Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #15
Go to the montana owners club page and you will find a lot if information about the montana 5th wheels. I own one and am ver happy with it.

2004 Montana 3685 with the front living room pulled by 2004 F350 CC King Ranch PSD
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2005, 03:56 AM   #16
Many people confuse the RV Group with Consumer Reports. Consumer Reports purchases items and test them RV Group does not! RV Group bases their reports on brochures. They do not go inside RV's and look at them.
If you want to base your high dollar purchase based on what someone says when all they did was look at a brochure, then buyer beware!

2005 Freightliner M2 106 class 7 HDT
2004 Teton Sunrise Grand,Jeep Wrangler toad
tnance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:11 PM   #17
There are other web sites you could go to besides this one. But, this site has more than 1800 rigs on line. Interior photos etc. I would start there or another site you might know about, find what you like, go to the manufactures web site look at other floor plans, options etc, and then find a dealer or order from the factory.

CoastalDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 AM   #18
There are good/bad points to every brand. What works for one is not for all. I would suggest you make a list f floor plans you like-don't,
weight-length you want, price range,options you must have-don't need. January is usually the starting time for RV shows. Check out the web sites of the RV manf. Just remember its always a give-take situation. Happy Hunting!
06 Ford HD
08 Cedar Creek Silverback 30LSA
Ed and Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:37 PM   #19
For a seasonal site, A fiver would not be my first choice. A real advantage to a fiver is it's towing behaviors. Disadvantage is stairs. If it's not going to be towed, why not get a nice single level TT?
2004 Cedar Creek 362BBS Custom.

2006 Volvo VNL42T630 465HP 1650ft/lbs. 12 speed Freedomline
themisfitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:42 AM   #20
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Be sure to also check out the Travel Supreme brand. Most people that have owned them are very happy with them. Take your time and continue to research like you are doing. Talk with those that own the rigs you may be intrested in. Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #21
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diandtom:
We have a 33-5V Arctic Fox. It is very well insulated and like the floor plan. The storage area could have been made better.(sewer pipes in storage area) I have had to take it back to the factory twice. One time was a crack in the side from the bedroom slide not installed right. We just got back from getting the front of the roof reglued down. They think the glue went into the wood causing the roof to come unglued. I am very happy with the factory and how they have treated me. I had some damage from a gas pump protector and they sent me new parts very cheap and I fixed it my self. I am not too happy with the dealer. I get the feeling after the sale they are done with you. I would buy another Fox if they had a dealer closer to me.
Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a A/F, our last 5th was an A/F that had the same problem with the roof. I was up on the roof removing tree debries when the wife retracted th L R slider. Windows and vents closed. The rubber roof material became a baloon around all the seams and edges of the plywood roof, as the rubber streched it lifted more and more of the rubber.
If you were at the factory you saw them pressure test thr units for leaks by pressureizing the interior. The air tight trailer pressurizes beyond the adhesive bond of the rubber roof causing thr rubber to seperate from the plywood.
After the factory reglued our roof we always open vents or the door to open or close the siders and have not had a roof seperation since.

Think about it.

The Bichons: KIBBELS & CHIPS and forever remembered BITZ
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote