Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #71

Evergreen Owners Club
Hi Long Trip
We have a 2014 385BH which are full time in, the shower issues you talked about are easy. Unscrew the the shower hose from the base of the shower wand the little plastic limiter is right there, remove it and screw the hose back on and you are done.(the water heater manufacturer says the limiter has to be removed for the system to work properly, found this info in the manual.)
The water heat is controlled at the thermostat knob on the bathroom wall and after talking with the water heater manufacturer you turn the hot water all the way on and don't turn on any cold water once your temperature is set. Ours works great.
We had no leaks or light dimming yet and the blinds are ok too so far.
We love our coach and can't wait to get back to Texas.
Good luck in your journey.
RichnAna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #72

Evergreen Owners Club
Oh yes Long Trip the propane usage is typical when using your heater, it uses propane quickly.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:47 AM   #73

If you have MCD shades in your coach, please give our techs a call at 800-804-1757 so we can help you adjust that shade. We want you to be very happy with your MCDs.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #74

My 295RL doesn't have a water heater knob to adjust in the bathroom or anywhere else. There is a reddish dial type in the heater compartment, this dial has been marked with a felt black line.Maybe thats the adjustment knob? The satelite signal to the main tv was fixed, the dealer said the coax connections from outside to inside was messed up. They also found leaks from gray tank, both upper and lower loose connections. Hopefully thats all "fixes" that need to be done
vinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #75

Evergreen Owners Club
How about the kitchen faucet?

...the shower issues you talked about are easy. Unscrew the the shower hose from the base of the shower wand the little plastic limiter is right there, remove it and screw the hose back on and you are done.(the water heater manufacturer says the limiter has to be removed for the system to work properly, found this info in the manual.)

RichnAna...

Would the same principle of removing the flow restricter also apply to the kitchen faucet? On our 320RS the kitchen faucet's water flow is very slow. My wife finds it difficult to get a good flow to wash the dishes she doesn't want to put in the dishwasher.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #76

Evergreen Owners Club
KenInCa,
It should, the limiters are what cause the water to come out slower thus a water saver feature. I dont think it is a good idea on an RV.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #77

Evergreen Owners Club
Vinecat,
If you have a girard tankless water heater (which is what bay hill was putting in the new coaches), you will have a temperature adjustment knob and they were put in the bathroom next to the sink. There is a large black knob with a background ring that goes from light pink (warm) to dark pink (very hot).
I would not think they forget to put on your coach.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #78

Unhappy

Rich, I have an Attwood tankless heater not Girard. I did not feel that we didn't have enough water pressure so I don't have a reason to remove the restricters.Now that 5er is in repair shop they are in talks with Atwood about possible solutions. I did see on you-tube a video of another 2014 Bay Hill 295RL for sale at B. Youngs rv in Oregon and it had a tankless set up like mine but it had a temp. adjustment knob in the bathroom, mine doesn't have one. Could this be the problem, I'll call dealer and have them call Evergreen since I have not been able to get anyone at Evergreen. Thanks for info, thats why I joined the forum, to share information both good and bad.
vinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #79

Evergreen Owners Club
Hello fellow Bay Hill owners. I don't mean to jump in on your discussion but I would like some info from as many as possible. I just purchased the 365RL and all the slides except the bedroom slide stick out from the sidewall at the bottom of the slide. They are tight at the top and stick out about an inch at the bottom. Any input about your coaches would be appreciated.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #80

Evergreen Owners Club
Hi MO5ER
Ours sticks out I bit also has to do with the seals and air flow on the road so it doesn't damage the fender skirts or so we were told.
We have not had any issues with it so far but it does look odd.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:06 AM   #81

Evergreen Owners Club
Does anyone know who makes the bathroom vents the power motor to raise the vent hood went bad and no one seems to know who makes them, there are no markings as to the name of the manufacture anywhere. It is kind of a cheap set up and the gears seem to strip out, this would not be quite so bad if I knew where to get the two way motor for the thing.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:37 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegGrich View Post
If you have MCD shades in your coach, please give our techs a call at 800-804-1757 so we can help you adjust that shade. We want you to be very happy with your MCDs.
Hey, Peg...just want you guys to know...we actually held off ordering our new Landmark until MCD shades were an available option! So glad we did...always wanted them and finally got'em!

BTW...we vended next to you guys several times when we were selling rescue tape...first time I think was at Hershey several years back.

Kathy and Ken
Old 01-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #83

Evergreen Owners Club
Slide(s) that stick out

MO5ER...

Like you, I had two slides that did not fit flush against the trailer in my Bay Hill 320RS. It's imperative that you check the proximity of the fender skirts to the respective tires. While not actually touching the tires, I noticed some tire rubber had collected on the skirt edges. The skirt bottoms were about 1/16" from the tires. I had to have the fender skirts trimmed back at a dealership that repaired two of the three slides. Several weeks ago I posted a picture in this forum thread.

Welcome to the forum!

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnAna View Post
Does anyone know who makes the bathroom vents the power motor to raise the vent hood went bad and no one seems to know who makes them, there are no markings as to the name of the manufacture anywhere. It is kind of a cheap set up and the gears seem to strip out, this would not be quite so bad if I knew where to get the two way motor for the thing.
Are you talking about the remote controlled type of fan that has the power vent lid. It raises and lowers thru the thermostat?
If its a Fantastic brand then you need to make sure the black knob on the fan is pushed up. If it isn't then the lid won't move. You pull the knob down for manual use and push it up for remote use.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen