Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #547

Forest River Owners Club
How Much A/C

I was in the Air Conditioning business many years ago. I can explain all the co-efficient s that make up the formula that will give you the correct btu's necessary for a specific size coach Keep in mind that there really isn't much insulation on the walls and ceilings of these units. In the northern part of the country, you can probably get away with one unit with occasional hot sunny days making things a little more difficult to reach temperature, however in south Florida, the sun beats down daily with the temperatures hitting 100 degrees lately. There is no way 1 a/c unit will suffice in south Florida. As far as a front a/c unit attached to the duct system, give Evergreen a call. They will confirm that when they install the second unit, it is attached to the duct system. Go back to the beginning of this forum you will find one of our members added a 15,000 btu a/c unit to the bedroom and the duct work was already there to hook up to. I know most of the older 5th wheels did not use the duct system for the front units, but the newer models use the duct system when done at the factory. I always complained that when you look at the new units they offer packages for cold weather in the north. They should also offer packages for the hot weather in the south. This would include the 2nd a/c unit attached to the duct system, a better vent system and tinted roof sky lights especially the big one over the shower. My unit did not even come with a vent on the microwave over the range that went to the outside. It was a recirculating vent. Not very good when all the windows are closed and the a/c unit is blasting away and just blowing the smoke from the range throughout the coach. I had a fantastic vent installed over the kitchen that works great when conditions need quick ventilation. I will also recommend a heat pump system so you can heat your coach necessary and avoid the dry smelly heat of propane. The heat pump also uses a lot less energy and is a more comfortable heat. I always believed that it is better to have more and use it when you need it than have less and wish you had it when conditions create that need. The cost of the 2nd a/c unit is not that much and if it was installed at the factory, would even be less because of the labor factor. These are things we all learn from experience. I wish I used all the recommendations I learned from this forum because there are a lot of our members who have great recommendations from their experience and can safe a lot of frustrations in the future.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #548

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post
I live in Oregon the dealer I first went to told me I would never need 2nd unit.
My husband said we can't buy one without 2nd unit. After reading info on this site.
We went to Texas and bought one there. We love our 2014 Bay Hill 295RL fifth wheel.
This weather usually is not that hot here.

Good luck.
Living Life
Living Life,

Did you buy yours at Toppers? Picked it up in July or September (it was either when we ordered or picked up ours)?

Trudi
RVn Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #549

We live in central Kansas and we discovered very quickly that our 340RK needs both AC units to cool reasonably. Our units were both installed at Bayhill and both attached to the ducting system. To be able to run both at a campsite you have to have a 50 amp service but that is a small price to pay for the comfort.
JOHNRRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #550

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVn Texan View Post
Living Life,

Did you buy yours at Toppers? Picked it up in July or September (it was either when we ordered or picked up ours)?

Trudi
Yes, we picked ours up Sept. So glad we decided to go where it was hot and get what we wanted. This site has helped us out. So, thanks for all the input!!! Could not have helped us enough.

Livinglife
livinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:39 PM   #551

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
Anyone have an opinion on a Evergreen Bay Hill? Sure would appreciate your response if you own one.

Mike
How do I get into the forum? I have pushed everything on the page trying to get replies that you got and nothing works
Greengo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:50 AM   #552

I wish I could help you but I don't know what to tell you. Would love to see your comments.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:57 AM   #553

yes and since I used a external battery charger that one time I have not had to use the battery charger again.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #554

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Are there any Bay Hill owners that don't have issues? Seems like every Bay Hill thread that gets going it really brings out the problems. And I don't mean small stuff that most have. I really have my doubts about Evergreen as a company. They totally botched the Element with all the roof leak issues and now after reading about so many problems with the BH, it just seems like Evergreen has some management issues.
I wonder the exact same thing about the Heartland Bighorn and Big Country. Heartland has been in business 12 years now. Evergreen 4 going on 5. Tell me which one should be having more growing pains---the younger or older company??? I am buying the new just released 375RE. Wow! Fantastic trailer!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #555

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Are there any Bay Hill owners that don't have issues? Seems like every Bay Hill thread that gets going it really brings out the problems. And I don't mean small stuff that most have. I really have my doubts about Evergreen as a company. They totally botched the Element with all the roof leak issues and now after reading about so many problems with the BH, it just seems like Evergreen has some management issues.
Quote:
Sounds like they need to a new PDI building so they can control quality before the units leave the lot. The new service building is nothing more than a band aid. They're not curing the problem of poor quality control. Unless problems are fixed before the sale then what good is that for the customer?
And I say the same thing about Heartland putting in a brand new 12 bay service area! I mean really! That is one heck of a lot of units that have to go back to the factory for major work!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:47 AM   #556

Water storage Tank!

My 2013 Bay Hill 32rs tank has started coming loose. It has two band straps holding it in place when tank is filled it starts pulling and bending framework. I was able to put 4 2x4's underneath it and hold it in place. I called factory and he told me to put 2x4's in place and get to a shop ASAP because tank will fall out! In or out of warranty they will pay to have it repaired correctly. So if your tank is installed like mine was, you need to get this taken care of. Contact Kerry 574-825-7745 ext. 150
Kcinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #557

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcinfl View Post
My 2013 Bay Hill 32rs tank has started coming loose. It has two band straps holding it in place when tank is filled it starts pulling and bending framework. I was able to put 4 2x4's underneath it and hold it in place. I called factory and he told me to put 2x4's in place and get to a shop ASAP because tank will fall out! In or out of warranty they will pay to have it repaired correctly. So if your tank is installed like mine was, you need to get this taken care of. Contact Kerry 574-825-7745 ext. 150

Thankfully our 2015 was mounted with straps and brackets. I think the dealer did it prior to PDI as I expressed it was a concern we had.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:09 AM   #558

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post
Yes, we picked ours up Sept. So glad we decided to go where it was hot and get what we wanted. This site has helped us out. So, thanks for all the input!!! Could not have helped us enough.

Livinglife
Small world. I remember Robb pointing y'all out coming there from Oregon. I am pleased with Toppers from beginning of sale to what bit of warranty work we needed them to do. Most minor stuff we do ourselves.

Trudi
Old 07-13-2015, 02:48 PM   #559

New Bay Hill owner

As of today, I am a new 320RS owner.
ostory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #560

I have a Cardinal 2013 30-30 with factory Bedroom ac it can it is plumbed into venting system when the main unit is on it blows ok when you turn on the bedrom ac it about doubles the volume coming out of the vents you can also open the main s
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen