Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2016, 07:44 PM   #715

Evergreen Owners Club
tires...

Hey KC...I took your tire swapping advice "last year" and changed out the original Chinese tires on my Bayhill and bought Goodyear ST tires. I think they are 10 or 12 ply. The Goodyears ride very smoothly and I've been lucky that the tire pressure has remained very steady. The original tires had begun to form bubbles on the sidewalls.

With Evergreen now out of business, are you going to be able to get repairs and parts for your RV?

Ken

KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #716

Tire Blow Outs

Hi guys, for those of you having blow outs, what brand tire are you talking about? my 2016 Bay Hill 379fl has Provider ST 235/80R16 tires and from what I have been reading are pretty decent tires. I will be traveling from WI to SC in a couple months and just wanted some input on the issues discussed. anyone on here know anything about the tires I named above?
Thanks much
Justin

Old 07-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #717

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp123 View Post
Hi guys, for those of you having blow outs, what brand tire are you talking about? my 2016 Bay Hill 379fl has Provider ST 235/80R16 tires and from what I have been reading are pretty decent tires. I will be traveling from WI to SC in a couple months and just wanted some input on the issues discussed. anyone on here know anything about the tires I named above?
Thanks much
Justin
I just got back from SC a few weeks ago and had 3 blowouts on my 379fl. They were the Provider ST235/80R16. I replaced them with 14 ply Sailun ST235/85/16 and hopefully won't go through anything like that again. It tore up some of my fender too. Wish I had replaced them before the trip. I had maybe 2000 miles on the Providers before they blew.
powermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:35 AM   #718

I had Westlake's on my Bay Hill that blew out!
Old 07-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #719

Blow outs

Hey powermaker, where did you buy the Sailun tires? Have you heard good things about them? It's never ending reading about st over lt tires on trailers this big so no idea what to do... I was not happy to read your post with the providers :( how fast were you driving when the blowouts occured? Any added info is appreciated. Thanks
Justin
Old 07-26-2016, 11:37 AM   #720

That's a good question, Evergreen has sold their building to Dutchman! If they would provide the suppliers name it would help everyone involved! I can't find any info on who their suppliers were. I took it in for repairs and they said they should be able to get fender flares! The metal is textured and it may be hard to match! While inspecting the slide the flooring has rotted away, everybody check the passenger slides! $$$ will have to submit a separate claim for that as well! It seems to never end with this money pit!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #721

What do you mean the flooring is rotting away? inside? outside? did it get wet some how? I don't seem to have any issues that I can notice. What model do you have?
Old 07-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #722

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Hey powermaker, where did you buy the Sailun tires? Have you heard good things about them? It's never ending reading about st over lt tires on trailers this big so no idea what to do... I was not happy to read your post with the providers :( how fast were you driving when the blowouts occured? Any added info is appreciated. Thanks
Justin
I did a ton of research and haven't found anyone who was dissatisfied with the Sailuns. I got them at my local tire shop, he had to order them so it took a couple of days to get them in. I think the total was around $568 for a set of 4. I was on I-75 running about 65 down Jelico mountain when the first one blew, 10 miles later I was going 35 coming off of an exit when the next one blew. And when I got home, a third one had a softball size bubble on the inside where the outer tire had split and the inner was bulging out almost ready to pop. Hope this helps.

Scott
Old 07-26-2016, 01:01 PM   #723

blown tires

Okay, thanks for the info. I would guess they blew on the driver side first? There must be a lot more weight on those tires because of the fridge, stove, pantry.... I will cross my fingers and hope to get to SC without issue on the Providers, I have less than 500 miles on them... I plan to make multiple stops on the way so ill keep a close eye. I will definitely swap them out in SC and go with the Sailun's. (keep me posted on how they work for you) Thanks much
Justin
Old 07-26-2016, 01:17 PM   #724

Evergreen Owners Club
Yes drivers side first, then passenger, then driver side again. Be careful on your trip.
Scott
Old 07-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #725

[QUOTE=jdoty;3179925]Just wanted to let everyone know about a place we went to.
See we had a blow out on our 2015 379fl Bay Hill. We was coming back for our Vac from Disney. We was one exit way from Defuniak Springs, Fl .
Anyway the people that help us recommended that we go to National Tire Brokers Corp there in Defuniak Springs, Fl. And let me tell you that the gentlemen that we talked to there said right off that those tires was not the right size for our 5th wheel. He took my husband in the shop and showed him the difference in the tires. Jim I believe his name was , he recommended LT235/85-16 Hercules H901 ALL STL LRG , I believe that they are 14 ply, so that is what we replace all our tires with. Jim was just the sweetest man. He had us pull up to one of his bay and plug in our unit why we waited on getting the tires change. They even help us out on fixing the underbelly enough to get us back to Texas.
Jim took my husband to the bay and showed him where to plug in and told us if we where ever going that way again and need a place to stop to spend the night just come there and pull up and plug in.
You just don't meet too may people like that.
Thank you Jim at National Tire Brokers for all the help.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:30 PM   #726

Quote:
Okay, thanks for the info. I would guess they blew on the driver side first? There must be a lot more weight on those tires because of the fridge, stove, pantry.... I will cross my fingers and hope to get to SC without issue on the Providers, I have less than 500 miles on them... I plan to make multiple stops on the way so ill keep a close eye. I will definitely swap them out in SC and go with the Sailun's. (keep me posted on how they work for you) Thanks much
Justin
All mine blow on the passenger side first and my fridge, stove, pantry is on the driver side. I think it is the junk tires
Old 07-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #727

I have a 2013 Bayhill RS320 the slide has Strand board rather than plywood! The water ran down the seal to the bottom and leached to the strand board, everytime you run it out it flakes off and is dragging on the carpet! "L" channel would of prevented this! You can see daylight when it's ran out!
Old 07-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #728

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoty View Post
I want to thank everyone with there help. My husband and myself are new to this but we are hearing good help from everyone.
It just gets frustrating deal with a dealer that it seems that you know more then they do at times. Don't get me wrong our dealer has been a lot of help on things and most of the problems was not even them it was the manufacturers that build this Bay Hill. Form the framing company to Bay Hill. But I stood my ground with them and told them I didn't care who I step on that I would do what I had to do to get them to fix things like they should. I sure they did not like hearing from me everyday as I was not always nice about it. See my husband worries to much so I take care of things as much as I can. I always try to look for some answers they we set down and talk about it. It just works for us.
I just don't like being put on the back burner to get things fix.

We do have a question? So when we had this flat on our 5th wheel the people that came from our insurance company said that it is one of the worst company they have ever dealt with. Those people was right on that as it took use over an hour because they kept saying that we never called them, as we would keep calling them back. It was a night mare. Finally the Highway Patrol said he would put a call in and see if they could fine someone to help us. See after a hour that this guy came to help , it was about that must time because he had to go back and find a tire because he did not has that size tire. But any way the insurance people that came to help said that they could not tow , they don't do tires and all they could do was work on the underbelly to get it so we could get off to the next exit.
Well ! that was the nightmare on that So just wondering what other people was using for roadside assistance for there 5th wheel.

Like I said we are new to all this and we are wanting to do some traveling but like to have things lined up with out having to all the time when something happens.

Thank you again for all the help that we have been getting as it is really appreciated

Jolene
I have Good Sam's for road service! We had a flat on I-26 mile marker 40 in TN! It took about 90 minutes to have someone change our tire and get us back on the road!

Tags
evergreen