Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2016, 07:32 PM   #743

I hope that all Bay Hill owners will keep each other up to date on problems and how they got them fixed and where to get things fixed and where to get parts , as we all are in the same boat.
Can't trade in as we would lose way to much money.
It is just a pain to always had to all the time to fix things

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #744

Thanks for the info about Grand Design I've forwarded it to the body shop owner! Progressive Insurance didn't hesitate to pay this! $500 deductible! I will be replacing the flooring on the slide when I get it back not an easy task but $3500 is a lot of money, I've figure I can do this for less than $500!

Old 07-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #745

Evergreen Owners Club
2016 Bay Hill 375RE -New to RVing

We are the proud owners ( of a 2016 375RE!
We purchased our unit from A&S in MI , we pulled it with our new Dodge 3500 straight back to Florida. The pull was easy but we were wishing right away why we did not pay attention to the size of the gas tank

We are new to RV and neither have ever owned one before, or even stayed in one prior to making our choice. We like many others here were swayed by the floor plan. The Space, the quality that we found after walking through about 120 others throughout the area.

We have moved our unit only twice and plan to spend a large portion of our life in here.
Unfortunately, we too have found ZERO quality control from Evergreen --and we purchased our unit ONE DAY before they announced they were out of business. We fortunately opted for a 7 year extended warranty and here within our first 50 days have had to utilize it already.
Our gray tank fell out, not even sure how that happened sitting still??
We had a big water leak that was from the connections on the hot and cold each in the shower (of course on the backside) so we had to get a wall cut out already. Not only that but both our main a/c (brisk) and our bedroom a/c have quit. :( Did I mention we are in Florida -lol not to mention my new ventless Splendide washer went out and the repair guy had to carry it (with my husbands help) out the door and to his shop--
The cable was mis-wired for TV and we get no Surround sound from our tv to our Factory installed Jensen DVD.
We have found a great repair guy that does on site, or to us being newbies he seems to be great. My husband assist him so that we can learn as much as we can about this unit, as we will be traveling for his work.
Let's just say we are for sure learning more than we ever wanted to know about our RV! LOL Not to mention, after asking the selling dealer for operation books, we have yet to receive nothing. I had to google them all that I could find.
But we are holding on to that glimmer of hope and light, that after all these initial repairs our unit will prove to be better than it ever was. I really just cannot imagine parting with my kitchen
I am so happy to have found this site and have read near 50 pages of conversations in this group.... either my eyes crossed or I over looked it before I realized the importance of knowing the suppliers for the things that are not covered by our Route66 extended service agreement.
Does anyone know the supplier of the wall boards. Our paper is bubbling on the sides of the slide of the kitchen table and if I can find a supplier, we would like to see about ordering several wall boards because we fear we may not be able to find parts and pieces later down the line.
Has anyone had an issue with surround sound? Ours works great with DVD, just not when we switch to the TV....

Anyone with answers please post here, I am sure everyone will be as grateful as we will be
Old 07-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #746

Evergreen Owners Club
For the Jensen to have surround sound. Google Jensen for RV's. Then download the instruction manual. I just finally got mine to working two days ago. We also have a 375RE. I am not having the issues you are. However, I did notice that the bottom of the kitchen slide is like thick cardboard paper and the rollers are already wearing through this and we have not put the slide in and out more than half a dozen times. I am thinking of rolling on that armour coating they use in the beds of pickups. I can roll and brush it on and then cover with wax paper and roll again to make it really smooth and not bumpy like in a pickup bed. We also feel let down and screwed over. They were turning out a quality product and then something happened. Everything turned to ****. I had special ordered ours. I think with the heavier axles and disc brakes, larger tires and A/C's with the heat pumps we maybe got just a little better quality control than the standard run of the mill assembly line crap they were turning out in the end. We have had small issues but I can fix them. Funny we did a tour of the plant last August 2015 and it had looked like the quality was there then.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:13 AM   #747

On the A/C issues I've had a couple of problems with them going out. I removed the return covers where the filters are and disconnected the power supply for 30 seconds and reconnected and they both started working, this idea was given to me from a RV tech! (Good Luck) he said this is basically a reset! I tried just turning the breaker off but that didn't work!
The other problem was the thermostat was blank,(Control Circuit)nothing worked, checked 12 volt battery and it was dead I hooked up battery charged and it worked, found A/C to D/C converter was bad,!had to switch out $120. (I have done this twice in three years)
Old 07-31-2016, 04:09 PM   #748

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcinfl View Post
On the A/C issues I've had a couple of problems with them going out. I removed the return covers where the filters are and disconnected the power supply for 30 seconds and reconnected and they both started working, this idea was given to me from a RV tech! (Good Luck) he said this is basically a reset! I tried just turning the breaker off but that didn't work!
The other problem was the thermostat was blank,(Control Circuit)nothing worked, checked 12 volt battery and it was dead I hooked up battery charged and it worked, found A/C to D/C converter was bad,!had to switch out $120. (I have done this twice in three years)
Next time trip the breaker but also pull the 12 volt fuse for the wall control. This would be a complete reset and you don't have to open the A/C and disconnect the wiring....I think you just turn off the wall control and wait for the little green light to go out. About 10 seconds or so then you can turn the A/C back on. I have had to do this numerous times when trying to run on the auto fan selection. Sometimes I can run for a long time on auto and then sometimes I can not. I do not understand this at all.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:02 PM   #749

Jensen surround sound

For surround sound you have to do the following:

Turn tv on, go to menu, arrow over to audio, turn tv speaker to OFF, arrow over to setup, change audio out to fixed. Now turn on your jensen system, push source until you get to rear aux.
Should now have surround sound.
FYI Now only the jensen remote will control volume.
hope this helps!
Justin
Old 07-31-2016, 06:42 PM   #750

We had same audio issue, did yes but no tv - I asked for help but no one seemed to have answers and that was prior to joining this forum. I wound up having a trim carpenter build me a cabinet on either side of fireplace and I put an audio system in with processor, blu-ray, Satelite receiver and line conditioner. Installed a small subwoofer and (3) speaker sound bar above tv and it's amazing.
We have a 379FL and have had minor issues but like anything in life nothing's perfect and we love our unit. We also purchased a 5 year extended warranty - Thank goodness. We love our BayHill I just wish they didn't go out of business!
Old 07-31-2016, 06:50 PM   #751

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp123 View Post
For surround sound you have to do the following:

Turn tv on, go to menu, arrow over to audio, turn tv speaker to OFF, arrow over to setup, change audio out to fixed. Now turn on your jensen system, push source until you get to rear aux.
Should now have surround sound.
FYI Now only the jensen remote will control volume.
hope this helps!
Justin
You don't have to shut off the tv speaker, at least I did not. I just followed the instructions in the download manual from Jensen. Piece of cake if you follow their procedure but almost impossible if you don't have their instructions to follow.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:24 AM   #752

Just a note that the Carriage owners forum has also united with the evergreen owners. It has a lot of info and the more owners of our orphaned rvs feeding it information will make the difficult problem of finding parts and repairs a little easier. Take a look and hope all the evergreen owners join up
Old 08-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #753

Evergreen Owners Club
Tires

With many folks mentioning tires and blow out issues, it leaves us concerned. I went out and noticed we have the ST 235/80R16...
We picked up our Bay Hill on June 10 and drove it 1067 miles south. I am wondering if we were lucky on these tires. Since then it has been moved twice.With my husbands work, we will be moving it at the end of this project and we are now considering being a bit proactive and switching out the tires. We are wondering if we should also switch out the wheel size while we are at it??
When we do relocate it, again it will be sitting for sometime before we move again and the last thing we want is a blow out--
If anyone has advice it is appreciated and I would like to know if anyone has moved up to a 17 from a 16 ?
thanks
Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #754

It's not the tire size that matters. It's the rating / number of plies. Get a G rated tire with 14 plies. Very durable. I have Goodyear's. Apparently they're not available in 15", so some people move up to 16". Some people upgrade axles and go with 17.5" wheels so they can get H rated truck tires. G rated 16" tires are plenty tough enough.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:42 PM   #755

Evergreen Owners Club
Thanks, while hubby was at work I unscrewed it from the cabinet and wired it up correctly. Works great.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:57 PM   #756

Evergreen Owners Club
Been a while since I been on here, Reading some posts & in regards to slide floors. I suggest coating them with marine grade paint or at least silicon on the edges . Ours rotted from the under side as someone mentioned.there is not any protection from the rain running down the outside wall & leaching in as said.
Bay hill replaced our floors at no cost at the service center in Middelton In. Along with anything we said was wrong,( all led lights, hydraulic leak on jack ) We were fortunate as when we picked it up we had concerns about no protection on the undersides of floors, that is when they told us they were closing the doors the next day.
We stayed across the street for a couple days to get thing s situated & I met a guy that worked for a few companies & told me they were all the same,they piece work out & quality is not a major concern.I also found out that
Thor has bought out most manufactures.
Not to ramble on.We finally sold our place & full time now since last Fall. Going back to Yuma for the winter,currently in Idaho.
We have no regrets in our BayHill & plan to keep for sometime. I do most all my own maintenance & repairs. If I can help don't hesitate to ask.
As far as tires,my trailer is much lighter than most and I opted for LT. No problems.
Gordon

Tags
evergreen