Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #99

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I do not have a Bay Hill but there are easy adjustments that can be made on my slides. Look at the mechanism and you may see what I am talking about. Should be two nuts. One on each side if the slide bracket. One nut gets backed off then the other nuts gets tightened.

IMHO - that gap should not be there.
Thank you for the input about the slides, but the Bay Hill has a different slide mechanism. My last 5er had the rods with the adjusting nuts but not this one. The Bay Hills have the Schwintek In-Wall Slideout. There is nothing in the manual about maintenance or adjustments.

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #100

Evergreen Owners Club
Hi Long Trip
Trident that and the screws were loose but the damage was already done the gears and or the windings are shot so they need replacing just can't find the motors. Evergreen is not sure but they are trying to find out so they can replace them.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #101

We are having a problem with the hot water heater after three weeks of smooth sailing (this is our first time in our 2014 320RS). It worked this morning but after our showers my wife noticed water coming from the vicinity of the box that houses the hot water heater. Although the box appeared damp, it was not wet and the water had stopped by the time we were able to open up the cover. Now the hot water heater does not light and the fault light does not come on at all. We checked all of the fuses and they are not blown. We also unplugged and replugged the connector with no success. We also checked the fuse in the power wire and it is not blown. We called our dealer and his tech walked us through all of the trouble shooting steps above and still no luck. Our propane tanks are full and gas is flowing to the stove. If anyone has any suggestions we would certainly appreciate it. We are staying in our 5W for the next two weeks so it would be nice to have hot water. Thank you.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by long trip View Post
We are having a problem with the hot water heater after three weeks of smooth sailing (this is our first time in our 2014 320RS). It worked this morning but after our showers my wife noticed water coming from the vicinity of the box that houses the hot water heater. Although the box appeared damp, it was not wet and the water had stopped by the time we were able to open up the cover. Now the hot water heater does not light and the fault light does not come on at all. We checked all of the fuses and they are not blown. We also unplugged and replugged the connector with no success. We also checked the fuse in the power wire and it is not blown. We called our dealer and his tech walked us through all of the trouble shooting steps above and still no luck. Our propane tanks are full and gas is flowing to the stove. If anyone has any suggestions we would certainly appreciate it. We are staying in our 5W for the next two weeks so it would be nice to have hot water. Thank you.
OK. Once again my lovely wife solved the problem. My wife read the troubleshooting guide and it suggested resetting the ECHO Switch and it worked! Note: It was the last thing they suggested in the owner's manual troubleshooting guide for issues pertaining to the hot water heaters. By the way, she called Atwood customer service for tech support and was on hold for 40 minutes before they answered the call. By that time she had solved the problem. On another note, the dealer we bought the unit from was extremely helpful and found some RV repair shops that would service our unit in the area we are staying. He also had his tech walk us through the initial troubleshooting procedures well after office hours. So the effort was there they just have not had the experience in working with the Atwood hot water heaters which will be a similar issue for most RV dealers since the Bay Hill is a new product. By the way, we called Evergreen for tech support. They were very nice but referred us to the Atwood customer service indicating that they would be more useful to us. Hope this helps others with similar problems.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #103

Evergreen Owners Club
long trip,
Glad you got the hot water heater fixed. Is yours the tank less or the old fashion tank type?
Old 01-16-2014, 06:40 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO5ER View Post
long trip,
Glad you got the hot water heater fixed. Is yours the tank less or the old fashion tank type?
It is the tank less hot water heater.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #105

Hello fellow bay hill owners

Hello all, I just purchased the 2014 Bay Hill 340RK which is currently in production and will be ready the end of February. I have read all post on this forum and very interested to see the fix lists you guys have put together for ideas of what to look for when I do the walk though. I will be living in the unit nearly full time with my wife in Colorado with possible extreme winter conditions. I have not read very much on how well the bay hills perform in the cold so any input you have would be greatly appreciated. This is my first 5th wheel so any tricks of the trade would also be appreciated. I have done a ton of research on trailer living so I think I am pretty well prepared but on these particular units I have not seen a whole lot. As far as option go on the bay hill I had them replace the tank-less water heater with a standard 10 gal. 5th wheel water heater after reading all the issues. I know the unit has the space to put a full size wash dryer (side by side) but I am not sure if you can get them through the door. So in the next week or two I will go to the dealer and take some measurements for that and see if I can replace the main TV with my TV I currently own. I am excited to be in the Bay hill owner club and hope to help you all out as well when I get my 340RK and learn from experiences.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #106

