Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2016, 11:01 PM   #687

Evergreen Owners Club
They won't be taking poor workmanship with them to other rv mfrs. It is already there. Every damn one of them pays the Amish piecework instead of hourly for wages. They hurry so damned fast just to make a few lousy extra bucks. Quality will not improve until the companies insist on hourly wages instead of piecework wages.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2016, 11:55 PM   #688

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
They won't be taking poor workmanship with them to other rv mfrs. It is already there. Every damn one of them pays the Amish piecework instead of hourly for wages. They hurry so damned fast just to make a few lousy extra bucks. Quality will not improve until the companies insist on hourly wages instead of piecework wages.

This^^^

Old 06-12-2016, 12:17 AM   #689

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenInCA View Post
Thanks for the update Triptakerken. The Elkhart Truth (Home - Elkhart Truth) ........: "They {EverGreen} said warranties for EverGreen products would be voided and spare parts would no longer be available."

Ken
After living in mine full time for 11 months, I'm glad that I got one when it was available. As for spare parts; refrigerators, microwave, hot water heaters, tv's, etc are all 3rd party items.
I imagine those on dealer lots will become extremely good bargains.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:22 AM   #690

Bummer

I just recently bought the newer edition 2016 379fl and have been full time living in it for a few months. We love it and although it's unfortunate they closed their doors, all of the expensive things on the 5er are 3rd party. Lippert makes the slides and auto level which is one of the best companies in industry. All the appliances as mentioned above are 3rd party so warranty still stands with those. I am still happy I bought and I am sure the company will be bought out soon. IMHO (at least the newer models) are high quality units. My grandpa has traveled the world in everything from a 300k rv bus to 5ers similar to bay hill and had more issues with the bus than any 5er he ever owned (dozens). When you buy a house things go wrong, when you buy a house on wheels things go wrong. It's a lifestyle you choose and if your not handy and can't fix things that WILL go wrong then either make enough money to pay someone or don't get into the rv lifestyle. We are living in luxury and are very happy with our bay hill. Hope others are as well. Cheers
Justin
Old 06-14-2016, 08:05 PM   #691

Smile Bayhill 340RK

We bought our 2015 340RK in April 2015. We have had some minor warranty issues that were dealt with in our off season. Flint Hills RV in Andover,Ks has been very good to us. They sold us a 7 year extended warranty for what I considered to be a good price ($1900). It is a bumper to hitch coverage with no deductible and includes roadside service.
All in all we are very pleased with our Bayhill and our dealer, unfortunately they no longer sell Bayhills due to warranty coverage problems with Evergreen.
This has been our first new camper buy and consider us to be lucky to have such a good dealer, That seems to be the biggest factor.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:39 AM   #692

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenInCA View Post
Thanks for the update Triptakerken. The Elkhart Truth (Home - Elkhart Truth) has a very good article on the demise of Evergreen. How truthful will they be with potential buyers that the parent company has gone out of business? To quote the Elkhart Truth article: "They {EverGreen} said warranties for EverGreen products would be voided and spare parts would no longer be available."

Ken
So, I haven't checked in here for a while and had no idea Evergreen was going to close. Our dealer also stopped carrying them for the same reasons that someone mentioned above concerning warranty issues. We have a few things that we were planning to take ours in for to get ready for summer trips. We also paid for the highest extended warranty plan that was offered! :( Anyone know what this means for our warranty and trade-in value? Should be all be stressed over this?
Old 06-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #693

If your extended warranty plan is from an aftermarket company, then you should be OK there. From what I understand, all factory warranty are voided and they are no longer making parts. As for resale value, I can't say. Just take care of it and it will be worth more than one that isn't taken care of.
Airmech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #694

Do I need a slider hitch for 5th wheel

Hey guys and gals, I am getting ready to buy my truck (2016 Silverado 3500HD) to haul the 2016 Bay Hill 370FL. The truck will have a standard 6.5 foot bed. Those of you with bay hills, will I need a slider hitch or not? When I borrowed a truck to pull to first location I had a long bed and had waaaay more than enough clearance, with the extended king pin and the shape of the new rigs is it really necessary to have a slider? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Justin
Old 07-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #695

We have a 6' bed on our Dodge Ram and yes we have a sliding hitch. Gives us piece of mind when turning some of those sharp corners!

Our 5th wheel is the 365RL
Old 07-15-2016, 08:01 AM   #696

Like the previous poster we also bought a sliding hitch because we wanted the extra security of knowing it was there if we needed it. We have a 6.5 box as well and with our other fiver we had plenty of turning space but the other fiver also had the 88 degree turning nose where as the Bayhill 340RK that we now own does not advertise it and it is a little closer to the back cab.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:05 AM   #697

Excel Owners Club
I have a '13 Excel Winslow, not a Bay Hill. I tow with a '12 GMC 3500HD SRW with standard 6.5' bed and a non-sliding B&W Companion hitch. I have towed 50K miles in almost 4 years. I have not had any problems and have not needed a sliding hitch.

'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:47 PM   #698

Evergreen Owners Club
We've got a 379FL Bayhill and a Ram 3500 Dually Megacab shortbed and we have the B&W Companion hitch (no slider). We haven't came close to hitting the cab at all. Been in some pretty tight spots too.

Scott
powermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #699

powermaker - how much do you love your 379FL? We purchased a 2105 379FL and can't get enough camping with it.
Have you experienced any issues yet?
Old 07-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #700

Evergreen Owners Club
We absolutely love it. The only issue we've had was 3 blown tires on our way back from Charleston a couple of weeks ago. Had new tires put on yesterday and we're ready for our next trip!!

powermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen