Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2015, 06:11 AM   #449

Was the dealer able to perform the alignment adjustment?

When I was replacing a tire due to a staple in the side wall I noticed the tire in front had worn the outside tread down to the wear bar. I called the dealer and was told this was an alignment problem and to bring it in for a laser alignment check.

mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #450

Evergreen Owners Club
Cooper tires

Thanks Keith. A fairly local dealer carries Cooper tires and I'll see if he's got a special running.

And Chief...good advice. Unfortunately, the dealer who sold us the trailer (Best RV in Turlock, CA) would have absolutely NOTHING to do with our Bay Hill after a few months, claiming he wasn't being reimbursed by Evergreen for any kind of warranty work. Thanks for your insight, however.

Ken

KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #451

Tiffin Owners Club
Fridge and Water Heater Notes

Recently we had a very hard thunder shower in Naples Fl. Not complaining after looking northward to all of the heavy snow storms. We were out shopping when the storm hit. (pleasantly shopping at Walmart) When we returned, the Norcold 4 door fridge was off, the light did not come on when the doors were open and a code, L1 OP was flashing on the display panel.
I googled the code and learned that the L1 indicated that the fridge was out do to high temperature at the condenser. I read some more and learned that I needed to get Norcold to send a service man to reset the relay outside behind the panel. I did more reading and learned that I should be able to reset it with a magnet. I went to Lowes and bought a magnet and began the process. I went outside and removed the lower panel for the fridge and saw a bright red light glowing on a black box which was the tripped relay. I began moving the magnet, first on the top of the box, then on the bottom. Nothing happened. However when I placed the magnet on the right side of the box and kept it there for about 5 to ten seconds, I heard a click and the red light went out. Low and behold, the fridge began working again. It has been working about 2 weeks and is working fine. I did some more reading and learned that when some people had the same problem when they washed their rig. Apparently, dousing water on the outside fridge panels while the unit is running can cause this problem. I did a little more research because I couldn't believe that Norcold would use a magnetic reset and not a push button reset on this unit. It turns out that Norcold now has a replacement push button reset for this relay.
Another problem I found is that when we have guests, they have a tendency to turn on the hot water for a few seconds (never getting any hot water) after using the bathroom. This turns on the tank-less hot water heater for about a minute. I think after having my rig for about a year and a half I concluded that I would have opted for a conventional fridge with Dutch doors and a 10 gallon combination gas and electric hot water heater. Hind sight is always 20/20.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #452

Looked at a 295rl yesterday at the local rv show. Wife and realky liked it. One concern was placement of the range. Being not on an outside wall theres no vent for the range. We cook a lot in our trailers and are wondering how just the filter in the micro would do if we were cooking something slightly smokie or steamy.

Anyone with a 295 with cooking use out there.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #453

Evergreen Owners Club
295 RL venting

We have owned our 295 since September 2013. We cook in our fiver more often than not by far. We haven't noticed any problem with the vent that is part of the microwave. It uses a filter that does vent inside.
Granted we usually use the BBQ for most meats, but while I BBQ the DW is cooking the sides inside. For those times we do cook something smoky inside we haven't notice a problem
There have been others who have commented on this forum regarding the venting. Maybe they will chime in.
For us, so far so good.
By the the way the 295 has been a great choice for us. We have used ours every month since purchased.

Chris & Judy
Old 03-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #454

Thanks Chris, that's encouraging. I have been following this Bay Hill thread since new. I'm still on edge about some of the issues that have occurred. Even so when the wife and I walked in to the 295RL this weekend we were really impressed by the overall upscale look it has. Lots of nice features.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #455

Evergreen Owners Club
295 RL venting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Thanks Chris, that's encouraging. I have been following this Bay Hill thread since new. I'm still on edge about some of the issues that have occurred. Even so when the wife and I walked in to the 295RL this weekend we were really impressed by the overall upscale look it has. Lots of nice features.
Your welcome.
I hope others will chime in on the subject.
Some may or may not have the same experience as we.
Good luck.

Chris & Judy
Old 03-15-2015, 11:09 PM   #456

Evergreen Owners Club
Cumminsfan, We do not have the 295, but our model the range is on an outside wall. No outside vent on ours either. The DW is no gourmet cook, but the exhaust fan in the microwave works for her. The previous camper was a 2005 Cardinal with the same set up and no problems. I believe a Fantastic Vent in the kitchen area would be a nice standard equipment or at least an option.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:13 AM   #457

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Looked at a 295rl yesterday at the local rv show. Wife and realky liked it. One concern was placement of the range. Being not on an outside wall theres no vent for the range. We cook a lot in our trailers and are wondering how just the filter in the micro would do if we were cooking something slightly smokie or steamy.