Evergreen Owners Club
Congratulations on your new fifth wheel, just wondering why you wouldn't want the tankless water heater?
We have a 385BH with the Girard tankless and love it, yes there was a few issues at first but if you purge the lines, make sure the outside shower is turned off and the propane regulator is set at 11 lbs it works great, we just had to find a tech that knew what he was doing.
If you can have an upgrade done in my opinion it would be to change the the bathroom vents to a better vent system.
As far as how they do in the cold weather, we have been in some cold conditions but no snow and it seems to do fine.
As with any coach I suggest you learn everything you can so you can do most of your own repairs especially if you are full timing, never know when you you might be someplace with no repair center close by.
Anyway have happy travels when you get your new Bay Hill.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #107

Evergreen Owners Club
Hi rrunco...

Here are a few items to have the walk-thru person go over with you or for you to take a special look at:

Note the location of the gray water dump valve. The valve will be located to the left of the sewer drain but was NOT labeled on my Bay Hill and on other users' 5th wheels.

Cable TV/Satellite connectors are not labeled near the city water inlet. Also, Bay Hill users have noted that the wiring (or miswiring) does not allow a signal to be received by the television(s).

VERY IMPORTANT...check the proximity of the fender skirt edges to the tires. The skirt edges on my trailer were about 1/16" from the tires which is too close.

* And last, if you purchased your trailer with a Lippert auto-leveling system, make certain you get a full demonstration and no error codes are displayed during the extending and retracting process.

Ken
Old 01-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #108

Evergreen Owners Club
Hello rrunco and welcome. One other thing for you to put on your list. Since you are getting the washer/dryer, the dealer will have to hook up the water and drain lines. Or have the dealer see if they will do it at the factory during the build. They come with the water valves and the drain line in the wardrobe, but they terminate in the front basement compartment. In other words, hot and cold water needs to be run to the connections in the basement, and a drain line from the basement to the grey tank.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracers31 View Post
Is there anything that can be applied to the outside surface to help extend the life of the vinyl graphics on our BayHill
When we purchased our Bay Hill from the dealer, we had Xzilon RV Protector applied. This is supposed to help everything... extreme sun, the decals, bugs etc. So far we are happy with it
Old 01-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #110

Evergreen Owners Club
We also had the dealer apply the exterior treatment, so far so good.
Having owned a detailing business for several years, the best thing is to keep the coach clean and wax it with a good quality wax (paste or liquid) just make sure it has a UV protector in it and NEVER, NEVER use a high power sprayer to wash the coach, it just strips wax off and if the wrong tip is used can peel paint, decals and possibly damage gel coat especially if a fine spray tip is used, I have seen it and it isn't pretty.
I can recommend a waterless cleaner if interested, I know people say it is bad for the surface and that is true for most. The brand I use encapsulates the dirt and floats the dirt in the solution and you wipe it off with microfiber towels only.
It will leave a light coat of wax on the finish and takes a fraction of the time to clean the coach.
I do this about once a month and takes me about an hour to do my 41' coach and wax it about twice a year.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #111

Smile

Well, we are back from a week long trial trip after warranty repairs. It was nice to have satelite tv. The tankless water heater made "hot" water, although it sure wastes a lot of water. If we were boondocking it would fill the gray tank in a few days, also I wonder how much propane it uses to heat the water. Its a long learning curve in using the system. Waiting and wasting water while your water warms up just to wash your hands is a lesson in patience. We'll see how long it takes us before we take it out and put in a tank unit. We unfortunately had another problem on the trip, the fireplace stopped working after the second day of operation. Back to the dealer for warranty repairs. By the way does anybody have the codes for the Jensen tv, I'm trying to program my Dish remote to work the tv power and volume buttons. I didn't receive a manual with the 5er papers Thanks for all the info.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #112

Funny I was just looking at Bayhill online at Pete's Rv in VT. Only found the Bayhill in a dealership in NY never saw them anywhere else until today. I did a walk through this summer. Love it, hope you enjoy it. Keep us posted. Hope my next one is a Bayhill I think when I did my research they were mostly available on the left coast. Thanks for sharing.

Tags
evergreen