Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2015, 07:22 AM   #589

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt-thomas G View Post
let see water tank falling down water heater not working cable not working tv not working slides getting stuck out underpinning falling down vent motor going bad gas line plumb wrong there is a lot of issue if you take time to read the forum all of 42 post on here you will see there seem to be QC issue I am trying to see if they have corrected this yet (Mod edit).
Sir, I do believe you are confusing problems with the Bighorn and attributing them to the Bay Hill. These are all problems I have read here on this forum that the Heartland Bighorn has had in the past. Yes Bay Hill has had a few issues but not nearly as many as Bighorn. All brands have their issues. Bay Hill is not nearly as bad with QC as a lot of more well known brands.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #590

Quote:
so I take there isn't but a few owner on the 379fl on this forums then but thank you for responding but from two day reading there seem to be a QC issue at the factory and dealer
LT,
Sorry about the harsh exchange you had to experience. Here is my view on the QC question.

I would like to address your concern for QC. I am sure Evergreen, as every company, strives to roll out a quality product at a reasonable price. My wife and I read numerous forums and FB entries on 5th wheel units and as of this date we have been unable to find one person stating they bought a 5th wheel unit and have not experienced one single problem. I am not an expert on this subject but I feel every travel trailer is going to have issues so, for me, the manufacturer’s factory warranty and the dealers office ability to provide quality service after the sale becomes very important. Along that same line is the repair centers ability to get your unit back to you in a reasonable time becomes very important. Maybe I have been very fortunate Evergreen has authorized payment on every issue.

So does Evergreen have a QC issue? I don’t believe their QC issue is any more than that of their competitors. For me it is how they address your issues after the sale.

I have had my share of problems and when I find something I feel is a safety issue or I feel other Evergreen Bay Hill owners need to be aware of I post it. You will find there are other owners on here willing to doing the same thing.

Good luck to you and your wife

mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
I used window screens which I would think the screen will allow adequate air flow. What would be the results of the reduction in air flow? Why should I be concerned with back pressure?
Thanks for your reply. As for back pressure, my limited but memorable engineering encounters have indicated that the furnace blower is rated at a constant rpm and consequently at a specific cu. ft./minute of air flow. Since the blower is not a variable speed model (it is either on or off) the air must go somewhere while it is operating. If the air encounters a restriction at a normal exit it must find the another lesser restricted path. if all of its normal outlets are restricted, then it finds yet another path, one not originally programmed Not certain if this could have an adverse impact on the life of the blower -- maybe/maybe not. Then again, the window screen material may not impede anything. Thanks again.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #592

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCADesertRat View Post
Thanks for your reply. As for back pressure, my limited but memorable engineering encounters have indicated that the furnace blower is rated at a constant rpm and consequently at a specific cu. ft./minute of air flow. Since the blower is not a variable speed model (it is either on or off) the air must go somewhere while it is operating. If the air encounters a restriction at a normal exit it must find the another lesser restricted path. if all of its normal outlets are restricted, then it finds yet another path, one not originally programmed Not certain if this could have an adverse impact on the life of the blower -- maybe/maybe not. Then again, the window screen material may not impede anything. Thanks again.
Good point, I will keep an eye on my furnace and if I see anything unusual I will take the screens off one and a time till I resolve the problem and then I will let others know what NOT to do... thanks
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #593

Quote:
so I take there isn't but a few owner on the 379fl on this forums then but thank you for responding but from two day reading there seem to be a QC issue at the factory and dealer
Ok we bought this camper on July 6th from united Rv in ft.worth which is a 3 1/2 hour drive from our home...after leaving the dealership and getting near Canton which is about 1 1/2 hours from our home. The window in living room on the drivers side started flapping in the wind. So we stopped and found that the window was broke off from the bracket that holds the window closed. So we called the dealership and they told us to call a number and he would come to us and at least tape it down so we could get to the nearest dealership. But the guy couldn't meet us So we had to find somewhere to park the camper and unhook and go get some duct tape to fix it. Which we did! Then our dealership found a dealership in canton which was about 25 miles from us to fix it for us, we arrive at the dealership who told us they would have to order a whole new window because it couldn't be fixed so we found an Rv park there in canton and spent the night in the camper. That night while watching tv, my husband leaned back in the theatre seating and it broke. And I mind you he's a small man. Soaking wet he weighs 140lbs!!!! The first few weeks we called about the camper it was waiting for authorization from Evergreen to do warranty work. Now they are waiting for parts. We have already made our first payment and we still do not have our camper. So far, I am very disappointed
Old 08-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #594

Sounds like a rookie mistake Greengo, but I feel your pain. Did you guys stay in it for 1 night at the dealer to do a "shakedown" camp out? I've said this a 1000 times on here...DON'T LEAVE THE DEALER UNTIL YOU DO A COMPLETE SHAKEDOWN...and you can't do that unless you stay in it for at least 1 night...I did it for 2 days! We had a couple of minor things, but the dealer took care of them the 2nd day BEFORE we left. Once you drive off it will always fall under a "warranty" thing. What model did you guys buy?
Again sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I would have taken it back to the dealer the same day or night. You can still buy lemons!
I still have to say, Evergreen (Bay Hill) builds a good unit. We haven't really had any issues except 1 of the slide-outs since we bought it. Good luck
Old 08-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #595

Happy Camper

I have only been in my unit, 320RS, a month, but so far no problems at all. I cook at least twice a day, everything works fine. I work at night, and sleep during the day. So it's important to me that the unit stays cool during the heat of the day. This unit works wonderful in that regard. I am staying just outside of Orlando, so every day it is in the 90s. The window blinds make the bedroom dark as night time. My background is a Commercial Construction Superintendent. I feel like my unit at least is built extremely well, insulated well, and designed well. Only time will tell if the unit is built to handle everyday living.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #596

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
Sounds like a rookie mistake Greengo, but I feel your pain. Did you guys stay in it for 1 night at the dealer to do a "shakedown" camp out? I've said this a 1000 times on here...DON'T LEAVE THE DEALER UNTIL YOU DO A COMPLETE SHAKEDOWN...and you can't do that unless you stay in it for at least 1 night...I did it for 2 days! We had a couple of minor things, but the dealer took care of them the 2nd day BEFORE we left. Once you drive off it will always fall under a "warranty" thing. What model did you guys buy?
Again sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I would have taken it back to the dealer the same day or night. You can still buy lemons!
I still have to say, Evergreen (Bay Hill) builds a good unit. We haven't really had any issues except 1 of the slide-outs since we bought it. Good luck
We bought the 379FL. And the dealership didn't have a camp site like the other dealers we have used before. This is our 3rd new camper, our last camper was keystone Fuzion which was a toy hauler we had no problems out it. We just needed more living space then what the Fuzion had. Hopefully this will be the only issues we will have
Old 08-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #597

Evergreen Owners Club
We are about to pull the trigger. Awaiting a call tomorrow morning from the dealer. Says the Bayhill crew is figuring me a discounted price and that I will be very happy with the price and the new 5th! We are wanting the new 2016 275RE floor plan. Asked for several custom items that are not normally offered on the Bayhill line. They are very accommodating and really want the business. A small company just trying to make inroads with the big boys. I like that and if I stay happy will be one of the best ambassadors they could ever ask for. I would say our factory tour was well worth the seven and a half hour trip.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:06 PM   #598

Evergreen Owners Club
Pulled the trigger on the 375RE. I think we got a fantastic deal. Factory discounted the unit approx. 4500.00 for taking the tour and being frank with the sales manager. Got custom changes of carpet in living area ipo linoleum, spare to be alloy/aluminum ipo steel like the four on the floor, Goodyear tires ipo the Chinese junk, heat pumps on A/C which are normally only available on luxury units. I opted for the 18 cubic ft. Norcold fridge rather than the residentual with inverter. Dealer did his cost on the B&W hitch installed and also on the Splendide washer and dryer. This is a beautiful floor plan and is basically the reverse of front living with the added beauty of a patio door entrance!
The dealer says we are to stay one if not two days nearby for shake down. I did not even have to ask this. He says he recommends this to all buyers. I still believe small town dealers serving a large radius are the best. They want repeat business!
Old 08-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
Pulled the trigger on the 375RE. I think we got a fantastic deal. Factory discounted the unit approx. 4500.00 for taking the tour and being frank with the sales manager. Got custom changes of carpet in living area ipo linoleum, spare to be alloy/aluminum ipo steel like the four on the floor, Goodyear tires ipo the Chinese junk, heat pumps on A/C which are normally only available on luxury units. I opted for the 18 cubic ft. Norcold fridge rather than the residentual with inverter. Dealer did his cost on the B&W hitch installed and also on the Splendide washer and dryer. This is a beautiful floor plan and is basically the reverse of front living with the added beauty of a patio door entrance!
The dealer says we are to stay one if not two days nearby for shake down. I did not even have to ask this. He says he recommends this to all buyers. I still believe small town dealers serving a large radius are the best. They want repeat business!
Sounds exciting. Congratulations on the unit and the Dealer!!
For the Norcold 18 cu ft you may wish to visit the Grand Design Owners Forum. That Norcold is standard in the Solitude and there are a number of posts on how to correct the issue of the igniter not igniting the flame when on propane.
Cheers.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #600

Evergreen Owners Club
A very fine RV wax

My wife and I are getting ready for our much anticipated trip to British Columbia. All the mechanical aspects of our Bay Hill 320RS seem to be working quite well, so I think we're basically good to go.

In preparation, we've added some cooler weather clothing than what we are used to, but we've also had to subtract a bit of wine, beer, and other libations to make a smooth transit across the Canadian border. We'll also not be attempting to take eggs and poultry (bird flu concerns).

All the internal preparations aside, for some time I've been contemplating a maintenance task that most RVers dread: waxing the trailer or motorhome. With my 5th wheel washed, I divided up the waxing task into a four day project. I used a very fine product to complete the waxing, Macguire's #50 Marine / RV cleaner and wax. As long as the weather is cool or shady, the Maguire's goes on smoothly and wipes off very easily. The original colors, while not faded or degraded in any way, sort of pop out as if one were buying a newly prepped RV. If you're thinking about NOT paying $300+ to get a fine RV wax job, then I heartily recommend the Maguire's.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #601

Congrats Schrod...but if you full time or stay out for long periods, you may regret not opting for the residential fridge. I will never buy another RV without one. From time to time the Norcold temp will not be consistent. We had problems just making ice in the ice trays many times. Now with residential fridge we give out ice...have a much larger freezer, and in most areas we don't need bottled water since the water from the fridge door is twice filtered and tastes great...along with the good tasting ice. Other than the $$$, it's not a big deal to add the inverter. Good luck with your new Bay Hill and safe travels!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:47 AM   #602

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
Congrats Schrod...but if you full time or stay out for long periods, you may regret not opting for the residential fridge. I will never buy another RV without one. From time to time the Norcold temp will not be consistent. We had problems just making ice in the ice trays many times. Now with residential fridge we give out ice...have a much larger freezer, and in most areas we don't need bottled water since the water from the fridge door is twice filtered and tastes great...along with the good tasting ice. Other than the $$$, it's not a big deal to add the inverter. Good luck with your new Bay Hill and safe travels!
We live FT in ours and have never regretted the Norcold. We make ice with no problems. Our meats and ice cream stay frozen. We shut it off when we travel, sometimes up to 12 hours it is off and nothing defrosted or went bad.

RVn Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen