Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #379

Evergreen Owners Club
location of 3-hole restrictor

Good information. Was the 3-hole flow limiter in the shower head itself?

Ken

KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #380

Just joined the Bay Hill forum and found this a fascinating way to learn about my new RV.
In September we bought a 2015 Bay Hill 365RL, a fantastic fifth wheel. We love it and were disappointed when winter came here and we had to store our unit.
I went through quite a few pages on comments on new Bay Hills, and I'm thinking that Evergreen may have solved quite a few problems that were mentioned there in the 2015 model. The only real problems I have had with ours is with a Dometic 310 toilet that could not maintain the seal, and a leaking propane regulator, both of which my dealer replaced without charge. It also came lacking 6 of the 8 interior battens on the slide outs, which Bay Hill has now forwarded (took quite a while). Sounds like I lucked out and found a great dealer who has bent over backwards to ensure I'm happy with our unit.
I also experienced some issues with the hot water heater, which I think are now resolved (partly through experience). I'll be trying some of the tips I noticed in the forum to fully resolve them.
The awning can be adjusted to lower one corner or the other so that water runs off. The adjustment lies in the awning arm itself.
My satellite hookup works just fine, although it took some trial and error to discover which hookup was which. I had no problems with the water connections for the washer/dryer prep. No leaks in the plumbing so far.
I noticed there were a few comments about issues with the automatic leveling system, which worked well the first time we leveled the trailer. However, we have to store our fifth wheel over the winter and one of the salesmen suggested we raise the rear jacks to protect the seals, etc. I did so but in the course of doing that the side to side leveling went out of whack and I was not able to get it back by using manual adjustments on just the front jacks. I finally concluded that the unit couldn't be leveled side to side without using the rear jacks and decided to leave it slightly off level until the spring.
I would be interested in comments from the folks who had leveling issues describing the issues and how they dealt with them. My plan is to drop the rear jacks in the spring manually and then use the auto level button to get the side to side leveling done. Does that sound reasonable?

Old 12-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #381

Evergreen Owners Club
Welcome to the Evergreen/Bay Hill Forum!

You've already discovered the key component to having a good RVing experience, namely a dealer who is reliable and can diagnose and repair issues with your trailer as they occur. And inevitably issues will occur!

When my wife and I first bought our 2013 Bay Hill 320RS, the leveling jacks deserted us in the Sonoran desert. We could manually raise and lower individual jacks, but the auto-leveling feature simply would not function correctly. I returned the Bay Hill to the RV dealership and they reluctantly diagnosed the problem as bad forward seals and a logic board that was not working properly. The replacement logic board took several weeks to obtain from Lippert. After that repair and a replacement water tank (one of three), the leveling system has worked well. The selling dealership, Best RV in Turlock, California, then washed its hands of Evergreen and me, refusing to provide any warranty service after 6 months of ownership.

Your plan to plan to drop the rear jacks seems a bit unnecessary. When the leveling system is working well, if you choose to level for a prolonged period of time, then you can let the leveling system do its job. I simply use my front jacks and leave the other jacks in the up position. Fortunately where I store my trailer is very level to start with. Other than the initial issue with the leveling system, the Lippert system has performed flawlessly.

Also, if you haven't done so, I would strongly encourage you to make sure Evergreen has provided sufficient support for your fresh water tank. If you've read through this forum, several people have commented on water tanks that have deformed or simply fallen out of their trailers because safety straps were not properly secured or, in my case, the tank frame was too thin to support the even a partially filled tank.

Enjoy your RV because enjoyment is what RVing is all about.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenInCA View Post
Good information. Was the 3-hole flow limiter in the shower head itself?

Ken
Yes Ken it was!
Old 12-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #383

Evergreen Owners Club
Welcome aboard Radsyl !!!! Where abouts do you live and your fantastic dealer?
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:36 AM   #384

Thanx for the note. I also wonder if lowering the rear jacks is necessary, but I worry about support at the front if the autolevel isn't working properly. I guess I'll try to autolevel first.
Haven't had a chance yet to check out the safety straps for the fresh water tank. (Not sure how to do that.) Not critical for us in the short term because our Bay Hill is permanently parked at a RV resort, where fresh water hookup is always available. We'll probably never fill the fresh water tank.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:46 AM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5er View Post
Welcome aboard Radsyl !!!! Where abouts do you live and your fantastic dealer?
We live in Alberta, Canada. Our dealer (Carefree Coach and RV) is in Edmonton. We've had a bunch of RV's over 35 years of "RVing", and a I have varying opinions on the dealers I've dealt with. This is the best one I've found in 35 years.
Because our RV is permanently parked in an RV resort, I don't have a truck any more to pull it into the dealer for repairs. (And it used to annoy me to have to pull an RV into the dealer and waste good camping weather/time waiting for the dealer to get around to fixing it.) So I've been doing my own "warranty fixing" with parts and advice supplied by the dealer.
That approach has been working so far and probably will until I find a problem that I just don't have the expertise or resources to tackle. Because the Bay Hill is so well built and quality control seems good, I'm hoping that will never happen.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #386

Evergreen Owners Club
"The only real problems I have had with ours is with a Dometic 310 toilet that could not maintain the seal, and a leaking propane regulator, both of which my dealer replaced without charge."

