Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2015, 02:03 AM   #407

Evergreen Owners Club
Yes I found a great PDI on a website called changing gears. We have finally made all the purchases and everything is waiting for us to pick it up in February. We are pretty excited to get on to a new way of life.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #408

Shawn, I've read several of the posts and several comments on the fridges. If your unit doesn't already have a "residential" fridge...almost any dealer can put one in for you. All the they have to do is change the inverter. You can get a fridge with the bottom freezer and side by side doors w/icemaker. As a matter of fact, Bay Hill will be installing residential fridges in newer 2015 and 2016 models. Other manufacturers are also going to the residential fridges. You'll be happy with the Bay Hill...yes there are problems with almost every RV (including DRV's, and Continental Coach)but Evergreen does build a quality product. There will always be issues with some that the QC at the plant didn't catch. Be sure and live in it for a couple of days at your dealers location and go through every system so your dealer can fix any problems the factory didn't catch...BEFORE you pull off their lot.
Good luck soldier/seaman/airman...I have a Navy son stationed in Hawaii

Old 01-29-2015, 01:35 AM   #409

Bay Hill 5th Wheel site

I just purchased a Bay Hill 320RS 5th Wheel...and not finding a dedicated forum/site, I decided to create one.

www.bayhillowners.net

If you are a Bay Hill owner or considering purchasing one...please join our on line community.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #410

Evergreen Owners Club
Hey guys,
Havent been around in a while and thought Id stop in and catch up. First off, congrats Shawn on finally getting your new coach! Hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed ours! As far as the LED lights in the bathroom PMSPKS, they are wired into the ceiling light circuit at the the ceiling light. They are controlled by the light switch thats already there. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Carrbucks, thanks a million for the new community, cant wait to join (sure hope I make the cut, lol) Hope everyone is doing great and having a wonderful winter........summers a coming!!

Chad
Old 01-30-2015, 06:38 AM   #411

I have been unable to register on the Bay Hill site. I will keep trying. FYI there is a Bay Hill site on this forum, Evergreen Bay Hill ? check it out there are a number of entries there.
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:58 AM   #412

bayowners.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
I have been unable to register on the Bay Hill site. I will keep trying. FYI there is a Bay Hill site on this forum, Evergreen Bay Hill ? check it out there are a number of entries there.
mmasters...what type of problem are you having registering on the Bay Hill Owners site?

I am the moderator, and haven't seen any problems with the registration process... let me know at admin@bayhillowners.net

Thanks,

Glenn
Old 01-31-2015, 06:08 AM   #413

Did you remove the shower head handle and remove the water saver! It worked for me and actually in the instructions it tells you to do so, took me a year to figure that out!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:39 AM   #414

Login

Tried again this morning. When I select submit nothing happens, all fields are green. Please advise.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbucks View Post
mmasters...what type of problem are you having registering on the Bay Hill Owners site?

I am the moderator, and haven't seen any problems with the registration process... let me know at admin@bayhillowners.net

Thanks,

Glenn
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #415

Atwood water heater

Hello. I am new to this forum as I'm looking for a possible solution to my Atwood on demand water heater issue. I have read thru this entire forum and no one else seems to have the same problem with their heater. Ours has no problem heating the water, but when the taps are shut off, the burner keeps running, overheating the heater and causing it to blow the pressure relief valve. I have tried turning down the temp on the heater but that just makes the incoming water cooler and even harder to mix in the right amount of cold. We start out with full hot then add cold to adjust. It has even blown sometimes when just the cold is turned on....The restrictors are still in all the taps so will have to remove those when the frozen north warms up in the spring.
The dealer we purchased the unit from has been really good until we mention the water heater and now they say they can't reach anyone at Evergreen. I have an email in to Atwood so will see if anyone will speak to me that way.
I absolutely love the unit (hubby says its not as nice as the Big Sky we traded in)but not having a reliable hot water source is a major downer. Hoping if I can't get satisfactory repair that I can at least get someone to cough up the cash to swap out to a electric/propane old fashioned 12 gal DSI...anyone know if one will fit in the 340RK?? I think we paid enough for the unit I shouldn't have to put out any more $$ to replace something new...
Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #416

Evergreen Owners Club
340RK,
Welcome to the iRV2 forum.
I don't have the 340rk, but I would certainly think that there is room for a standard water heater.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:54 PM   #417

Evergreen Owners Club
We have the Girard tankless in our 385BH, the propane regulator pressure needs to be set at 11 anything less or more and it doesn't work well. I would guess the Atwood would be the same. I told Evergreen about the issue they were not aware of it.
Hope this helps
Old 02-03-2015, 05:44 PM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnAna View Post
We have the Girard tankless in our 385BH, the propane regulator pressure needs to be set at 11 anything less or more and it doesn't work well. I would guess the Atwood would be the same. I told Evergreen about the issue they were not aware of it.
Hope this helps
How does one go about setting the propane regulator to 11?
Old 02-04-2015, 10:57 AM   #419

Evergreen Owners Club
First you need to make sure you have an adjustable regulator it should be standard on the BayHill, connect a manometer to the propane in line by the water heater, run the hot water and make your adjustments on the regulated to 11 minimum.
Once this was done I have not had any issues with the hot/cold fluctuation.
I am not sure if you would have to reset it if you go to higher altitudes, my guess is if the problem occurs at higher altitudes recheck the pressure.
You can purchase a manometer from most anywhere or online. Or have a knowledgeable service tech do it for you.
I contacted BayHill and they were not aware of this fix and La Mesa RV do not have a clue on most repairs they argued with me about what make water heater I had, I had to show them on a coach on their lot what I had and their only comment was "oh, we don't know anything about these water heaters." Pretty scary. I don't let them touch my coach ever.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #420

Evergreen Owners Club
Not at 2:30 in the morning...

My wife and I were pleasantly camped at Flying Flags RV in Buellton, California, an absolutely beautiful and well maintained facility. Life was indeed good. The weather for early February was positively balmy. But at 2:30 AM the early morning's serenity took a turn to the dark side. The Gas Alert alarm system began it's mournful howl. Those of you who had the inverted propane lines probably know the sound I'm talking about.

I jumped up and began opening the Bay Hill's windows and entry door to allow fresh air to enter. Hmmm...no apparent gas was leaking from the stove inside the RV. Going outside, I opened the front hatch door and the two access doors near the propane tanks. I could definitely smell something afoul. I immediately closed the propane tank valves, and the smell dissipated very quickly with the doors open. The camper next to us in an Everlite travel trailer (the only other Evergreen product I've seen in a campground) also could detect the "smell of something."

The "something" turned out to be gas venting from aging batteries, batteries in a trailer that was just a nudge over two years old. The battery leakage issue cannot really be laid on Evergreen's doorstep since RVs are usually shipped without batteries, rather at the egregious dealership reputed to place low quality or used batteries from trade-ins into its newly sold recreation vehicles.

In this case, my wife and I were glad the gas detection system worked well! We're headed out to Arizona for some spring training baseball in two weeks and can do so with a greater peace of mind.

Ken & Lucy

KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen