Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #15

The wife and I installed a set of JT's and while they do cut out some movement, there is still what seems to be a lot of movement felt. We are not pleased with our purchase, but they do cut out some of the movement. I guess I need to check into a set of Rotochoks now to see if they will help further.

Joezilla

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #16

Sorry to hear that. I just ordered me a set based on only hearing most positive comments about them resolving movements.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #17

Best solution, IMO, is to put four hydraulic levelers at the "corners." What a pleasure it is to set up with them. We have the HWH system but others have the Bigfoot system and we're all "happy campers!"

Sure, they're pricey but one of the best add-ons we've invested in.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Joezilla maybe you are not doing this.
Keep the front slighty low and tighten the back T handle (force is not needed) Raise the landing gear just alittle to tighten the connections on the rear, then tighten the front T handles and hit the landing gear just enough to take the slack of the the same parts as the rear. this should work for. Let us know chevman
Old 05-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #19

Larry

I just ordered my stablizers. Thanks for the tip on how to do the rear, front lockin guidance.

I am hoping this puts my 5er into a good stance.

Glen Odom, Terry, MS
Old 05-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I have installed these on a couple of customers Fifth wheels, and they have been great, and we have gotten great feedback.

You are better to invest in these then a tripod. I used to have a fifth wheel, and I used the roto-choks as well, another great product. I beleive if you had both it would solve all your problems.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #21

as above said chock will still be a good idea. Please come back after you camp in a hard wind. This will make ya happy. chevman
Old 05-29-2008, 06:04 AM   #22
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have been using these ever since I bought the 5ver

Wheel Chocks

and they work well to prevent the tires from rolling when parked. I use them on each side of the trailer.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #23

We have the jt stabilizer jacks and we are very disappointed with them. We had them installed from the guy who sells them. We had previously used tripod jacks while we were stationary for a long time and they worked great. After we had these jacks installed, our rv moves from our dog moving around etc. We live in our rv year round and it is very annoying having it moving around everytime someone moves or rolls over in bed. Ours are not installed the same way our neighbors are and I'm thinking of changing the configuration of the installation myself. Our rv is in for repair so I can't take a picture of it to show the difference. I hoped when we bought them it would be an easy solution to traveling and setting up.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #24

Sorry to hear that. You are one of only 2 of numerous responses that didn't say great things about the JTs. Meantime I have already ordered mine and in the process of putting them on. I had one suggestion where a guy advised that for them to work right you needed to first level the trailer, then drop the front end slightly, then do the rear stablizers with the rear JTs stablizers positioned, then fix the front stablizers, then drop the front just slightly thus putting all points into stablization.

Try that and see. Since I already have them I guess I am going forward.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #25

Wait a minute. You said drop the front end slightly after putting rear stabilizers down and in tension. Wouldn't that take the tension off the rears?

I thought you were supposed to raise the front after putting the rears in tension. Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong.

Joezilla
Old 06-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #26

I believe dropping the front mean't drop the land gear to put pressure on the connections. This is what I told glend afew posts ago. So level with blocks to make the fifth level left to right. When leveling front to back using the landing gear stop just before level and lower the rear stabilers. Hand tight just to feel tight not like hard as you can turn the T handle. Hit the front landing gear to raise the front. Then do the same with the front T handle and bump up the front landing gear again. When you practice you should be level front to back . It doesn't need to be very low to start the process. Now like us after a 6 month time sitting this could need to be reset because of rain . It makes for a very rock solid fifthwheel and as I have said many times (Wait for the wind to blow to really enjoy what JT strongaqrm stabilizers do for you. Other brands could do the same but I don't have other brands. chevman
Old 06-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #27

Sorry for the confusion. As I understand initially get the 5er level, then drop the front slightly. Put the rear stablizers down with the JTs locked in, then raise the front slightly putting pressure on the rear, then lock in the front JTs, then finally drop the front down slightly, thus having pressure on both front/rear.

Hopefully this clarifies.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #28

Chevman/Larry

Thanks for the clarification.

I have my JT kit and upon opening it found I was missing a couple packs of hardware. I went ahead with installation and got about 2/3 finished now awaiting receipt of my missing hardware to finalize. Looking forward to some stability with this system.

Glen, Terry, MS