Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #603

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt-thomas G View Post
let see water tank falling down water heater not working cable not working tv not working slides getting stuck out underpinning falling down vent motor going bad gas line plumb wrong there is a lot of issue if you take time to read the forum all of 42 post on here you will see there seem to be QC issue I am trying to see if they have corrected this yet (Mod edit).
Lt-thomas G -

I haven't been on here lately but jumped on today and came across this post.

The 2013 and 2014 did have huge issues they were working out. I have a 2015 340RK. We have lived fulltime in it since September and have put around 15,000 miles on it. We do not have any of the issues that are from the earlier models.

Do we have minor ones? Yes. Every brand has issues. The issues we are having are the components from other manufacturers. The Schwintek slide motor gave us fits but we learned how to reset it. It is good now. The bedroom AC had a fan blade break. We contacted Evergreen and a new blade was sent to us. Working on getting a new Sharp Convention/Microwave because the glass steams in between and it makes a rattling noise. None of these are things that would have been found in brief tests at the Evergreen plant or the dealer trying them out.

I would buy another Bay Hill, and confidently recommend them to others as we often get requests to see inside.

As far as QC issues. This is everywhere. Whether it is a brand new RV, new car, appliances, even your burger from a fast food restaurant. It is hard to find people who take pride in their work. This generation does enough to just get by. Just enough to get their pay check. It is sad, and we will see quality work continue to dwindle in everything we buy.

RVn Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #604

Evergreen Owners Club
I am halfway through another exciting upgrade someone can do to any camper! In our Bayhill I have a nightstand on my side of the bed with an electric plug. It upsets my wife that she does not have a nightstand or a plug to plug in her phone or tablet.

So what I've done as you can see in the pictures is pulled off the fascia or decorative piece that is on the side of your slide and replaced it with some shelves. I build the shelves out of popular and stain them to match the rest of the camper. I pulled off the fascia which is just a decorative piece with a really long flat head screwdriver. It is secured by some glue and Brad's. After I got it off I cut a piece to put back on the shelves that I built. The shelves are hugely customizable. I put two up top for books but after the fact she decided she wants to put a water bottle in them. Water bottle barely fits in one of them so I will enlarge the single shelf towards the bottom , To accommodate the water bottle.

At the very very bottom I wired it for a plug. I have not completely work that part out yet but I'm going to run the wire from the other side of the bed and tie it into the plug that is on my side of the bed.

With this project I have learned that the decorative wooden pieces are stronger than you would think. And that if you want to put shelves on your slides, just pull off the decorative piece and you got a nice sturdy piece of plywood to work with.
Poplarwood is a relatively soft, light wood that is easy to work with, and is readily available in (mostly finished) pieces at Home Depot. not too expensive either.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440460946.331237.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	104583

Old 09-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #605

Ok it's is now September and our brand new Bay Hill is still at A Great Outdoors Adventure Rv Center in Wills Point Tx. They have had the parts for a couple of weeks now but they still yet to start on our camper. It's been over 8 weeks and still no camper. Even contacted Evergreen but not much help there either. So very frustrated
Old 09-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #606

update on Bay Hill

well we got pick up our camper up today from A Great Outdoor Adventure...and apparently we have the worse luck ever because the same window which was replace broke once again...but it was NOT the dealerships fault at all, they did a great job on our coach, they even fixed a couple of other issues we didn't even know we had. It is apparently very badly made window...but we not taking it back to be fixed because my husband has a fix for this and the fact we are going back to work and we need this coach right now...as far as everything else, everything seems very well made, will update all of you as soon as we get to start using it.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #607

Evergreen Owners Club
So glad you got your Bay Hill and finally were able to get home with it. Was it a latch on the window that keeps breaking? We are wanting to get our Bay Hill 5th ordered pretty soon so I was just wondering. Thx
Old 09-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
So glad you got your Bay Hill and finally were able to get home with it. Was it a latch on the window that keeps breaking? We are wanting to get our Bay Hill 5th ordered pretty soon so I was just wondering. Thx
yes it is the latch...it is really flimsy
Old 09-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #609

Evergreen Owners Club
I don't suppose you could post a picture of that flimsy latch? I would really appreciate it. When we did the plant tour I never even gave it a thought to look at the window latches. Thx
Old 09-08-2015, 09:12 PM   #610

Evergreen Owners Club
Check classifieds..need to sell our Bay Hill

I don't know if this is allowed.

Please check the classifieds on here for the listing of our 2015 Bay Hill 340RK. Due to job losses, we have to sell her.

Thanks,
Trudi
Old 09-27-2015, 10:16 AM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVn Texan View Post
Lt-thomas G -

I haven't been on here lately but jumped on today and came across this post.

The 2013 and 2014 did have huge issues they were working out. I have a 2015 340RK. We have lived fulltime in it since September and have put around 15,000 miles on it. We do not have any of the issues that are from the earlier models.

Do we have minor ones? Yes. Every brand has issues. The issues we are having are the components from other manufacturers. The Schwintek slide motor gave us fits but we learned how to reset it. It is good now. The bedroom AC had a fan blade break. We contacted Evergreen and a new blade was sent to us. Working on getting a new Sharp Convention/Microwave because the glass steams in between and it makes a rattling noise. None of these are things that would have been found in brief tests at the Evergreen plant or the dealer trying them out.

I would buy another Bay Hill, and confidently recommend them to others as we often get requests to see inside.

As far as QC issues. This is everywhere. Whether it is a brand new RV, new car, appliances, even your burger from a fast food restaurant. It is hard to find people who take pride in their work. This generation does enough to just get by. Just enough to get their pay check. It is sad, and we will see quality work continue to dwindle in everything we buy.
just curious how to reset the slide outs?
sandy
Old 09-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #612

All the money spent by customers was not to deal with huge issues. This trl bldg is not new tech. Spend thousands of dollars to be told yours is crap but we got it figured out now. Wonderful business model ! Build garbage for a couple of years but now we got it together ! Yeah right ! Everyone expects issues it goes with the territory but when it neever ends you just want to burn it to the ground !
Old 09-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #613

Evergreen Owners Club
Please tell us how to reset the slide out !
I have a 2014 340RK. After 15 months the Norcold fridg stopped working. No code on the front door. Two technicians told me that the cooling unit needed to be changed. There is no mobile unit around here to service the fridge and my RV cannot be moved. Because of it's size The fridg will not exit the door. It was probably installed before th slideouts were on the RV.
Using an old camping trick we turned the fridge upside down in the living room for 6 hours and back up in it's place for 3 hours. The refrigerant having circulated in the cooling unit, the fridg started and has been working well since then (2 weekes ago) But there is no guaranty as to how long it will work.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #614

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengo1 View Post
just curious how to reset the slide outs?
sandy
Hi Sandy -

We used the following 2 videos. These are for the Schwintek slide.

Hope this helps you.

Trudi
RVn Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #615

Evergreen Owners Club
Lippert slide out

Hi Sandy...

The two videos that Trudi provided are very informative.

My Bay Hill 320RS's kitchen slide stopped working while we were on a recent trip to British Columbia. This was the third time (and probably the last time!) this non-working slide situation has occurred. Looking from the inside of the trailer, the slide was vertically compromised so that the top of the slide was in a normal closed position but the bottom was tilted up. A mobile repair technician and his assistant used a floor jack and a couple of two-by-fours to level the slide from the outside. He used the motor override system to control the motors manually. Finally, the slide was returned to its normal closed position with firm instructions NOT to attempt to put it out until we could get trailer to a competent repair facility.

Prior to the temporary repair, when my wife and I attempted to bring the slide in, grinding sounds followed by two small "explosion" sounds could be heard. Had this occurred in British Columbia (near Whistler) we might still be there since the closest mobile repair was apparently located in Vancouver, many kilometers away.

To your question: resetting the slide motors can be done by holding in the SLIDE IN/OUT button an extra second or two when the slide is completely in or out. Apparently this procedure is designed to keep the slide motors in balance. I have read of this procedure in a few IRV postings and the information apparently came from a sales manager at an RV dealership.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #616

thank you so much..not having trouble yet but just in case

Tags
evergreen