Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #1

Evergreen Bay Hill ?

Anyone have an opinion on a Evergreen Bay Hill? Sure would appreciate your response if you own one.

Mike
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #2

Just curious if you purchased a Bay Hill? We are scheduled to pick up ours on Saturday so just checking in.

Barbara
mustanggt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #3

Barbara,

We bought the 295RL, we have been out in the unit 2 times and we just love it. We ran the dishwasher only to make sure it works but don't expect to use it after that.

If you would like I can provide the fix list we provided the dealer after our second trip.

Hope you enjoy your unit as much as we do.

Mike
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Our 38' Cameo has a dish washer...usually me. The wife cooks, I clean up and if I cook, she cleans up.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #5

Mike, thank you for the offer to share you fix list. That would be wonderful,, that way I can take a little extra time when checking those things even during the walk through! I love that Bay Hill offers so many wonderful standard options, but I'm really hoping that it doesn't just mean that there will be more to go wrong! lol

Thanks again!

Barbara
Old 09-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
New Bay Hill 385BH

Picked up our 385BH Last week. Very impressed but many questions. The awning has no pitch to it. It goes straight out. The water flows side ways, but that's a first for me in the many awnings I owned. Those little pesky led lights under the storage area and at the front seem to have misfired. Some nights they are all on and other nights one or two do not light up. That's certainly not a deal breaker. The tankless hot water heater is really tough to adjust. The water is hot, but then cools down for about 45 seconds and then gets real hot again. Tough to take a shower like that. The manual says to lower the heat dial, not raise it, so I'll give that a try next time out. The quality of this coach is extremely high. So far I am very impressed with the way the doors close, the cabinets close, the linoleum and carpet used throughout and the over all appearance. I owned other new 5th wheels and new motor homes but must say this is the best from the start.
Now where and who I purchased it from is a different story. I bought this brand new at La Mesa RV in West Palm Beach Florida. It was delivered to their Fort Myers center for finalization and closing. The closing took nearly 6 hours with many mistakes the dealers at both centers made to the coach. I sent off a 4 page letter to their CEO and have not heard a word from him since he received the letter one week ago. I will wait 3 more days then I will contact the financial company I got the loan, Bank of America and the Better Business Bureau along with more RV forums. What they did was disgraceful and I believe in one instance, illegal and if they don't have the decency to even respond to me, they deserve to be put out of business.
Anyway, we are surely enjoying our new Bay Hill 5th wheel.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #7

Congratulations on your new Bay Hill!

We took our new 2014 365RL out over Labor Day weekend for our 1st trip. We were very surprised to meet another Bay Hill owner while there, as I haven't seen them around at all. The owner of the 320 did mention that his 2013 had a recall for the awning because it was evidently having problems going out while people were driving down the road... although he did not have the problem, he did have his updated due to the recall. The 2014 apparently does not have the problem.

We, and the owner of the 320, have had issues with the instant hot water. My husband and I find it inconvenient, but are learning to adjust it so that the hot isn't scorching and the cold isn't like ice while it fluctuates in the shower... and I did learn that turning the knob down to the second lowest color heat setting works fairly well for us. The owner of the 320 found it unacceptable completely and insisted the dealership work together with the manufacturer and replace his with 10 gallon tanks instead.... and it was done to his satisfaction at no cost to him.. just the headache of the complaining loud of enough to get them to do it.

We have one magnetic drawer that doesn't close properly, the 320 owner has 2. On our first trip out we noticed while hitching up to come home that we had been leaking hydraulic fluid and lost most of it down the inside basement wall. Will be taking a trip to the dealership soon to get all our first time out issues repaired. We expected to have to do some things.. and like you, we are otherwise thoroughly enjoying our Bay Hill! It was the right choice for us... Beautiful and comfortable Rig!! )
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
I did a little more research on this Girard tankless water heater and found that most of the problems with the alternating hot cold showers were due to air in the lines. They pointed to the possibility of not bleeding out the washer dryer hookups in the bedroom closet. This weekend we will be using our rig and that is the first thing I will try and accomplish. I know there is air in those lines because we never even thought of opening those valves since we got the coach. I'll keep you posted, but it seems there are many people who do like the tankless set up and state that they never run out of hot water. I hope this is the case.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #9

Thank you for posting your research! We will also try that. Let us know if it works for you... this was one of the options were originally excited about and would love to get it working properly.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Well, we got to the coach on Friday evening. I bled the washer faucets.....lots of air in the lines. I set the dial in the middle. Took a shower this morning and never ran out of hot water. I could have been in their for an hour. No fluctuations in temperature. Perfect.
Hope this helps
Old 09-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #11

That's great news! Thank you!! We are getting ready to do the same for our trip this weekend. How are your hydraulics working? Ours are working great... but we did notice on our maiden voyage that the tank in the compartment under the pin/ batteries leaked out and down the inside wall. That is really our only problem and will take in to the dealer this week for repair.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
So far so good. We are permanently parked in an RV and Golf Resort, but everything is working great. I did put a call into Evergreen and hope to hear from them soon. I have an additional holding tank on the rear of the coach for the back bathroom Just a sink and toilet. My gauge says 3/4 full and I tee'd that tank into the main sewer hose. I hear water flowing on the line, so it's probably some hung up toilet paper giving the false reading. I want to make sure that it is only one tank for both grey and black water on the rear bathroom. There is only one pull lever so my guess it is. Once again, the dealer had very little knowledge on this coach and it shows. Another thing that impresses me is the underbelly. It is completely enclosed with pvc panels and sealed. I will have to remove a couple of panels to run some ethernet cable for a matrix system I am installing for all 4 tv's. That's the next project, but I am so impressed with their wiring process. Everything is run in troffs and very easy to identify. I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #13

Bay Hill, Wow - I looked at this 5er on-line. Looks really super nice. I did not know EverGreen built anything this nice...cool.

How long have they been building the Bay Hill?
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
So far so good. We are permanently parked in an RV and Golf Resort, but everything is working great. I did put a call into Evergreen and hope to hear from them soon. I have an additional holding tank on the rear of the coach for the back bathroom Just a sink and toilet. My gauge says 3/4 full and I tee'd that tank into the main sewer hose. I hear water flowing on the line, so it's probably some hung up toilet paper giving the false reading. I want to make sure that it is only one tank for both grey and black water on the rear bathroom. There is only one pull lever so my guess it is. Once again, the dealer had very little knowledge on this coach and it shows. Another thing that impresses me is the underbelly. It is completely enclosed with pvc panels and sealed. I will have to remove a couple of panels to run some ethernet cable for a matrix system I am installing for all 4 tv's. That's the next project, but I am so impressed with their wiring process. Everything is run in troffs and very easy to identify. I'll keep you posted.

I don't know if this will help but there is another pull lever under the trailer right next to the sewer hose connection. This is for gray water only... a separate drain for our bathroom. The dealer never showed us this during the walk through, but a fellow Bay Hiller shared it with us after he had a sink back up.

Also, I went out to drain the Washer Dryer faucets and nothing happened. No air, no water, no sound... no nothin'. Is there a main turn on for that do you know?

Tags
evergreen