Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #421

Evergreen Owners Club
Ken & Lucy, glad everything worked out and it was not propane. Have a safe trip to Arizona!!!

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340RK View Post
Hello. I am new to this forum as I'm looking for a possible solution to my Atwood on demand water heater issue. I have read thru this entire forum and no one else seems to have the same problem with their heater. Ours has no problem heating the water, but when the taps are shut off, the burner keeps running, overheating the heater and causing it to blow the pressure relief valve. I have tried turning down the temp on the heater but that just makes the incoming water cooler and even harder to mix in the right amount of cold. We start out with full hot then add cold to adjust. It has even blown sometimes when just the cold is turned on....The restrictors are still in all the taps so will have to remove those when the frozen north warms up in the spring.
The dealer we purchased the unit from has been really good until we mention the water heater and now they say they can't reach anyone at Evergreen. I have an email in to Atwood so will see if anyone will speak to me that way.
I absolutely love the unit (hubby says its not as nice as the Big Sky we traded in)but not having a reliable hot water source is a major downer. Hoping if I can't get satisfactory repair that I can at least get someone to cough up the cash to swap out to a electric/propane old fashioned 12 gal DSI...anyone know if one will fit in the 340RK?? I think we paid enough for the unit I shouldn't have to put out any more $$ to replace something new...
So we finally heard from the dealer. He was told by Evergreen to just remove the water restrictors in all the lines and that would solve the problem. However we were just at the big RV show in the city last weekend and came across a very knowledgeable young RV tech and he mentioned he is very familiar with the tankless water heater issue. His recommendation is a pressure regulator in the water line since we usually are not hooked up to a water source. In his experience, the fluctuating water supply from the pump wreaks havoc with the tankless systems.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:50 AM   #423

Evergreen Owners Club
Thanks Keith. Love Arizona this time of the year. I tried going in early June last year but my Bay Hill's single air conditioner couldn't even come close to keeping the 5th wheel tolerable when the temperature got above 100 degrees. Live and learn!

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #424

Sorry you have just the 1 A/C unit...you're right live and learn. I would never buy another unit without at least 2 A/C units. They only cost an additional $550-$700. We're looking at a larger unit now with 3 units...no need to suffer...lol
Old 02-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #425

Has anyone out there experienced "water hammer" with their Dometic 310 toilet in the Bay Hill. We started experiencing a very loud, forceful water hammer after we replaced a previous Dometic 310 (wouldn't hold water), and I know we have to do something about it before it causes some damage. Will replacing the vacuum breaker fix it? Do I have to install a water hammer arrestor? Any other suggestions?

Radsyl

P.S. I hope this message doesn't show up 3 times. The previous two attempts didn't get posted.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #426

Damon Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
Yes, we had the water hammer problem with the toilet on our 340RK. Replacing the toilet didn't solve the problem. What did solve the problem was the installation of a water hammer arrestor in the line to the toilet. I used a "push-lock" PEX tee and the water hammer arrestor (the end of it pushes directly into the tee). Got both at Lowe's. No more water hammer!!!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #427

Evergreen Owners Club
Gosh, I thought that hammer was to notify your door side neighbor that all is well. Guess I will be making a trip to Lowes to fix mine.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #428

Damon Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
Water Hammer Arrestor

Here is the water hammer arrestor I used. Any 1/2" would work, this one fits well behind the toilet.

Shop Sioux Chief 1/2-in Dia. Copper Air Chamber Fitting at Lowes.com
Old 02-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #429

Evergreen Owners Club
Thanks Paul
Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #430

Evergreen Owners Club
No hammering but a different issue.

We don't have the tank hammer problem on our 385BH our problem is when our toilet gets about 3/4 full it starts to air bubble and splash up when you flush (don't know how else to explain it) we have put the cyclone vents on the roof and it helped a bit. Anyone else have that issue.
Also our tank monitors for the black tanks don't really work anymore, thought some paper might be stuck over the sensor but ran the tank flushers and got the tanks clean but the monitors still won't go to empty. Frustrating but short of dropping the under belly and putting different monitor system in I'm not sure what else to try.
Any ideas out there?
Old 02-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #431

Texas Boomers Club
The tank gauges are notorious for inaccuracy and we never check them. We, like many full timers, use the "burp" method to know when the black tanks needs dumping.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #432

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnAna View Post
We don't have the tank hammer problem on our 385BH our problem is when our toilet gets about 3/4 full it starts to air bubble and splash up when you flush (don't know how else to explain it) we have put the cyclone vents on the roof and it helped a bit. Anyone else have that issue.
Also our tank monitors for the black tanks don't really work anymore, thought some paper might be stuck over the sensor but ran the tank flushers and got the tanks clean but the monitors still won't go to empty. Frustrating but short of dropping the under belly and putting different monitor system in I'm not sure what else to try.
Any ideas out there?
I have noticed quite a few campers use Happy Camper and are very happy with it. Maybe a few double doses and some plain water might fix the sensors. Mine would read 1/3 after I would dump and flush, so I took the time to fill with fresh water and dump about 4 times. Now it reads empty, we'll see how long that lasts.

Happy Camper - Odorless Holding Tank Treatment Black and Grey Water
Old 02-22-2015, 07:25 AM   #433

Lug Nut Info

I want to share this info to make others aware of what could be a very frustrating if you find this when your on the side of the road.

I had to repair a tire with a slow leak; this should have been a simple task of removing the tire, taking it to a tire service center for repair. Removal of the tire proved to be a challenge and I was very happy I found this in the shop and not on the side of the road. The lug nuts have a thin metal cover which is not easy to remove and a typical lug wrench (4 way) is not deep enough to reach the true lug nut so the thin metal cover rounds off. So if you’re replacing the tire on the side of the road you could find yourself fighting to remove a stubborn cover to get to the nut. That tire now has deep solid nuts with the other tires to be upgraded with solid nuts this week.

Mike
2013 295RL Bay Hill
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:37 PM   #434

Talking evergreen bayhill

we are picking up our new 340RK on 2/25/2015. First new camper and I have been reading with great interest the comments on problems. Thank you for your information.
We are fairly new to the rving crowd but really enjoying getting ready for retirement.

John & Alice

Tags
evergreen