Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #1

Fifth Wheel Front Jack Feet

Years past I remember a post about some aluminum oversized jack feet. Like 10" diameter. Should have ordered then. Mine have been bent for years and I have used 4x6 wooden chocks and half inch metal plates to sit the front feet on. I have the material and have decided it's time to repair. I wanted to weld on 3/16' or 3/8" metal plates and my concern is the added weight on the jack gears. My intention was to up size to an 8x8 inch size. Not a lot of weight but just something I would like to hear advice on. Any ideas or experience shared is welcome. For now Keep the Dust on your Boot. Sure is a nice day in Texas
pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #2

I wouldn't be concerned about the added weight considering the jack has to lift the front of your trailer, which weighs considerably more than any feet you could possibly add.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #3

Weight

Not the weight really added to the total rig. Guess that did sound a bit stupid. Concern was more added weight rattling around and dangling in the wind hanging on the gears. Probably no deal at all just wonder why the heck they did not build the feet with more metal plate in the first place. I think they bent on the second trip. Anyway mine are now 8x9 inch square 3/16 inch plate.
pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote