Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #519

I wanted to add...if you own a Lifestyle or Alfa Gold...then you own an Evergreen product. THEY ARE ALL ON THE SAME EVERGREEN WEBSITE!! You can click on Lifestyle and see both the Alfa Gold and Lifestyle units...or you can click on the Bayhill 5th wheels and see that they are ALL 102" units. Why is this so difficult for anyone to read? But you have to come on this page and ask that question? Go look for yourself goevergreen.com
I apologize for getting so irritated by the ignorant comments on here...I guess some people have nothing to do in their RV except read blogs and make bad comments...lol

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #520

The extended warranty they offered you, they buy for $700. Negotiate it down to $1000.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:19 PM   #521

I don't want to be piling on Bayhill but my 2015 340RK has not left my drive since I purchased it. Was getting ready to leave for the lake yesterday when I found the front belly pan was falling off. Glad it didn't happen on the road. Also have a Lippert slide issue.
The good thing about the situation is that Evergreen is paying for a service call and repairs at my home. The warranty department has been very helpful and is trying to fix the problem as soon as possible.
To me this is about as good as it gets with any new warranty.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:25 PM   #522

I posted a question on lifestylerv.com a couple of months ago, asking about the differences between the Bay Hill and the Alfa Gold, here is their response:

On the Alfa Gold, we build our chassis/frame in house using double stacked box tube steel welded together, rather than purchasing an I-beam frame. The roof line run straight back rather than being slanted giving the interior a more open feeling. The cabinet stiles behind the doors are solid cherry hardwood versus paper wrapped wood. The windows are surrounded by cherry wood. the main slide out is 7' tall. The Alfa Gold also has many more standard items than the Bay Hill.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #523

Well I have reached the point of no return. On our last trip we showered with tepid water and it never got warmer in 3 days. We have the Atwood tankless thats been serviced twice and works well intermittently , there is no consistent pattern. I have gone thru all the various suggestions and recommendations ( water pressure, shower restrictor, LP pressure) with no consistent 100% hot water results. I finally took the Bay Hill in and had the Tankless unit replaced with a 10 gal Atwood gas/elec. tank unit. It was expensive but well worth it, constant HOT water without the guesswork. We are planing an Alaska trip in 2016 and I could not imagine doing it with the tankless unit, can I carry enough fresh water? will it work? filling up the gray tanks? too many problems. It takes the fun out of it. The key with the tankless is it only raises the incoming water temp about 55 degrees so if ambient temp is low and the water temp is 45 and you add 55 it doesn't make for hot water. I do admit that while wintering in Az this past year it worked fine the majority of the time, but the inconsistency was a big issue for us.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:36 PM   #524

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Question...is Bayhill a step up from Alfa Gold or are they even both being a step below Lifestyle? Is a Bayhill 96" or 102" wide?

According to the Evergreen rep I spoke with before buying my 385BH, the Alpha and the Bay Hill are identical except for a few "features", like water filtration, and electric shore cord reels, ect. But the biggest difference is that the Bay Hill rides on a 12" I-Beam frame built by Lippert and the Alpha is on an in house built Titan double box frame.......way stronger, but you'll pay for it.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:16 PM   #525

Evergreen Owners Club
Oh, by the way...HI Everyone! Havent been around in a while and stopped by to catch up. It seems there is so many more folks around here now! Thats great!! Well I have been full time in my coach for over 7 months now and I gotta say I love it just as much as I did when I drug it home! Out here in west Texas we're starting to heat up for summer, so far we have hit about 99 degrees a couple of times and let me tell ya, having the 2 15K A/C units on this sucker is awsome! Even in the daytime they still cycle on and off, it stays pretty darn cool in here (sometimes just down right chilly!) I hate seeing the problems with the water heaters still, I would have thought the bugs would be worked out by now. I have been extremely happy with my Suburban 12 gal., plenty of hot water and I have only used the propane burner once to check it out. All the discussion on the Norcold fridge has got me a tad cautious now, but so far far its worked fine. I am glad I installed the fantastic vent covers over my bathroom vents and over my kitchen fantastic fan, that saved some covers with spring hail. Unfortunately my bathroom skylight didnt like the hail that much......it got knocked out in the last storm. No worries though, its an easy fix and there is a guy on Ebay that makes and sells our size skylight for $45.00 except instead of being the cheap acrylic or plexi that Bay Hill uses, his are Lexan polycarbonate (darn near unbreakable), so really it worked out for the best anyway, no more worries.All in all, this has been a great coach that looks to be built very well. Well I hope everyone is doing great and getting some great trips planned! See ya soon!

Chad
Old 05-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #526
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
I remember reading somewhere that someone had isolated which input was for the satellite on a 340RK, Can someone enlighten me?

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:33 PM   #527

Evergreen Owners Club
Howdy Chad, sounds like you are pleased with your Bay Hill. We feel like the bugs have been worked out of our 365rl and we are headed to Alaska later this week. It should be the true test!!
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #528

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5er View Post
Howdy Chad, sounds like you are pleased with your Bay Hill. We feel like the bugs have been worked out of our 365rl and we are headed to Alaska later this week. It should be the true test!!

WOW!! Alaska?! I am soooooo jealous! I know you folks have had your share of ticks with your 365rl, but wonderful people like you are the reason I even bought a Bay Hill. Not because you had problems, but because you saw it for what it was, stuck with it, and found that even with some (really) goofy issues, these are still great trailers. Thats also the reason I joined this forum, because other owners like yourself came here, vented and discussed their issues and found ways to fix them for themselves and future owners. I hope ya have a wonderful trip and dont forget to get some great pictures to post on here for us as well. Take care and talk to ya soon!

Chad
Old 05-28-2015, 07:15 AM   #529

Damon Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
DFR - On our 2014 340RK the satellite connection is the bottom one in the utility center and the satellite in is the bottom connection in the cubby hole below the TV. Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #530

Damon Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
Keith, keep us updated on your trip to Alaska. We are leaving next week for Alaska as well, except we are going on a cruise!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:14 PM   #531

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSPKS View Post
Keith, keep us updated on your trip to Alaska. We are leaving next week for Alaska as well, except we are going on a cruise!
Now everyone is making me jealous!! LOL
Old 06-01-2015, 06:07 AM   #532

Here is another camper that is jealous of the Alaskan trips. We took a cruise there a couple of years ago and had a great time.
I also concur with the satellite connections on the Bayhill 340RK. We have had a problem or two with ours but all in all are well satisfied with our purchase.

Tags
evergreen