Hi John,
Yes, Reliable replaced the tank and added extra straps. Or, at least they said they put in extra straps. It was all buttoned up when we got there to pick it up. Make sure they understand about adding extra straps! Earlier this year Reliable was going through service writers and techs faster than you could shake a stick. Absolutely no communication between the writer and techs. Hopefully, now they have their act together. After being told by Evergreen that there is NO overflow in the tank design, I never fill the tank more than 2/3 full. So far, so good.
Please let us know how it goes and if you are satisfied with the work. I need to take mine back for a few minor repairs before the warranty expires.

P.S. Thank you for the Alaska offer! So much to see but we are in no hurry.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #346

Evergreen Owners Club
Nitrogen Filled Tires

If your Bay Hill says your tires are nitrogen filled, double check. Ours weren't. We ran into a gentleman at an RV park we are at right now. He saw the green stems and mentioned about the nitrogen. Hubby asked him about pros and cons of nitrogen and decided he wanted to have the truck tires filled with hit. He brought his portable tank and stuff home with him. Checked the tires and only the spare had nitrogen. Ugh. Getting them all filled now.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #347

Bayhill slides

Anyone experiencing a problem with the slides closing or when closed being flush to the body of the unit? We have a 365RL.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #348

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag2014 View Post
Anyone experiencing a problem with the slides closing or when closed being flush to the body of the unit? We have a 365RL.
Welcome to the forum!!
Yes, all except the bedroom slide have a "gap" near the bottom of the slides. Mine stick out about and inch between the body and the slide. Near the top they are flush with the side walls. Both the factory and 2 dealers have told me this is normal, and that the slides are sealed up tight. To me it looks bad, but at 60 MPH not too many people even notice.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #349

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag2014 View Post
We have a 2015 340RK and they stick out, except for the bedroom. They are completely sealed though. Before we did our PDI, I read this forum and saw comments about the slide bottoms at the fender skirt sticks out.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:50 PM   #350

Evergreen Owners Club
FINALLY picked up our new Bay Hill 385BH last Thursday. PDI went smooth, just a few tiny issues, most fixed on the spot. Hitched up to drag it out to west Texas to work, man what a smooth pulling coach! Everything seems to be excellent so far except I woke up with no hot water the first day. I got to looking around and when United swapped my 10gal water heater for the 12gal., they forgot to close the bypass line behind the heater tank, lol, easy fix with no frustration. I can most certainly say with a little decorations (pics of family, kids, ect.) this coach is SOOOOOO nice and comfortable! I love the Goosebox hitch, 6 point level-up, and the automatic sat dish on the roof, they made setup so darn fast, I was sitting watching tv in record time! Fit and finish on this coach is top notch also.....I have been very impressed with how its put together. Well hopefully this is a sign of good rv'ing to come from this coach!

Chad

Tags
evergreen