Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #1

Fifth Wheel All NEW Design coming ???

I got a email from a well known Large Dealer,,,, that a New Fifth wheel would Debute at the TAMPA RV show Anyone see or Hear anything on this Game changing Rig ?

Just wanting to see if anyone has the info

Coconut
Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #2

When's the show??
redalertsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by redalertsc View Post
When's the show??
Last week. We were there. Must have missed the game changer....
Old 01-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #4

Well I called the dealer LAzy Days whom sent me the flyer with the teaser The sales people had no Idea what I was speaking of....
I will search for email However I prob file 13ed It

coconut
Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #5

The only thing I remember was I think "Space Coast Mfr" or something like that. A fully custom built unit but looked more like a 5th wheel for parking and leaving as it was very square looking with a very drab color scheme. Now we didn't do the whole scene, we went to look at a couple of specific units and weren't interested in the rest. There was another unit that was sort of unique that we just had to go into, but I don't remember much about it.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #6

New Horizons Owners Club
Could you be thinking of SpaceCraft RV?
Space Craft Custom Built Recreational Vehicles, Fifth Wheel Trailers, Travel Trailers, Semi Trailers, Bunkhouses, Box Conversions, Restroom Trailers, Custom Built RV, custom built rv trailers, Toy house, toy hauler, toter home, toterhome, motor coach
We saw these at the Hershey RV show in 2009 I believe. They were custom rigs, and kind of boxy, but I think they have been around for a few years
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A friend of mine was at the show and was talking about a 5th wheel that had the kitchen and dining area where the bedroom would normally be. I don't know if that's the one your talking about and I didn't get to see it but he said it was quite interesting. OH YEAH, I believe he said the MSRP was somewhere around $162K. I wonder how many of those they'll sell if you still have to buy the truck to pull it? Can't remember who the manufacture was though.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
A 43' fifth wheel?? WOW!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #9

Yep, SpaceCraft was the one we walked by several times. Didn't go in tho. A front kitchen, would be different. Not sure I would go for it, but different strokes for different folks.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #10

43' no longer rare--DRV has 3 or 4 models out already. Pretty nice if thats what you need, have the money and the truck to pull it. Wish I was in that category.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Here in Denver, there was the "New Concept" Fifth Wheel, by Keystone called Vizion which touts over 350 cubic feet of pass thru storage. We toured it, very nice home inside and DH was quite taken with all the basement storage. Of course this makes the ceiling seem lower cause they raise up the entire floor for the full basement. I didn't care for that.
weedpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #12

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedpatch View Post
Here in Denver, there was the "New Concept" Fifth Wheel, by Keystone called Vizion which touts over 350 cubic feet of pass thru storage. We toured it, very nice home inside and DH was quite taken with all the basement storage. Of course this makes the ceiling seem lower cause they raise up the entire floor for the full basement. I didn't care for that.
I would hate to tow it but it makes good sense. I've always wondered why fifth wheels didn't do that in the past. Not only did it seem a waste to not have the extra basement storage, but the stepped floor is a pain, especially for a flatulent geriatric like me.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #13

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedpatch View Post
Interesting rig. Looks like the overall exterior height (according to the Keystone Vizion website) is 13'3". Probably cable driven slides to eliminate under floor mechanisms. No spec on what the interior ceiling height is but that extra storage space under the rear portion of the rig had to come from somewhere. Some of that probably gained by the straight front to back roof line.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
I would hate to tow it but it makes good sense. I've always wondered why fifth wheels didn't do that in the past. Not only did it seem a waste to not have the extra basement storage, but the stepped floor is a pain, especially for a flatulent geriatric like me.
Appears to still be a couple of low rise steps up to the bedroom/bath area. The raised floor may mean there is a interior stairwell at the outside entry, meaning more steps everytime one enters or exits. Can't tell for sure from the website's pictures.