Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #1

Evergreen RV's 2016 3 Year Warranty

Just announced today -- Please open the attachment

EverGreen to Offer Three-Year Protection Plan | RV Industry News.pdf

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCADesertRat View Post
Just announced today -- Please open the attachment

Attachment 107200
How much $$$. Not a lot of details in the article. Since it's offered by a 2nd party then what's the difference in buying an extended warranty? Other than the cost for the Evergreen which isn't stated. And what are the requirements other than normal up keep?

I was somewhat excited thinking that it would be a 3 yr warranty from the factory. That IMO would be a huge bonus, considering all the issues that people seem to have with their Evergreen products.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #3

Evergreen Owners Club
This is much better than the so called extended warranty offered by dealers. Those warranties usually only cover the appliances and slide equipment. This would be just like a bumper to bumper and cover every single part of the trailer. I will be buying this when I purchase my new Bay Hill 375RE in a few more months!
Old 09-18-2015, 05:35 PM   #4

Warrenties are a lot more inclusive then slides and appliences. It jist depends on what you want to pay for. Evergreen uses the same lippert parts that most of the mass produced industry uses. The key is the people putting the trl together. If thier skill level is not where it should be you are in trouble no matter whom the supplier is.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:09 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
It will be interesting to see how expensive it will be. Every dealer sells an extended warranty policy for as long as you can pay for.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:55 PM   #6

Angry Worthless 3 year warranty

I have a 2013 EverGreen Trailer with bubbling in the roof on both sides and also on the slide outs. The roof material has a 12 year warranty but is not covered because I supposedly didn't maintain my trailer properly. EverGreen's warranties are worthless and their RV's are junk. In the first 6 months I owned it I had a list of 15 items that needed repaired. If their was a lemon law for RV's mine would qualify. I wood recommend buying from a company that has a track record for honoring warranties.

Shorthauler
Old 09-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #7

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthauler View Post
I have a 2013 EverGreen Trailer with bubbling in the roof on both sides and also on the slide outs. The roof material has a 12 year warranty but is not covered because I supposedly didn't maintain my trailer properly. EverGreen's warranties are worthless and their RV's are junk. In the first 6 months I owned it I had a list of 15 items that needed repaired. If their was a lemon law for RV's mine would qualify. I wood recommend buying from a company that has a track record for honoring warranties.

Shorthauler
Did you go thru your dealer about the warranty work or deal with Evergreen directly? Which trailer do you have?
Old 09-26-2015, 07:53 AM   #8

Worthless 3 year warranty

I have the Everlite 29KIS. I went thru EverGreen but let the dealer know what was going on, they contacted EverGreen but it didn't help. My mistake was I ordered it from a dealership in Michigan and had it shipped to Wash St. I only did that because they were 8K cheaper then buying it here.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #9

Evergreen Owners Club
Dealer in Michigan doesn't give a sh*t about a buyer from Washington. You are too far away for him to care. The dealers in Washington won't readily want to help since you went out of state to buy. I would only be calling Evergreen on a daily basis. The squeaky wheel gets the grease..............
Old 09-26-2015, 10:42 PM   #10

The sad thing is the manufacturers in Indiana don't care about buyers in Wash St either. EverGreen has offered as a goodwill to replace the roof if I bring the trailer to them in Indiana and leave it for a month at my cost. It would be cheaper for me to have the roof replaced here.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthauler View Post
EverGreen's warranties are worthless and their RV's are junk. In the first 6 months I owned it I had a list of 15 items that needed repaired. If their was a lemon law for RV's mine would qualify. I wood recommend buying from a company that has a track record for honoring warranties.
New RV issues are common. Did you have water intrusion? Ever maintain the roof?

This warranty is 3rd party - it's an insurance company. No indication of if it's inclusionary (list of things that are included) or exclusionary (list of things that are not covered). I don't see much detail here - it seems like it's 3rd party resale by the manufacturer.

I'm not sure what typical-cost manufacturer gets good marks for warranty. Ever look at Thor/Keystone's record?

shorthauler, I'd strongly consider having it hauled to Indiana if they'll do a good job. A dealer that butchers an RV-reroof has done you no favors and likely will cause more problems than they solve... A re-roof is about $250-300 foot around here.

Tags
evergreen, rvs