Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #351

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVn Texan View Post
We have a 2015 340RK and they stick out, except for the bedroom. They are completely sealed though. Before we did our PDI, I read this forum and saw comments about the slide bottoms at the fender skirt sticks out.

Yup, mine stick out too. Thought it looked funny, but after talking to Kevin at United RV and looking more closely, I understand its just the way its designed and perfectly normal. Just like Keith said, going down the road its not that noticeable, not even in pictures either.

Chad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #352

Evergreen Owners Club
Hey Chad...

Very nice looking rig! I'm sure all of us are envious. You were on top of the assembly process of your Bay Hill from the get-go and got it put together just the way you wanted. Hopefully you'll get many years of good service out of the rig.

Ken

KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #353

Evergreen Owners Club
Hey there Chad...

SWEET looking rig!!!! (Now if you just had a Chevy pulling it) LOL
Hope you have many years of good times in it!!
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #354

Evergreen Owners Club
Hey Chad Glad all went well with the coach, we have the same rig and with a fe of the personal touches it is home.
We changed the sofa and table which made a huge difference.
I also put quick connects on all of the water hookups mad life easier or maybe I am just lazy and don't want to spend a lot of time hooking up and unhooking hoses lol.
We hope to be in Texas again sometime early next year.
Hope you enjoy your new coach as much as we have.
Rich
Old 10-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #355

Picking up our 295RL tomorrow after having a new fresh tank and underbelly installed, and a few other warranty items repaired to include the tankless water heater hot/cold shower problem. This will be our fourth time for repairs since purchase in March 2014 and hopefully will be the last for a while especially for the water heater. I took a printout of some of the fixes from this forum. I was told it is working now so we will see when I get it home.

Not much camping weather left before the warranty expires so hope can get at least a couple more times with it before then. If we can't actually get it out a couple of times will probably just hookup at the house since we have water and 50AMP electric and just try it all out there.

John
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #356

Evergreen Owners Club
Thanks everyone. Well I'm a little over a week into staying in it and so far, not any issues. I've added a few touches of course and a cabinet in the bathroom above the toilet for extra storage (Home Depot sells them pre-made and darn close to the color of the coaches wood.....coool). I love the two 15K a/c's on thermostats, they cycle on and off and are so quiet!! Coach stays perfect temperature. The only thing I dont like so far is the cheeeeesy speakers they put in these suckers. Horrible!! lol, oh well, ya cant have everything! Good luck with your coach John, hopefully you'll get a good test trip in before the season is gone and everything works great for ya!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #357

Evergreen Owners Club
TexasCowboy - interested in your behind the toilet shelving you installed? You said Home Depot (can you post a pix?) and then how did you hang as we all know the walls are VERY thin back there? This is our first 5'er and we've not ventured into the DIY type of installations yet. Any thoughts/hints are welcome - thank you! Erin
Old 10-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #358

Evergreen Owners Club
Update on our 320RS warranty woes....

Our 320RS is in the shop finally getting the new fresh water tank installed (it's been ordered since May). La Mesa (ABQ) called yesterday and said "she's in and it looks great" -- they must be as excited as we are just to tie up this one last loose warranty end! They said it's tightly strapped in, with extra straps, sealed up and pleased with the end result. Woop!

Next subject is the Girard WH. You can read our previous woes we've had in past posts. Girard apparently told La Mesa that fixing it wouldn't work and they're sending them a whole brand new unit to install. We don't have the details yet on what exactly went wrong with it (we'll know more when we pick the unit up), but La Mesa expressed they were impressed with Girard and they're willingness to try and figure out what exactly went wrong with our WH and finally just said, "give 'em a new one".

You all have witnessed my high stress/anxiety with the problems we've had with our 5'er and darn it if we didn't LOVE our Bay Hill so much, we'd have left her stranded somewhere, but we do like her and we want her to work. So we're sticking with it, and it seems like we're finally getting the bugs worked out.

