Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #113

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinecat View Post
Well, we are back from a week long trial trip after warranty repairs. It was nice to have satelite tv. The tankless water heater made "hot" water, although it sure wastes a lot of water. If we were boondocking it would fill the gray tank in a few days, also I wonder how much propane it uses to heat the water. Its a long learning curve in using the system. Waiting and wasting water while your water warms up just to wash your hands is a lesson in patience. We'll see how long it takes us before we take it out and put in a tank unit. We unfortunately had another problem on the trip, the fireplace stopped working after the second day of operation. Back to the dealer for warranty repairs. By the way does anybody have the codes for the Jensen tv, I'm trying to program my Dish remote to work the tv power and volume buttons. I didn't receive a manual with the 5er papers Thanks for all the info.
vinecat,

I got these codes for a Jensen TV out of my Dish Network book. They are....502,537,556,573,627,653,654,842,912. I haven't tried any of them yet, as we are still playing in the driveway.

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinecat View Post
We unfortunately had another problem on the trip, the fireplace stopped working after the second day of operation. Back to the dealer for warranty repairs. By the way does anybody have the codes for the Jensen tv, I'm trying to program my Dish remote to work the tv power and volume buttons. I didn't receive a manual with the 5er papers Thanks for all the info.
Our fireplace stopped working yesterday! I had really hoped it was a fuse but no such luck :( Back to the dealer for us too... just got ours back a week and a half ago. Wish the fireplace would have stopped working BEFORE we drove it an hour and a half to the dealership for repairs that left it there for 6wks. Hopefully they can get a replacement here quick... we are getting ready to leave next month for 3wks!

Old 01-21-2014, 06:31 AM   #115

Evergreen Owners Club
waterless cleaner

RichnAna:

Since you volunteered what do you recommend for a waterless cleaner????
Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #116

Evergreen Owners Club
Vinecat, on the fireplace issue check your fuses and breakers first I tripped a few during our first couple weeks in the coach.
On the propane use, we are full timers and use about 1 tank of propane per month, the hot water only uses the propane when the hot water is turned on unlike a tank system that continues to heat the water whenever it drops below a certain temperature in the tank. The refrigerator will use propane while not hooked into shore power unless you switch it to use propane instead of electric but still uses very little propane.
The real propane hog is the heater so if dry camping is what you are doing, watch your propane if you use the heater a lot.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #117

Evergreen Owners Club
Gracef31, we use a product called "Last Touch" you can order it online through detailing supply websites. You can use a spray bottle to apply it. Mix it 50/50 with water and only use microfiber towels with it. It runs just under $20 a gallon but well worth it.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #118

Evergreen Owners Club
Exterior RV washing--Mr. Clean

Several years ago, Mr. Clean made an excellent car washing product that used a proprietary polymer soap that you applied and then rinsed off with a Mr. Clean water filter. When you have a successful product, twisted logic suggests that you discontinue it...go figure. Applied to my RV the soap and filtered rinse water left a bright shine with no streaking. It even took out the inevitable black streaks.

Occasionally, auto parts stores and some drug stores like CVS and Walgreens will get a hold of either the Mr. Clean starter kits (wash, filter, and soap dispenser) or the soap and filter as separate items. If you check EBAY the separate components are outrageously expensive. I have had very good success using Maguires Gold Car Wash and a small cache of Mr. Clean water filters from CVS that produces equally good, long-lasting results.

Ken
Old 01-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #119

Bay Hill

Hi,

I'm looking at a Bay Hill 385BH. It is a new 2013 model with the automotive frameless windows. Wondering if any Bay Hill owners have this type of window and what their experience has been. Do they get condensation on them? Are they easy to open?

Thank you in advance,
Katie
Old 01-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #120

Evergreen Owners Club
Frameless Windows

Hi Katie...

I have had very good luck with the frameless windows on my Bay Hill 320RS. Neither my wife nor I have noticed any internal condensation in the year we've owned the trailer. You do have to be careful, however, of the window screens. The screen frames seem rather thin and will not stand up to rough tugging or pushing. For what it's worth, I've applied a light coating of Rain-X to the window exteriors in an effort to prevent water spotting. So far so good. And yes...the windows open very easily.

Ken
Old 01-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #121

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaschultz View Post
Hi,

I'm looking at a Bay Hill 385BH. It is a new 2013 model with the automotive frameless windows. Wondering if any Bay Hill owners have this type of window and what their experience has been. Do they get condensation on them? Are they easy to open?

Thank you in advance,
Katie
Hello Katie,
We have only had our Bay Hill for a month and haven't had the opportunity to take it out yet. So, I can't really say anything about any condensation. But I will say that I was a bit surprised at how little the windows open. Not a big deal for us because we are usually outside. They do open and close very easily.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #122

Evergreen Owners Club
Kshultz
We have a 2014 385BH and the windows open easily all though not far but no condensation issues.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:04 PM   #123

Kschultz we have a 2014 Bay Hill 295 RL with the same windows and yes they do get condensation inside. We've had ours out on trial runs twice to test it out. Yes there have been issues, you can see the previous posts. We are going out again when the warranty work is done. I will have to take it back in 6-8 weeks to replace the fireplace. Its taken 2 wks for repairs on the drivers side slide, the bad weather in the midwest { Indiana} has slowed parts replacement.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #124
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Wondering if anyone has done a factory tour at Evergreen? We are going to do a tour prior to accepting delivery on our 340 RK. Just wondering if it would be worth the 12 hours on the road.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #125

DFR, you should go tour factory. I would think it could be informative to observe the build quality. I went on tour when we bought our boat and it was comforting to know the structural quality and all the little things we take for granted. Are you getting a tankless water heater? So far its the only feature our 295RL came with that I don't like. Keep us informed on your 5er.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #126

Evergreen Owners Club
Smile 340 rk

Hello DFR.
I have a 340 RK being built right now and to be delivered to RV St-Cyr in Montreal in March while I'm spending winter in Florida. Will look forward with great interest for your remarks on your tour of the factory. I will post later on today copy of an article on the recent history (2008-2014) of Evergreen. One year ago they had 72 employees. This January they are up to 400 employees.
Andre

Tags
evergreen