Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #435

Evergreen Owners Club
Mike Masters...thanks for the info

Welcome aboard John and Alice

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2015, 08:54 AM   #436

Evergreen Owners Club
Check List

John...make sure you have assembled a check list of the issues other Bay Hill owners have endured during your pre-delivery Walk-Through. My wife and I did not get a thorough explanation, for example, of the auto-leveling system and then had two hours of grief in the Sonoran Desert because the system was defective from the start.

Good luck on your new RV...

Ken & Lucy

KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #437

Thanks everyone for the advice. We go to pick up our 2015 340Rk tomorrow. Will be carrying a long list to check thanks to reading all of your posts. I will let you know how it goes.
John
Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #438

Evergreen Owners Club
Hello all,

It has just been so hectic the last week or so I have not been able to post at all. But we were able to pick up and start living in our bayhill about a week ago. We get the PMI and everything went well although the only hiccup we had was the flatbed I was getting from my truck was not in and could not be put on so we could not tow it off a lot. We got a delivery guy that the dealer uses quite often to deliver trailers to bring it down the road a couple miles so we can start living in it. First I was hesitant in paying the guy as much as we did to get him to move it down the road but that little extra couple days of living in it before we left Texas really paid off, I have to give the wife all the credit for that.
We did run out of propane the first night in Texas when I just happen to be freezing. But all it needed was the flip of the handle, And the small unneeded trip to the gas station to get a new propane tank. Also the first time I took a shower I got nothing but cold water, at first I was a little pissed and a lot worried that that was a major problem of the camper, until I realized that I forgot to turn on the heater. So we figured out if you turn it on! it will work just fine! my wife has been enjoying long........ hot showers.
We have only had minor problems nothing that can't be fixed with a little bit of time. We had a couple light covers that fell off during the first move but that was very easy and we had one that broke one of the side springs that hold it to the ceiling but we taped it up until we can get a new one. The biggest problem we have right now was actually with the brand-new truck and flatbed.

I ordered the flatbed from coyote Canyon a mom-and-pop after market truck bed supplier in San Antonio Texas. We ordered it at least six weeks out but it came eight weeks which almost pushed my time schedule. And I ordered it with the B & W hitch for a flatbed. it had to be special ordered because they created a 20 inch box for the hitch to sit in and then recessed it 5 inches. I don't know if you're familiar with that hitch system but it does not need to be recessed and can sit on the bed itself. Also the hitch is nonadjustable and once it got recessed it we had problems with the Clarence of the front landing gear of the trailer. When we first hooked it up my Clarence was only about 3 inches off the ground for the front landing gear my dad helped me move the king pen down to the lowest setting and that still only gave us about five or 6 inches. I ended up taking it to Spiller a professional truck hitch company. To's see if they can help me out. So first when they try to take the hitch off we found that it was jammed in the hole so hard that they needed a forklift to take it off. And the gooseneck ball that came along with it would not even fit in the hole. Spiller was able to take care of all the problems, however it would take them longer than I had time for her to adjust that platform to the top height. Also on our second day of travel during the test off all the outside travel lights on the RV we had a failed test. It took us about an hour to figure out that coyote Canyon when they install the seven way hook up on the backside they broke the clip and didn't replace it. So the connections for not getting a good connection and would not give power to the lights of the RV. So if you're in the center of Texas area I would not recommend coyote Canyon for anything however I would recommend Spiller in Austin for any of your hitch needs.

We bought our RV from RV land in Kyle Texas. They are a small mom-and-pop RV dealer and I would definitely recommend them to anybody who's looking at a Bayhill, alpha gold or Tesla.
They've been easy to work with and have help me with everything that I have asked. I have worked with Scott Dean and while he does not know everything about RVs he is more than helpful and will find out for you. And most important he will admit when he does not know.

I will have to say I do not understand how people who do not live in their RV full-time can keep it maintained. There is a lot to these little guys and if you don't see it or work with it every day it would be a big extra chore in my opinion.
Only thing I would say that we don't like. Or I don't like about my BH395 is that darn master bath medicine cabinet. There is two mirrors but in the middle there is about 3 to 4 inches of wood where there is no mirror for this being one of the main mirrors when I shave or brush my teeth I have to go to one or the other side to see myself. This I believe will be one of my first undertakings. to take off those two mirrors and put in one big mirror.

