Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #771

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr RVing it View Post
We noticed the broken and snapped off screws also.
In addition, our little window by the sofa, frameless and not on a slide, started leaking ..
Any one know how to stop this...??
Due to rain here in PCB, my husband put some tape on it...silver taped the entire top and sides....

Our hinged door will not close right. It is so difficult and we have to keep slamming it to get it to catch...is there an adjustment for this?

As always we appreciate your help and feedback
I have the 375RE and I don't recall any window not in the slide as both slides do have windows. Please can you be more specific? Are you referring to the window to the right of the dual recliners under the cabinets? The one marked EXIT? You do have the red handle secured in the holding bracket, correct?
Also are you referring to the entry door? First spray some white lithium grease on the latch mechanism and spray inside it while holding the handle so the latch is retracted. This will make a huge difference. If spraying with the white lithium grease into the mechanism does not resolve the hard latching, then yes you can loosen the screws holding the latch the door catches on and move it ever so slightly outward and then retighten. Be careful not to over tighten. So often screws holes can be stripped out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #772

Under slides

Hey Gordond, any word on what your going to use for under the slides? How close are you going to get to the rollers? Just wondering if the rollers will be affected... and if you can't get all the way back behind the rollers isn't that all going to break through and still have issues from the rollers?
Thanks
Justin

Old 08-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #773

Just caulk the top of the window. We had to do this to all our frameless windows.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:13 PM   #774

Under slides

Anyone have any idea yet on what we can put under the slides?? I feel like a bedliner brush on or marine paint will keep water from getting into the cheap strand board but the board will probably still break down underneath. Any input is appreciated!
Justin
Old 08-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #775

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp123 View Post
Anyone have any idea yet on what we can put under the slides?? I feel like a bedliner brush on or marine paint will keep water from getting into the cheap strand board but the board will probably still break down underneath. Any input is appreciated!
Justin
I am planning on the bedliner. I am going to roll it on from the rollers on out. I am going to cover it with wax paper and then roll it again with a hard roller such as a kitchen rolling pin. I do not want texture in it. I want an ultra smooth surface so the rollers can roll. I will initially have to brush it on next to the rollers as I do not believe I can get very close to them using a roller for application. I am also then going to add some type of rubber seal to keep water out when the slide is in while driving if the highway is wet. As of now there is nothing to keep splash from the wheels off.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #776

Under slides

When do you plan on doing this? Let me know how it goes and what brand you use. Thanks
Justin
Old 08-18-2016, 03:03 PM   #777

Mine has a gloss black surface. Not sure what it is. Yes rubber D seals around the edges - they must have forgotten that. Go for the heavy duty rubber, not the flimsy foam D
Old 08-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #778

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
Mine has a gloss black surface. Not sure what it is. Yes rubber D seals around the edges - they must have forgotten that. Go for the heavy duty rubber, not the flimsy foam D
That gloss black finish is just that super hard pressed paper like product maybe 1/16 inch thick. Maybe not even that thick. I ordered a gallon of Rustoleum brand from Wal-mart. Cost was 63 dollars. I have to pick up the wax paper and a cheap kitchen rolling pin. As soon as the weather is conducive to working on this I am your Guinea pig.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #779

schrod

Sounds good! definitely keep me posted! if you could post pics as well that would be great! I have to do this for 5 slides so hopefully its not too time consuming. Thanks much
Justin
Old 08-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #780

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I have the 375RE and I don't recall any window not in the slide as both slides do have windows. Please can you be more specific? Are you referring to the window to the right of the dual recliners under the cabinets? The one marked EXIT? You do have the red handle secured in the holding bracket, correct?
Also are you referring to the entry door? First spray some white lithium grease on the latch mechanism and spray inside it while holding the handle so the latch is retracted. This will make a huge difference. If spraying with the white lithium grease into the mechanism does not resolve the hard latching, then yes you can loosen the screws holding the latch the door catches on and move it ever so slightly outward and then retighten. Be careful not to over tighten. So often screws holes can be stripped out.
Yes the window under the cabinets here on my right side of this recliner facing the tv. Ours is not on a slide. We did add proflex rv, however the repair man advised me to call the window mfg and have them reseal it. We are in Florida, we do not plan on opening the windows... I will call on Monday and keep all updated on what happens with the window. Little by little we are getting everything repaired. Fallen tanks, we added straps (2-3) on each tank, in addition to putting them back in the bracket. The leak was resolved by cutting an access panel through the closet wall and screwing in the hoses to the respective hot and cold connections, apparent lack of quality control at the plant. Both air conditioners were replaced by their manufacturer.
Now we only have the issue of breaker flipping from the vacuum and leaky window.
Other than our initial hell, we are still optimistic and loving this floor plan. Our next mission is to invest in slide toppers, we are thinking we can install these on our own......any suggestions on type or install is appreciated.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #781

Evergreen Owners Club
I have the slide toppers but they were installed at the factory. You can't put one on the living slide under the rear awning. The awning will catch on it when you put it out.
I understand now which window you are talking about. That is an emergency exit window. I have had no window leaks. My basement doors do leak a little when we get heavy wind blown storms. It is because of the way they close in the center. I hope we never have the tank drop problem. I thought they had resolved that problem.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #782

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp123 View Post
Sounds good! definitely keep me posted! if you could post pics as well that would be great! I have to do this for 5 slides so hopefully its not too time consuming. Thanks much
Justin
You say you have to do all 5 slides? My bedroom slide has a gelcoat bottom. I would think yours is also gelcoat.
At the present time I am only doing the kitchen slide as it is the only one showing roller wear. I think it is extremely heavy.
I will try to get pics and post when I do do this project.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #783

under slides

Yeah I looked under all 5 slides on my 2016 Bay Hill 379fl... the bedroom under slide had the same black cheap board.. no gel coat were you able to figure out what that white gel coat was? It just floors me (no pun intended) how they wouldn't put this gel coat your talking about under all the slides Just another thing to deal with...
Hey Gordond, when they replaced your floor that rotted, did they coat the under side??? Did they do anything different? otherwise it's just going to rot again keep me posted guys.
Thanks
Justin
Old 08-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #784

what do you guys think about this?
Insl-X 1 gal. Satin Rubber-Based Black Swimming Pool Paint-RP2720 - The Home Depot

it resists mildew and algae and cheaper than the stuff you got schrod.

Tags
evergreen