Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #673

New to Bay Hill

Hello folks,

My DW and I are new to this thread and Bay Hill but not new to the rving world. We have owned pop ups, travel trailers and for the last 10 years FWs. We were looking for a front living room model as our retirement rig, but couldn't find one to our liking. Of course as we were looking for the frt living room we also saw a few other rigs and came across a new 2014 340RK. We both fell in love with the quality of the materials, the kitchen and the over all residential look. Darn!!!! I had thought we were only gonna buy a front living room. Lol!!!!
Anyway we did research on the company and was very interested in the comments on this thread and have found it very helpful in regards to what we will look for at our PDI in a few weeks.
We are going to see the rig (2 and a half hours away) this weekend to try out some switches, check some electrical plugs, push and pull some doors and I might even get underneath to look for any visible defects.
It is funny though.....from what we remember the build date for this unit we believe was in February 2014 (so about the time the 2015's should have started to come out), most 2014 340RK's don't have the window in the rear but ours does. Just wondering if this might be one of the last '14s prior to the new '15s being build.
Anyway we are hoping the QC has picked up by our build date. We are planning on staying close to the dealership when we pickup the rig for a couple of days and check the entire unit out before bringing it home. As we continue on our travels we will keep you updated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenInCA View Post
Not too much action going on in the Evergreen/Bay Hill section of the IRV2 forums, so I thought I'd post a repair or replacement question.

On my 2013 Bay Hill 320RS, the galley water drain handle located underneath the trailer and close to the sewer drain has detached from the frame. With the handle detached no matter how much pressure is applied the drain cannot be closed. At least in the open position any small amount of residual water can be collected in a bucket when stopping for the night, or if you're fast enough in the sewer drain hose. Why Evergreen thought this was an ideal position for the galley drain handle is beyond me.

Has anyone dealt with the handle detaching? When I get back from my yearly trip to Arizona in March, I'll have my service provider perform the repair. However, I'm also going to ask if the drain handle can be rerouted to the panel with the black water and gray water drain handles.

thanks...Ken
[/QUOTE]
Ken
I found out the hard way about leaking waste valves. Between campgrounds my black tank valve started leaking and when I opened the end cap to attach the waste hose.....you guessed it.....drenched. So now on all of my waste lines I put on one of these

Easy to put on and maintain and can be replaced as needed. It just twists on the end of the waste line and the hose is then twisted onto it. Once the hose is connected then open it up and if any waste has leaked it goes out the hose not onto the ground

Old 04-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #675

Hmmm URL DIDN't post
Old 04-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #676

It's called 'Valterra T58 Twist-On Waste Valve'. Ya can find it on Amazon, Campingworld etc
Old 04-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #677

Evergreen Owners Club
Waste valve

Thanks Tundra. I'll have to take a look at the Valterra product. I have the Valterra water pressure regulator and I'm very happy with it. I think they produce quality RV products.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #678

Evergreen Owners Club
Learned a valuable roof cleaning lesson today

Since I've owned my Bay Hill 320RS since 2013, I figured it was time to clean and condition the RV's roof before the really hot weather sets in. I used a product called B.E.S.T. Roof Cleaner and Conditioner. The cleaner did a very fine job of cleaning the roof and hopefully the conditioner will do its job as well.

What I learned was to have an escape plan from the slippery roof as well as having another person (my wife) in position and ready to wash the waxy residue from the trailer's exterior as the excess liquid is washed from the rooftop. The Bay Hill's shady sides were easily cleaned, but the one l-o-n-g side positioned in the sun proved to be a 3-hour cleaning chore. The residual conditioner baked into the exterior and took many trips up and down a tall ladder to undo the mess. On a positive note, the roof and trailer exterior are ready for the pleasures and vicissitudes of RVing.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:26 PM   #679

pdf manuals?

Does anyone know if pdf copies of Bayhill owner's manuals are available online. I have searched Evergreen's website but can't find any digital manuals. I have a 2015 Bayhill 340RK.

Thanks, Mike
Old 04-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #680

Evergreen Owners Club
Owner's manual

Mike...If you are the original owner of your Bay Hill, the Owner's Manual should have been part of the total information package provided by your selling dealer. The package would have included literature about your appliances, tires, etc. I recall having a check-off box on the pre-delivery inspection chart acknowledging that the dealer provided necessary warranty information as well as the Owner's Manual. I have not seen, however, any online PDF manuals, but I would think Evergreen would be willing to provide what you're looking by just giving their Customer Service a call.

Ken
Old 04-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp123 View Post
Thank you for the reply Faithbowls! I was also wondering if you or anyone else has leased a 1 ton before? It seems like the best way to go in my eyes, cheaper monthly payment, maintenance included... has anyone had issues with putting 5th wheel hitches on leased 1 tons? I seems silly to me that they wouldn't let you.. what else is a 1 ton for lol?
Thanks in advance!
Justin
No we did a trade in and the dealer got us good financing through Ally. Payments and insurance are high, but worth it!
Old 04-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #682

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
No we did a trade in and the dealer got us good financing through Ally. Payments and insurance are high, but worth it!
How good is your Ally rate?
Old 06-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #683

Be aware that Evergreen closed its doors today, Friday June 10th!
Old 06-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #684

Leasing a one ton truck unless you can write it off is not the way to go. Mileage restrictions are just one factor . Residual at end of lease. Better look like new when you turn it in. I leased a cae once believe me in the long run you don't save squat.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #685

Evergreen Owners Club
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptakerken View Post
Thanks for the update Triptakerken. The Elkhart Truth (Home - Elkhart Truth) has a very good article on the demise of Evergreen. The comments at the bottom of the page reveal some of economic concerns of the local citizenry as well as the rather uninformed comments blaming Evergreen's woes on the Obama administration. Truth be told, had Evergreen exercised better quality control at the manufacturing level and not tried to expand its 5th wheel and travel trailer product line (Tesla, Alfa Gold, Bay View, EverLite, etc.) at such an explosive rate, the company might have survived. The RV industry, in general, has rebounded nicely since hard times circa 2005-2010. Now, however, just think of the RV dealers who are now saddled with the Lifestyle branded albatrosses around their collective necks (to loosely paraphrase poet Samuel T. Coleridge). How truthful will they be with potential buyers that the parent company has gone out of business? To quote the Elkhart Truth article: "They {EverGreen} said warranties for EverGreen products would be voided and spare parts would no longer be available."

Ken
Old 06-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #686

Not surprised that they did this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptakerken View Post
The 2013 Bayhill I purchased showed poor workmanship by the employees, I experienced so many issues that I uncovered the first year! It's a nice fifth wheel now that the issues have been straightened out, worried that those employees may take their poor standards to the other RV companies in Elkhart!

Tags
evergreen