Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 04:02 AM   #617

The solution for me is to stay away from motor driven slide. Hydraulic system never failed. I have seen to any electric motor driven slide failures in the past. One time all large slides were hydraulic and to save weight and cost the electric slide have been used more and more.
We have 4 hydraulic slides with no issues for the past 20 years.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 05:49 AM   #618

Hot water

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Picked up our 385BH Last week. Very impressed but many questions. The awning has no pitch to it. It goes straight out. The water flows side ways, but that's a first for me in the many awnings I owned. Those little pesky led lights under the storage area and at the front seem to have misfired. Some nights they are all on and other nights one or two do not light up. That's certainly not a deal breaker. The tankless hot water heater is really tough to adjust. The water is hot, but then cools down for about 45 seconds and then gets real hot again. Tough to take a shower like that. The manual says to lower the heat dial, not raise it, so I'll give that a try next time out. The quality of this coach is extremely high. So far I am very impressed with the way the doors close, the cabinets close, the linoleum and carpet used throughout and the over all appearance. I owned other new 5th wheels and new motor homes but must say this is the best from the start.
Now where and who I purchased it from is a different story. I bought this brand new at La Mesa RV in West Palm Beach Florida. It was delivered to their Fort Myers center for finalization and closing. The closing took nearly 6 hours with many mistakes the dealers at both centers made to the coach. I sent off a 4 page letter to their CEO and have not heard a word from him since he received the letter one week ago. I will wait 3 more days then I will contact the financial company I got the loan, Bank of America and the Better Business Bureau along with more RV forums. What they did was disgraceful and I believe in one instance, illegal and if they don't have the decency to even respond to me, they deserve to be put out of business.
Anyway, we are surely enjoying our new Bay Hill 5th wheel.
Try taking the water saver out of the shower head, it was in my manual that I finally read, no problems since! jcastro@lamesarv.com is the contact who fired the service manager because of complaints!
Kcinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:07 AM   #619

Evergreen Owners Club
If you have the Girard tankless like our 385bh, after removing the water saver, then make sure the the lp pressure is at 11. If you are familiar on how to do this have a trained rv service guy do it, the process is fairly easy if you have the gauge.
Just don't let La Mesa RV touch it. We bought ours in Phoenix AZ and they were dishonest and screwed up more things than you can imagine. I reported the service mgr to the store general mgr and the service mgr lost his job.
If you are waiting for an answer from the CEO you will probably wait forever. Others have written him with no response. They put knock off tires on the coach instead of the Good Year ones my warranty said I had and it was a major fight before I got them to reimburse me partially.
They want your money and that's about the only thing they are good at doing.
I do all my own repairs and if it is a parts issue I go directly to the manufacture of the part and get way better service.
RichnAna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #620

need help

we have a 2015 Bay Hill 379FL and there is a red toggle switch in the belly pan of our camper but we cant figure out what it is for. Does anyone know what it is for?

thank you
Sandy Green
Greengo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:55 PM   #621

Forest River Owners Club
I think that might be the water tank and holding tank heater switch. My switch is in the storage under the bedroom, but I have the 385BH. My switch was never labeled and I called Evergreen to find out what it was.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:23 AM   #622

That is what my service manager told me, heaters for the holding tanks
Old 11-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #623

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
I think that might be the water tank and holding tank heater switch. My switch is in the storage under the bedroom, but I have the 385BH. My switch was never labeled and I called Evergreen to find out what it was.

Can you post a pic of this switch? If memory serves, yours is a 2014 385BH same as mine, but I have never seen this switch and would love to see if mine has this option. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:36 AM   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascowboy View Post
Can you post a pic of this switch? If memory serves, yours is a 2014 385BH same as mine, but I have never seen this switch and would love to see if mine has this option. Thanks!
mine is 2015 379FL
Old 11-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #625

Evergreen Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1448505094.456858.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	112763 Have you ever had one of those days where your RV stove just didn't cut it? Well we have we could not use the oven to cook almost anything. From top to bottom the oven was only about 8 inches tall and anything you put in there would not cook evenly at all. It would normally burn on the bottom. And the heat would not circulate correctly. So we eventually bought a countertop oven that my wife cooks Bread in and it worked well but it was electric it was big and we would have to move it back-and-forth from where we stored it all the time which was in my daughters bunkhouse. She also could only foot one loaf in at a time. So I went searching around and found a 20 inch apartment size gas oven. And I installed it where my other oven was.

RV oven that you have in your RV takes up 20 inches across it is the same size as a standalone gas oven. The only things I had to uninstall was the shelf that we had below our RV oven. The oven we did buy also needed an electrical plug in the back so I had to do some creative wiring. But it worked out well. So for about the last week my wife and I have a enjoying an apartment size of an in our RV. My wife can cook bread to Loafs at one time. And tomorrow being Thanksgiving we will be able to put an entire 9 to 10 pound turkey in the oven.

I don't know why they don't just install these things to begin with. The only two things I could come up with our they are more expensive then an RV oven. And they put off more heat into the RV small living space than an RV oven. So here's a picture of our new set up. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1448505712.334680.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	112765
FOXBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #626

WOW! That is the best mod I have ever see, awesome!
On the go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #627

That is a nice oven. Has me looking at those now. I bet your wife is appreciative too, being that it got done in time for Thanksgiving.

Good job.

Happy Thanksgiving.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #628

Wow

Wow that is awesome. I want one now. Will have to check into this. Where did you find the 20" oven?
Old 12-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #629

Evergreen Owners Club
All You have to do is search online for 20 inch gas range. There are quite a few different models out there we just looked at reviews to find the one we wanted. Ours actually came with the boiler that we will probably never use. My wife did use it once and it seemed like it calibrated the stove to wear when she looks at the temperature gage that she put inside it will now get to the desired temperature.
One of the other things that we were looking for in the reviews was that it was convertible to LP included. The only thing we had to convert if each one of the stove top burners had a nozzle to unscrew. And in the back part of the oven there was another screw you had to screw all the way down to the bottom position. The instructions that came with it told you how to do this it was not hard.
We actually ordered ours from Home Depot do you go to Home Depot online they have A few different options. Home Depot online will ship to the store that is close to you but we did have to pay extra for shipping. For some reason the model that we chose had to come from the vendor and was not coming from a Home Depot warehouse. So the shipping was expensive. I think total with shipping we paid around 1300. We did see some online for about $400 or $500.
We also chose Home Depot because it is a big company with a good reputation. Also if for any reason it didn't work out I could've taken it back to Home Depot.

The install was relatively easy but I'm pretty handy with doing this kind of stuff. The one we chose had to be plugged in the wall and there was no plug behind there so I had to install one. Which wasn't too bad there were electrical wires going to the fridge and other plugs in the area so I just had to splice into one. Installing the gas stuff wasn't so bad just make sure you turn your gas off and do a small amount of research online. They also sell some goop that you put around gas fittings after you've already hooked it up that will let you know if you have a leak. But I did not pay for those if you just take liquid soap and add a little bit of water to it and goop that stuff on over your fittings it'll start to bubble up if you have a leak. But you definitely want to check them before you push it back in for its final seat. When I did mine I did have a very very small leak and had to tighten my fitting.

Now that we have been using it for a while my wife loves it! We baked a 9 pound turkey for Thanksgiving and it came out amazing! She says we probably could've fit at least an 11 pound turkey in the oven. With her's table top oven that we purchased to bake bread she could only do one loaf at a time now she can do two loaves and they come out amazing! She has also done pies and artisan breads! So I guess this was more of a gift for me.

My wife's only complaint is there is a small gap maybe one fourth of an inch between the countertop and stove and she's afraid food will fall down there and then will attract bugs. My only complaint was that we had a knife storage area behind our other stove that we actually used and now we have to find a new place for all of our knives.

Let me know if you got any other questions and have a happy holidays!

Shawn
FOXBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #630

Evergreen Owners Club
Repair / Replacement of Galley Drain Handle

Not too much action going on in the Evergreen/Bay Hill section of the IRV2 forums, so I thought I'd post a repair or replacement question.

On my 2013 Bay Hill 320RS, the galley water drain handle located underneath the trailer and close to the sewer drain has detached from the frame. With the handle detached no matter how much pressure is applied the drain cannot be closed. At least in the open position any small amount of residual water can be collected in a bucket when stopping for the night, or if you're fast enough in the sewer drain hose. Why Evergreen thought this was an ideal position for the galley drain handle is beyond me.

Has anyone dealt with the handle detaching? When I get back from my yearly trip to Arizona in March, I'll have my service provider perform the repair. However, I'm also going to ask if the drain handle can be rerouted to the panel with the black water and gray water drain handles.

thanks...Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen