Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #785

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp123 View Post
what do you guys think about this?
Insl-X 1 gal. Satin Rubber-Based Black Swimming Pool Paint-RP2720 - The Home Depot

it resists mildew and algae and cheaper than the stuff you got schrod.
I don't think you want to just use paint, esp. rubber based. You need a hard surface so the rollers don't compress into it and have to roll. This is why I chose to apply the bed liner product. It will set up hard and is urethane based for long wear. Don't go cheap to protect your investment!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #786

Yea that makes sense. It was raining when I got home last night and I can see the board is getting a little damp in places :( I'm going silicone around all the edges like Gordond did, get a big fan under each slide until fully dry and get that bed liner on. Probably won't have time for bed liner until next week sometime but something needs to be done. Just hope we don't mess up the rollers... how many layers are you doing schrod? Ide say just one and touch up as needed?
Jrp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #787

Evergreen Owners Club
Yes, I am thinking just one coat but until I start I don't know how thick or thin the bedliner product is in the gallon can. I don't want it real thin but not thick either. Maybe 1/16 to 1/8 inch. No more than that. Also going to make real certain to use wax paper so I can roll out the texture. I don't want it textured like you would a pickup bed.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #788

Okay, that is what I was planning as well. I think I will cover the rollers with shrink wrap and apply right up and around the rollers as best I can. I ordered the same rustoleum and planning to get at least 2 slides done a week from tomorrow Sunday. Keep me posted if you start before that.
Justin
Old 08-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #789

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Okay, that is what I was planning as well. I think I will cover the rollers with shrink wrap and apply right up and around the rollers as best I can. I ordered the same rustoleum and planning to get at least 2 slides done a week from tomorrow Sunday. Keep me posted if you start before that.
Justin
Good idea on covering the rollers with wrap. I will use that Glad press and seal. It sticks pretty darned good. I think the box has a roller and a brush so might have to use the brush to get really tight up to the rollers. Good luck. Just don't get in a hurry. I think the product has plenty of application time so we can do the job right.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:54 PM   #790

Hey schrod, have you got around to doing any of the slides yet? I haven't been able to, hopefully find some time in the next couple weeks.
Justin
Old 09-01-2016, 07:54 PM   #791

Evergreen Owners Club
375RE

Okay, I am almost happy to report we have resolved most of our initial pains. As well, due to Hurricane Hermine, we have relocated to Defuniak Springs, FL.
We are at Twin Lakes RV resort, first day of our stay and the guy next to us pulled in a very large bass.
When we checked in we were advised there were over 100 channels on cable, wooohooo!
Unfortunately, our jensen tv is not capturing more than 24 RF channels.... Someone, please be so kind to tell us how to get access to the digital channels :(
I have spent 3 hours rescanning, resetting to default, etc with zero luck.....Please help. Thanks so much...
I also noticed someone posted on here they bought tires at NTB, we are heading there tomorrow. ..we prefer to get these tires replaced before we head off to my husband's next assigned work location.

FYI, Nice views here and very close to lake, like 15 feet off the drive. They have several docks, gated community, and large bass..... the sites are 100 feet long and full concrete. Nice nice. Thanks to hurricane hermine, we found this place.
Wr RVing it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #792

Evergreen Owners Club
375RE

Okay, I am almost happy to report we have resolved most of our initial pains. As well, due to Hurricane Hermine, we have relocated to Defuniak Springs, FL.
We are at Twin Lakes RV resort, first day of our stay and tge guy next to us pulled in a very large bass.
When we checked in we were advised there were over 100 channels on cable, wooohooo!
Unfortunately, our jensen is not capturing more than 24 RF channels.... Someone, please be so kind to tell us how to get access to the digital channels :(
I have spent 3 hours rescanning, resetting to default, etc with zero luck.....Please help. Thanks so much...
I also noticed someone posted on here they bought tires at NTB, we are heading there tomorrow. ..we prefer to get these tires off before off to my husband's next assigned work location.

FYI, Nice views here and very close to lake, like 15 feet off the drive. They have several docks, gated community, and large bass..... the sites are 100 feet long and full concrete. Nice nice.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #793

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr RVing it View Post
We are at Twin Lakes RV resort, first day of our stay and tge guy next to us pulled in a very large bass.
Unfortunately, our jensen is not capturing more than 24 RF channels.... Someone, please be so kind to tell us how to get access to the digital channels :(
I also noticed someone posted on here they bought tires at NTB, we are heading there tomorrow. ..we prefer to get these tires off before off to my husband's next assigned work location.

FYI, Nice views here and very close to lake, like 15 feet off the drive. They have several docks, gated community, and large bass..... the sites are 100 feet long and full concrete. Nice nice.
You need to set the tv to cable and rerun a channel scan. I would also turn off the booster.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #794

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Hey schrod, have you got around to doing any of the slides yet? I haven't been able to, hopefully find some time in the next couple weeks.
Justin
Justin,
No I have not gotten to it yet. I am planning on getting the biggest worst slide (kitchen slide) done this next week. Having a huge weekend since this is Labor Day holiday. As camp hosts I am concentrating on this first. With cooler weather now it will be a lot easier to work on this and do a good job.

Rod
Old 09-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #795

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
You need to set the tv to cable and rerun a channel scan. I would also turn off the booster.
Okay, we are newbies.....where is this booster thing you speak of? Haha
Old 09-03-2016, 08:36 AM   #796

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
The booster is a connecting point for the cable on the wall next to one of the tv's. A little green or red light signifies it is turned on. There is a little push button to turn it on or off. Hope this helps.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #797

Quote:
The booster would be the antenna signal amplifier (booster) that boosts the over the air signal for the TV. It could be located anywhere. Some are in a closet, ours is on the bedroom wall. It typically is a button that should have an indicator light on it. It shouldn't be located to far from the crank up antenna.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #798

Evergreen Owners Club
TV problems

Quote:

Our bed room TV also had problems loading.
The place we love to spend a lot of our retired time changed their TV provider.
We were able to load the 27 analog channels but not the "digital channels".
The DW called the TV maker and they talked about something called "QUM tuner". Which allows you to down load the digital channels from your park cable.
Our TV didn't have the right one. The TV maker said we needed a "256 QAM tuner". She asked if they could supply a fix. They said a new TV with the correct QAM is the fix.
You are probably loading the analog but not the digital channels on your park cable.
Our TV in the front is hooked to our Directv unit that we bring from home.
It also has the wrong QAM but since we bring our home directv receiver it works just like it works at home.

Tags
evergreen