Others I have planned are putting cabinets above the toilet in the main bathroom and in the half bathroom. Replacing the Bayhill glass in the master bedroom for the closet with mirrors. Building a desk right in front of the front door in the corner that sits to the right for an office. Doing something with the plastic on the bottom of the curtains. Putting shims around the washer so that when it goes into a slow spin cycle it doesn't shake the whole camper. Building more shelves in the generator compartment for common tools. And eventually getting around to the LED in the skylight in the shower that Ken did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425531244.318057.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	87771
Old 03-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #439

hello everyone. we picked up our Bay Hill 340 RK at Flinthills RV in Andover Ks. The crew seemed to be very knowledgeable,helpfull and willing to spend time explaining. we had a problem with the front landing jacks but with some trial and error got things under control. haven't had a chance to get out due to work & weather. I have only found a few problems with loose connections on the TV satellite wiring. Ever green was very helpful in giving advice & sending a wiring diagram. All in all so far we are quite pleased with our purchase.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #440

Evergreen Owners Club
Evergreen Bayhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
Anyone have an opinion on a Evergreen Bay Hill? Sure would appreciate your response if you own one.

Mike

I just picked my Bayhill up a month ago and have been on two short trips. I absolutely love it! Had a couple minor problems getting air out of the lines and also dirt in the faucets. Love it!

Driving to Arizona in a couple weeks for a new adventure!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #441

Evergreen Owners Club
Nice rig! We just bought the 379fl model and absolutely love it! Learning to drive the Chevy truck i bought with it as well. Little different hauling 13,000 pounds!
Old 03-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #442

Evergreen Owners Club
Welcome aboard wineman63!!! Hope you have many miles of safe travels.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #443

Evergreen Owners Club
Girard tankless and tires

hey fellow Bay Hill owners...

Two items for anyone's consideration:

(1) My wife and I returned from our yearly trip to Spring Training baseball in Arizona. We had great weather and...and...no issues with our 2013 Bay Hill 320RS. Thumbs up to that! On the return trip, we stayed at an RV park in Desert Hot Springs, California. We have stayed there on several occasions over the years. On this particular visit, however, I noticed that the RV park's water pressure had declined noticeably. My water pressure regulator connected at the faucet registered only 20PSI. My Girard tankless water heater failed to fire up! I removed the regulator and let the unregulated flow come into the trailer's water inlet. After a few tries, the Girard's burner ignited and started producing hot water at its usual temperature. My two previous RV trips were to Flying Flags in Buellton, CA and to San Francisco RV Resort in Pacifica, CA. Both times, the Girard worked flawlessly. Has anyone encountered difficulties getting the burner to ignite with their tankless water heater (either Girard or Atwood) at campgrounds with low water pressure?

(2) I'm noticing my original Bay Hill (Westlake) tires are wearing somewhat unevenly even though correct tire pressure has been maintained. Has anyone had to replace his/her tires and, if so, with what brand?

Happy RVing...

Ken
Old 03-14-2015, 07:31 AM   #444

Ken are your tires wearing uneven around the entire tire tread or are they wearing uneven from one side of the tire to the other?...meaning is there wear on the top but not on the bottom type of wear?
Old 03-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #445

Evergreen Owners Club
Westlake tires

Tire wear seems to be more prevalent on front left/right tires on the outer edges.

I'm thinking about checking in with the local Les Schwab shop and see what kind of RV tires the store stocks or can order.

Ken
Old 03-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #446

Tires don't wear out because they're bad, they wear out from alignment and psi. It's more than a coincidence that just the two fronts are wearing and not the rears. What are the chances that of four tires of the same brand that only the fronts are wearing weird? I'd stay away from Les Schwab and head to a trailer alignment shop. BTDT with a TT we had. All four tires were GY Marathons. Only the right front and rears were wearing funny. The TT dealer checked out the alignment and said it was the tires. Took one of the tires to a GY dealer and he said they don't wear just on the outside from being bad, that it was an alignment problem. Never trusted the dealer anyway, so took it to the local big rig alignment shop. Sure enough the axles were bent. Had them realigned. Got both done for a total of $195.00.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:44 PM   #447

Evergreen Owners Club
Ken, I bought some Cooper LT235 85R 16 tires to replace the originals. Cooper tires are made in the USA and I got them, buy 3 get the fourth free. Cooper runs this sale pretty often. Also, I believe there have been some comments on this and other forums about the tankless water heaters being cranky with too low water pressure.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:43 PM   #448

Evergreen Owners Club
Bayhill 379fl

We have had our Bayhill for about two months now and absolutely love it! Everybody that sees it wants to take a peek! Lot's of room and comforts. Only issue we had initially was the winterizing the dealer did back east before he drove it out from Indiana. Lot's of comforts and cool stuff! The fridge is awesome! Lot's of room. Three king size beds. Great audio and video system. Only thing missing is a blue ray player for my grandkids to watch movies. Not available anywhere so far as i can tell. I bought a small Sony blue ray. That should do the trick. Full size bathroom, tankless water heater. All very cool stuff. It seems all quality construction inside and out. I would do it again. i looked long and hard before making the purchase.

Tags
evergreen