Anyone with a 295 with cooking use out there.
Don't rely on a recirculating fan. It just spreads whatever throughout the coach. If you burn something you will catch on real quickly. On our 385BH I had a fantastic fan installed over the kitchen area with a rain cap. When something burns and there is a lot of smoke, we just turn on the fan, make sure a window is open and within seconds, whatever is gone. I made the same mistake in my house and opted for a recirculating vent on the microwave. It just blows the smoke around the house. I recently installed a vent fan to the attic and what a difference. This was a first for us. All of our coaches and motorhomes had vents under the microwave that vented to the outside. Bayhill uses a home microwave which is really nice, but never figured out how to get it to vent to the outside. I did see one Bayhill with a flap on the outside, but not sure who put it there.
The fantastic fan is not that expensive and really worth while. Make sure you get the rain cap so you can keep the vent open and not worry about rain.
Hope this helps
Bob
Old 03-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Don't rely on a recirculating fan. It just spreads whatever throughout the coach. If you burn something you will catch on real quickly. On our 385BH I had a fantastic fan installed over the kitchen area with a rain cap. When something burns and there is a lot of smoke, we just turn on the fan, make sure a window is open and within seconds, whatever is gone. I made the same mistake in my house and opted for a recirculating vent on the microwave. It just blows the smoke around the house. I recently installed a vent fan to the attic and what a difference. This was a first for us. All of our coaches and motorhomes had vents under the microwave that vented to the outside. Bayhill uses a home microwave which is really nice, but never figured out how to get it to vent to the outside. I did see one Bayhill with a flap on the outside, but not sure who put it there.
The fantastic fan is not that expensive and really worth while. Make sure you get the rain cap so you can keep the vent open and not worry about rain.
Hope this helps
Bob
Hello Bob,

Did you have your fantastic fan installed after your purchase or did you order it that way? If you had it installed afterwards, who did it for your? We really want to have one installed in our 295RL. That is really one of the only disliked things about our Fiver. All the other ones we have had, had a vent to outside.

John
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracers31 View Post
We have owned our 295 since September 2013. We cook in our fiver more often than not by far. We haven't noticed any problem with the vent that is part of the microwave. It uses a filter that does vent inside.
Granted we usually use the BBQ for most meats, but while I BBQ the DW is cooking the sides inside. For those times we do cook something smoky inside we haven't notice a problem
There have been others who have commented on this forum regarding the venting. Maybe they will chime in.
For us, so far so good.
By the the way the 295 has been a great choice for us. We have used ours every month since purchased.

Chris & Judy
We have noticed when cooking and using the microwave vent it will make the doors of the cabinets above dirty. Not terrible, but it is noticeable. Luckily we haven't burned anything yet inside as we generally will cook bacon and other things prone to smoking outside.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:32 PM   #460

Quote:
We have had our 295 for a year now. We really like it and the overall build quality of the Fiver is good. There have been many problems as others have noted, and I would have to say more than the previous 2 we had. However, our dealer, thankfully was descent in fixing all of the issues. It did take some time getting all the kinks worked out which I think was more time than we camped in it.

We do like the layout and have looked at others since purchasing ours and for the money and what Bay Hill has to offer it is still top of the list for us.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #461

Evergreen Owners Club
Day 20, and boy today was a doozy but before I go into that I would like to address the topic about low water pressure.

We recently stayed at Joneses RV park north Atlanta and the best water pressure I saw was 30 psi however that was not the norm. The norm was 10 to 15 psi with our whole last day being 0 psi. We did have two workarounds for the low PSI that I think might be helpful to others.

First we filled up the onboard tanks and use that with the water pump. That works fine in the water pump got the right psi for the tankless water heater to actually heat water. The drawbacks to this was we had to take time to fill up the tanks prior to showers. Also this was in our 10th or so day in the RV and I noted the freshwater tank was bowing out the bottom. We were not actually in an area where I could drop it and take a look at it and I was worried about The known problem with the freshwater tank so we discontinued that method.

The other method that we used that seem to work good, Even during the period where we had zero psi. We left it on city water but turned on the water pump. My wife didn't notice any difference whether we were pulling from the onboard tank or sucking it out of the city pipes. I did notice the white hose that was entering the RV was noticeably scrunched down because the pump was having to pull the water from the pipes but it still seems to work just fine. Also when using this method I left my regulator in line just in case water pressure came back to over what the RV could handle.

Now back to day 20. I came out of the RV early in the morning to go for a run but heard water pouring down I look under the RV and back by where all the hook ups are it is streaming water. Turn the water off to the camper at the shut off valve to take a look. Long story short it was our Atwood hot water heater that had sprung a leak. I don't know how long it was leaking it could've been all night. And lucky for us it was leaking towards the outside of the trailer our storage and all of the under compartments stayed dry, to include the furnace that sits right below it. The problem lied with the plastic red manifold that is in the Atwood water heater, The technician that we brought it to, to check it out said that he believes that the pressure release valve was over tight and put more pressure than it should've on the plastic. They have ordered the part and it should take about five days to a week to get it. Luckily the place we are staying at has showers available.
Also for those that are wondering we are still living in the RV and the hot water heater is still busted. The way we are working around this is to use the shut off valve that is in line before the hot water heater to cut that part out of the water system. This is the valve that they mentioned that you might want to shut off if you were going to winterize your RV and didn't want any anti-freeze going into the water heater. I will post a picture of our leak as soon as I can get it off my phone.

Happy travels and warm showers
Shawn
Old 03-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #462

Just read that the new models are being upgraded. This makes a very nice unit even nicer. Upgraded things from what I read was better material and more standard features. I am in the market (not in a real hurry as I still like my 2011 Sunnybrook) but if I see a unit that has enough better stuff than my current unit I will pull the trigger. So I will be looking at the Augusta Luxe, and the Bayhill.

Tags
evergreen