Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #561

I have a Cardinal 2013 30-30 with factory Bedroom ac it is plumbed into venting system when the main unit is on it blows ok .When you turn on the bedrom ac it about doubles the volume coming out of the vents you can also open the main vent under either ac and it will blow directly out of the unit.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #562

Evergreen Owners Club
We are doing a factory tour Aug.7th. Hoping that we find the quality that we are looking for. We are really wanting to buy the brand new 375RE floor plan. It really looks swell with a patio door off the living area, 5 slides, dishwasher, 2 awnings, large fridge.
I was wondering how hard on the kitchen slide is the extra weight from the residential fridge?

Old 07-22-2015, 04:47 PM   #563

Floor Vents

Just a suggestion, I removed my vent covers and placed screen material under the vents covers. Anything dropped will no longer run for the vent covers and down the ducts never to be seen again. When I find out where those items will run I will post that also.
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #564

Evergreen Owners Club
Just thought I'd throw a few of the little lighting touches I did on here for ideas if anyone is interested. I know the newer coaches come with several of these but those of us with earlier built trailers weren't offered much more than the strip under the front baggage compartment. First I added warm white LED lights in the shower skylight with a strip of blue LEDs inside the cover, stuck to the wood framing, to give the skylight a blue glow at night around the clear and a nice lighting effect in the shower stall. Then I built 3 little fixtures with warm white LEDs and installed them under the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. All these are wired into the ceiling lights so they come on with the bathroom lights or lavatory lights respectively. Next up, I installed blue LED strip lights above the living room cabinets and entertainment center and wired them to an RF remote control so they work independent from the room lights and can also be dimmed, very nice when watching tv at night. Moving outside, I installed some blue LED strip lights under both curbside slides and on the trailer frame under the slides and wired then up with the factory installed outside LED strip dimmer so they come on and dim with the factory strip. Next, I installed an remote controlled RGB light strip under the awning and wired it through the awning frame, following the awning power wires through the coach to completely conceal the wiring. I installed the RGB controller on the baggage compartment wall right above the factory dimmer and stuck the remote right above it with velcro so it looks very clean. I enjoyed this set alot because instead of using a pre-made set that is shorter than the awning, I purchased a 5m roll and used it so it goes the full length of the awning and with the 5050 style LED strip, I can select "white" color on the remote and get a great light outside if needed. Next up but not done yet is cool white LED lighting in the closet that is wired in with the ceiling lights in the bedroom and then I will be adding cool whites in the outdoor kitchen to the inside of the door so when I grill I have lights right above the grill to see. Hopefully I will get the last 2 projects done in the next 2-3 weeks and will update the pics when I do. I posted all the pictures on "4 shared" to save space on here, so feel free to check them out if you want any ideas.

Bay Hill LED Lights by texascowboy_1974 - 4shared

When you go to the link above, click on "view all images" on the right side below the file list for easier viewing.

Hope ya'll enjoy 'em! Happy trails!

Chad
Old 07-25-2015, 11:47 PM   #565

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
Just a suggestion, I removed my vent covers and placed screen material under the vents covers. Anything dropped will no longer run for the vent covers and down the ducts never to be seen again. When I find out where those items will run I will post that also.

I love that idea! Thanks for the share, I never would have thought of that but its an awesome idea.......going to get some screen right now!!

Chad
Old 07-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #566

Shore Power Receptical

2013 Bay Hill, 295RL. I have been having power problems (loss of the neutral) so I removed the shore plug receiver on the back of my unit. I was shocked to find 4 screws 4" long holding my receiver plug, the exterior wall they were installed into was only 3/4" deep. I was able to reach up behind the plug and there was nothing there so the threads on the screws were not making contact with anything. I removed the 4" and replaced with 1 1/2" wood screws. Now the shore power input is solid.
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #567

Evergreen Owners Club
Have a question for ya'll. My husband and I were wondering if anyone has put a motorcycle rack on the back of your Bayhill. If so what brand ? Bike is 850lbs approx.
Any suggestion or advice would be appreciated !!

Livinglife
Old 07-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #568

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post
Have a question for ya'll. My husband and I were wondering if anyone has put a motorcycle rack on the back of your Bayhill. If so what brand ? Bike is 850lbs approx.
Any suggestion or advice would be appreciated !!

Livinglife

I wanted a hitch for a carrier on mine but with the way Bay Hill tucks the bumper underneath the back, I didnt feel it was best. I talked to my dealer about it and they even said after looking that the factory bumper is too thin and not mounted sound enough to put any real load on it. They did say the frame was fine for it though. I had them cut off the factory bumper and build a new one with a thicker walled 4" tube and better mounting to the frame. Only hiccup was that standard bumper end caps didnt fit in it anymore, so I bought two 4" vinyl post caps, painted them black, drilled a holes for pins to secure 'em and slapped 'em on....looks good to me. It now sits behind the coach instead of under it, which is way better for mounting my hitch, and also makes me feel better because it actually protects the rear from getting hit so easily. Cheers!

Chad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150729_192603012.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	101533   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150729_192611752.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	101534  

Old 07-30-2015, 08:30 AM   #569

There is an attachement that will mount directly to the bumper called and Idaho Tote. Takes most of the load off of the back of the camper and transfers it to wheels under the tote. The tote mounts solid to the bumper and utilizes steering wheels so it will follow you rv as well as allowing you to back up without worrying about a "jackknife event."
Old 07-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #570

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Master View Post
There is an attachement that will mount directly to the bumper called and Idaho Tote. Takes most of the load off of the back of the camper and transfers it to wheels under the tote. The tote mounts solid to the bumper and utilizes steering wheels so it will follow you rv as well as allowing you to back up without worrying about a "jackknife event."

That is a coooool trailer!!
Old 08-08-2015, 01:57 AM   #571

Screen Under Vent Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
MMasters -

What size screen mesh did you use so as not to reduce the furnace air flow and cause pressure back to the furnace blower?

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #572

Evergreen Owners Club
So as this thread has kind of gotten off course I will try to steer it back on course.

My DW and I toured both the Evergreen Bayhill plant and the Heartland Bighorn plant yesterday. These two brands are in direct price competion so comparing them was perfect.

Yes, we have to admit that the Bayhill is a young brand. However, that being said, I believe their Quality Control is well above Heartland that has been in business almost 3 times as long as Evergreen. I must say the Bayhill is made in my opinion much better than the Bighorn by Heartland. First off they use 5/8ths tongue and groove plywood for the subfloor and Bighorn uses what they call a composite which is only 3/8ths inch thick. 2nd the ducting for the A/C in the ceiling is true continuous ducting in the Bayhill with fiberglass insulation filling between the trusses. In the Heartland Bighorn the the ducting is just cut out of the block insulation so there is no guaranty that someone did not cut it correctly and you have air leaks all over the place. He also showed me how the lower skirting that extends down on the sides below the fiberglass is completely wrapped and attached below the walls.

The central vac system in my opinion far exceeds the cordless Dyson that comes in the Bighorn. Also having the control panel immediately in the first cabinet inside the door is much better than Bighorn having it clear inside the kitchen cabinet.

I like the fact that since they are a very young company, the Bayhill sales manager is willing to make custom changes for me! 1st putting the 8000 lb axles from the Lifestyle on my 375Re Bayhill which I believe then also gives me the disc brakes. 2nd putting the Mor/ryde pin box on in place of the Trailair. 3rd upgrading the tires to Goodyear. He is also checking on whether they can put carpet in place of the linoleum in the living area. I would also mention that the areas where they do use carpet that the carpet has a residential foam pad and is not just the carpet.

My wife said definitely the Bayhill and not the Bighorn. I agree completely.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
So as this thread has kind of gotten off course I will try to steer it back on course.

My DW and I toured both the Evergreen Bayhill plant ......... He is also checking on whether they can put carpet in place of the linoleum in the living area. I would also mention that the areas where they do use carpet that the carpet has a residential foam pad and is not just the carpet.

Just a few weeks in my Bay Hill, I love it. However, I would reconsider removing the linoleum. It cleans up so easy. From every day dirt tracked in, to kitchen spills, and washing spills around the sink, the linoleum floor is a blessing. The vacuum feature at the stairs just makes house cleaning quick and easy.

I travel full time without my wife, so ease of cleaning is a priority.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:36 PM   #574

Bay Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post

My DW and I toured both the Evergreen Bayhill plant and the Heartland Bighorn plant yesterday. These two brands are in direct price competion so comparing them was perfect.

Yes, we have to admit that the Bayhill is a young brand. However, that being said, I believe their Quality Control is well above Heartland that has been in business almost 3 times as long as Evergreen. I must say the Bayhill is made in my opinion much better than the Bighorn by Heartland. First off they use 5/8ths tongue and groove plywood for the subfloor and Bighorn uses what they call a composite which is only 3/8ths inch thick. 2nd the ducting for the A/C in the ceiling is true continuous ducting in the Bayhill with fiberglass insulation filling between the trusses. In the Heartland Bighorn the the ducting is just cut out of the block insulation so there is no guaranty that someone did not cut it correctly and you have air leaks all over the place. He also showed me how the lower skirting that extends down on the sides below the fiberglass is completely wrapped and attached below the walls.

The central vac system in my opinion far exceeds the cordless Dyson that comes in the Bighorn. Also having the control panel immediately in the first cabinet inside the door is much better than Bighorn having it clear inside the kitchen cabinet.

I like the fact that since they are a very young company, the Bayhill sales manager is willing to make custom changes for me! 1st putting the 8000 lb axles from the Lifestyle on my 375Re Bayhill which I believe then also gives me the disc brakes. 2nd putting the Mor/ryde pin box on in place of the Trailair. 3rd upgrading the tires to Goodyear. He is also checking on whether they can put carpet in place of the linoleum in the living area. I would also mention that the areas where they do use carpet that the carpet has a residential foam pad and is not just the carpet.

We have never been inside a Bay Hill but were very interested in their 385BH. Unfortunately they are discontinuing that model this fall. We need a bunk model with an 18 cu ft or larger refrigerator but the 385BH offers only a 12 cu ft maximum. Lifestyle's Alpha Gold line has a 3805BH but it also is limited to a 12 cu ft refrig. We are disappointed since we hear many good things about the Evergreen/Lifestyle quality. We were told by the factory that they would not put a larger refrig. in the Bay Hill, but we have not as yet inquired about that possibility in the Alpha Gold.

Congratulations to you on finding a quality manufacturer that is willing to accommodate special construction requests from a customer.

Tags
evergreen