Radsyl, If that regulator was the one on the door side, next to the single tank, you may want to check the routing of the propane hoses to the main regulator. Seems the factory plumbed some of the units wrong (mine included) and makes the regulator leak. Had mine replaced twice before I read about the problem and fixed it myself. You might just check to see if the hoses are routed correctly. The hose from the single tank regulator needs to go into the main regulator inlet that is facing to the front of the storage bay. The hoses from the dual tanks need to go into the tee at the inlet facing the rear.

Keith
Old 12-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #387

Evergreen Owners Club
AutoLevel

Radsly.

We have a 2014 295RL that has 4 leveling jacks. Our auto level works great. The only problem we have had is not with the auto level is is with the spot that we have parked the RV in. After the auto level is done with it's girations and the RV is level one side or the other wheels can be off the ground.
I don't believe that's a good thing and I do like to use a type of wheel lock that keeps the RV from rocking front to rear.
I switch to manual mode and raise the offending side more so I can get blocks under the wheels. I then lower that side till level and the tires are in full contact with the blocks.
Although I believe you have 6 jacks, I think you should be able to do the same??? That will get your RV closer to level when storing.
Good luck with your Bay Hill and welcome to the forum.

Chris and Judy
Old 12-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5er View Post
"The only real problems I have had with ours is with a Dometic 310 toilet that could not maintain the seal, and a leaking propane regulator, both of which my dealer replaced without charge."

Radsyl, If that regulator was the one on the door side, next to the single tank, you may want to check the routing of the propane hoses to the main regulator. Seems the factory plumbed some of the units wrong (mine included) and makes the regulator leak. Had mine replaced twice before I read about the problem and fixed it myself. You might just check to see if the hoses are routed correctly. The hose from the single tank regulator needs to go into the main regulator inlet that is facing to the front of the storage bay. The hoses from the dual tanks need to go into the tee at the inlet facing the rear.

Keith
Thanx. I'll check it out in the spring. (Probably about 3 feet of snow there now.)
Old 12-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracers31 View Post
Radsly.

We have a 2014 295RL that has 4 leveling jacks. Our auto level works great. The only problem we have had is not with the auto level is is with the spot that we have parked the RV in. After the auto level is done with it's girations and the RV is level one side or the other wheels can be off the ground.
I don't believe that's a good thing and I do like to use a type of wheel lock that keeps the RV from rocking front to rear.
I switch to manual mode and raise the offending side more so I can get blocks under the wheels. I then lower that side till level and the tires are in full contact with the blocks.
Although I believe you have 6 jacks, I think you should be able to do the same??? That will get your RV closer to level when storing.
Good luck with your Bay Hill and welcome to the forum.

Chris and Judy
Good suggestion. Because it leveled perfectly once, I'm hopeful I won't have to do it that way but...
Old 12-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #390

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey guys, I have a new problem. We used the pull out couch in the living room for the first time on our bh385. It is a curved couch with the dinette on one end and the other end stores the pull out couch. The pull out actually flips out and an air bed is placed on top. However on my model, there is a canyon where the couch flips out making the air bed dip where you place your head. I've looked for anything that will raise that end of the couch to even the air bed, but come up empty. Nobody will sleep on it because they fear all their blood rushing to their head. If anyone has any ideas, I'm sure all ears.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 12-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #391

Evergreen Owners Club
sleep problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Hey guys, I have a new problem. We used the pull out couch in the living room for the first time on our bh385. It is a curved couch with the dinette on one end and the other end stores the pull out couch. The pull out actually flips out and an air bed is placed on top. However on my model, there is a canyon where the couch flips out making the air bed dip where you place your head. I've looked for anything that will raise that end of the couch to even the air bed, but come up empty. Nobody will sleep on it because they fear all their blood rushing to their head. If anyone has any ideas, I'm sure all ears.
Thanks,
Bob
Not trying to be funny here. Try sleeping with your feet where your head would go.
Or fold a blanket and place under the air bed at the head or under the fitted sheet. Enough to raise your head to level. Good luck

Chris and Judy
Old 12-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #392

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Thanks,
Bob
Bob, can you post a picture of the problem sofa/bed?

Tags
evergreen