We took our last trip this fall in Sept. up to Gunnison, CO knowing after that trip we'd head for La Mesa for the warranty work, winterize and then tuck it in for the winter. Looking forward to next spring when we can out again. Erin
Old 10-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascowboy View Post
Thanks for the excellent checklist folks. Yeah, I have been reading about all these issues on this thread. I cant believe the slides are having so many issues, but I guess if Bay Hill and the dealers dont know enough about them yet to install correctly and advise proper care and usage it is a bit understandable. I am used to looking for the extra galley valve under the trailer because my Keystone Everest has the same stupid design......valve is under the main slide by itself. I am taking a sat receiver with me to the PDI because I am having a Winegard Trav'ler installed and the trailer re-wired to my specs, which United had no problem with, just had to go over what I wanted in detail with the tech. He is running new wires to the wall in the front compartment so I can build my distribution how I need it at any time, plus an extra coax from the entertainment center to the exterior rear cap for my cell booster's outside antenna. I know when I looked at it before it went in the shop, the bottom half of two slides was hanging off!! Lol. I said "what the hell??" The owner was there with me and just laughed, he said alot of new trailers have that issue from all his manufacturers, Bay Hill, Forest River, ect. He said thats ok, when we fix them, they are installed better than what the factory can do anyway, and when I went in last time, he was right.....they were fixed and looked great all the way around. Guess the dealers have alot on their plate with RV manufactures' b.s. these days. Its such a shame when you pay the kind of money this Bay Hill is costing me, but even with a few issues, Im hoping it is better than my aging Everest. I am curious what you mean by checking the shades Ken.....never messed with them in my "E". And I wont know what to do with myself having this "auto level" system!

Texascowboy
I can't thank everyone enough on this forum as we have learned so much & it has really helped us out. I have been reading all about the slide out problems and wondering what you mean by the bottom half of your two slides hanging off. Our deep slide sticks out on each side at the bottom about 11/2" and the slide isn't centered in the opening. One side of the slide is closer to the edge than the other. I am assuming it is a rack & pinion above floor by Lippert. It also makes a ratcheting noise at the end of opening & closing which we were told was the clutch and was normal sound to stop the unit, I hope that is true. My husband wants to adjust the vertical end of the slide to make it centered, makes me a little nervous since it works fine. At our PDI we were told it was fine and had an extra seal to keep out water. Thanks to this forum my husband shored up our water tank & re routed the propane tanks as they were connected wrong and our alarm was going off like crazy. This forum is a literally a lifesaver!!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #360

Got our 295RL back today from the dealer with warranty fixes. Well it isn't perfect, but it at least has a new tank/straps and underbelly along with the few other minor things that needed replacing. When they did the install they kinked the water line to the water pump so when I turned that on to test out the water flow, it was like the whole coach was vibrating. Luckily, it was easily accessed through the basement and was able to unkink the line which was next to the pump itself. Now no problems with that (even though there wasn't a problem prior to taking to the dealer). They were supposed to work on the tankless hot water heater and fix the propane PSI as per all the fixes in this thread. However, it didn't work for our shower. Still fluctuates hot/cold like it did before. All the other hot water faucets don't have this problem. Any other suggestions as I have tried them all I think and the dealer is clueless.
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #361

Why is there so many people having trouble with fresh water tank ? Have not used mine yet this week
Old 10-21-2014, 11:35 PM   #362

Evergreen Owners Club
Hi Erin...Great that you've got those water tank issues finally resolved. Maybe you can finally put the trusty hammer away! Like you, of course, we've been ready to leave our Bay Hill alongside the roadway on several occasions. Once your Girard water heater has been pulled, perhaps either Girard or LaMesa can give you a clear explanation of what the ongoing problems were.

My wife and I had a tentative plan to travel to British Columbia but the darn baseball playoffs and now the World Series have precluded that trip.

Best of luck...Ken
Old 10-21-2014, 11:43 PM   #363

Evergreen Owners Club
Tdmeme...The problem with water tanks on the Bay Hill trailers stems from three prevalent issues: (1) substandard angle iron framing that allows the tank to shift or slide around, sometimes leading to the tank simply falling out of the trailer or the tank becoming deformed; (2) safety straps that were improperly installed or simply left out in the construction process; and (3) poor quality control on Evergreen's part, which, of course, extends past water tanks and into other areas of the trailer assembly process.

Ken
Old 10-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #364

Evergreen Owners Club
Warranty work next weekend

After being in Odessa, TX and blowing dust for 2 weeks, it got a bath. When we got back to Houston and hubby flew to North Dakota for a week, I had someone come in and wash it. I asked him while he is on the roof to take a look at it for us. We've had just over a month and never thought to go up and check it. It's missing the vent cap...not a major problem. The major problem is the rubber (or whatever it is) is loose near the front right corner by the cap. Not causing a problem now but will down the road. Now that it is clean...really wasn't when we picked it up, there are big dull blotches....one behind the ladder and 2 on the compartment door on the entry side. Below are pictures of few more issues. There is no reason for the fender skirting to rubbed off. We haven't propped anything against it. The rear grey tank valve is stuck open. Hubby was going to fix it but since it is going in for work, might as well have them take care of it.

It goes next weekend for a couple of days. Problem is, it's our home. We now have to pay to rent a hotel and stay in with our dogs.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is the day we picked her up.
[IMG][/IMG]

RVn Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen