Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #729

My blowout was on the passenger side, not the appliance side!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 11:10 AM   #730

Jdoty and powermaker

Hey powermaker do you the model number on the Sailuns by chance? Is it S637? How many miles you have on them thus far?

JDoty, thanks for your response. Its so confusing as some dealers will only put ST tires on but then some recommend LT tires... how have the hercules h901 tires working for you? How many miles have you put on them?

Thanks
Justin

Old 07-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #731

Tires

I just talked to multiple camping world's and tire shops and was told by all but one that you should not put an LT tires on a trailer. I was told to keep the providers on and get a tpms, so that's what I did! Less than 300 bux for a tst tpms with a repeater and replaceable batteries. I will now be able to see the pressures real time and know when to stop before anything happens. I would highly reccomend this guys because a 300 dollar tpms is a hell of a lot cheaper than having to fix slide outs and metal that is no longer available to us... all the companies I talked to said the biggest problem people have are not keeping the tires properly inflated. I will make sure my providers are 80 psi cold and Ill see how they do in a few months when I head to SC. I also have good sam with roadside so hopefully won't be needing that. Cheers!
Justin
Old 07-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #732

Evergreen Owners Club
The TPMS is fine but I don't think most of these blowouts are caused by wrong psi. I think the tread starts separating and then coming off for the most part. I have seen a few pics that the tread seemed to be intact but what about a bubble lump developing and blowing? That is not an increase or decrease in pressure either.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #733

Evergreen Owners Club
My pressures were checked before each trip, the last tire that split and bubbled was still at 80psi when I took them off. The outsides will go first so I'm not sure the tpms will alert you of that.
powermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:40 PM   #734

Lol what a headache... so I bought my 5er from American rv in grand rapids mi (which i highly recommend) I talked to kirk today who is head of service department. since evergreen shut their doors he told me he will grant all bay hill warranties and will never leave me hangin. He has already bent over backwards to make things happen, fixing things here and there, even allowing a local mobile guy to fix something and reimbursed me since I live 300 miles away, so i definitely trust him. He did say that without a doubt he would put 14 ply LT tires on the 5er. he has only heard good things about them and has them on his own 5er. So........ I guess I am going to order those hercules h901 tires and use the providers as spares. Still looking forward to the tpms, at least if a tire gets a nail or something in it the tst tpms will alert me if pressure drops.
Cheers
Justin
Old 07-28-2016, 07:35 AM   #735

I'm so glad we have this site to share and troubleshoot our problems, If anyone has info about the suppliers for the Bayhill please share any info with us! Tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks KCinfl
Old 07-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #736

TPMS is only good if you have a tire that's getting a flat while towing. Last year I was staying overnight at an RV park. The next morning I did a walk around of the 5er. I noticed one tire with a bulge on the tread. I swapped it out for the spare and down the road had it removed and replaced with new tire.
Had the bilge blew I would've had a mess. TPMS wouldn't of noticed the bulge and the PSI would've stayed the same till it blew.
TPMS are good if the tire pressure is dropping but won't help in a sudden blowout.
It's still better than nothing though.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp123 View Post
Hey powermaker do you the model number on the Sailuns by chance? Is it S637? How many miles you have on them thus far?

JDoty, thanks for your response. Its so confusing as some dealers will only put ST tires on but then some recommend LT tires... how have the hercules h901 tires working for you? How many miles have you put on them?

Thanks
Justin
Not sure of the miles. Got them in Florida and traveled from there to Fort Worth , Texas. So far they have worked out great, my husband is very happy with them.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp123 View Post

Thanks
Justin
Not sure if this posted. I'm not sure of the miles, but we got them in Florida and then traveled to Fort Worth ,Texas. They where great and my husband was very happy with them.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #739

I just got back a estimate for the damage from the tire blowout! Can't find parts everything will have to be custom made! He first guessed $2-3000 but since everything is now custom $7400! 😭
Old 07-29-2016, 07:18 AM   #740

There is no way ide pay that. Are you handy at all? You could fund someone else to do that job for nowhere near that....
Old 07-29-2016, 07:22 AM   #741

Evergreen Owners Club
That lower skirting is just aluminum with a couple small bends and then painted. I am sure there are brands out there that are almost identical. Grand Design for one on their Solitude line. Then painted and you can match the paint easy.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:27 AM   #742

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcinfl View Post
I'm so glad we have this site to share and troubleshoot our problems, If anyone has info about the suppliers for the Bayhill please share any info with us! Tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks KCinfl
A lot of parts are from Lippert and you can deal directly with their customer service. Before Evergreen sank I was trying to get the right rear leveling jack replaced. Bay Hill sent me the wrong one and supposedly were sending me the correct one when they shut the doors. I went online to Lippert Industries and called the number listed. Told them my predicament and they were very understanding and helpful. They sent me the correct leveling jack under warranty albeit it took about two weeks as they were temporarily out of stock. But I still feel that is great service.

Tags
evergreen