Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #1

First time RVing. Also first time towing. Very happy!

We're on our maiden voyage in Banff Alberta at Tunnel Mountain trailer court. We have a 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS and couldn't be happier.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180525_162134.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	204323
Oderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #2

Good deal.....now you get to read all the manuals that came with it, or Google for one....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #3

I've read everything front to back. My brain cells are overloaded with information.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:04 PM   #4

Congratulations! Safe travels.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:16 PM   #5

Ha!....Keep 'em handy, and if your trailer is like mine...there are cabinets with back or side panels that are screwed in that have stuff behind them that the manuals make no mention of.....One thing I'd do right away, is to buy a JR Products compartment box, or two of them, with locking doors, and mount your landing gear and rear stabilizer switches in......weather will take them out of service!.....you'll find out in time that hav'n a roll of butyl rubber on hand will be handy for sealing things, available thru Amazon....the compartments come white, but are paintable
Old 05-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Looks Great! Enjoy.
Coach Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Ha!....Keep 'em handy, and if your trailer is like mine...there are cabinets with back or side panels that are screwed in that have stuff behind them that the manuals make no mention of.....One thing I'd do right away, is to buy a JR Products compartment box, or two of them, with locking doors, and mount your landing gear and rear stabilizer switches in......weather will take them out of service!.....you'll find out in time that hav'n a roll of butyl rubber on hand will be handy for sealing things, available thru Amazon....the compartments come white, but are paintable
If his is anything like my 2018 Grand Design 303 he has Lippert's ground Control 3 levelers and his controller is inside his pass through door so it is already protected from rain. What you are seeing on the front overhang lower wall is a connection for the Furrion portable solar panels if you should buy them. This is a flip cover that feeds the batteries.

Oderus,

Congrats on your new rig and glad to see you are enjoying it in a beautiful place to camp.
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Congrats. We'll be in Banff Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court site 224 on Monday for 3 nights. If you're still there, stop by and say hello.

We currently are in Waterton Lakes Townsite Campground.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch50 View Post
If his is anything like my 2018 Grand Design 303 he has Lippert's ground Control 3 levelers and his controller is inside his pass through door so it is already protected from rain. What you are seeing on the front overhang lower wall is a connection for the Furrion portable solar panels if you should buy them. This is a flip cover that feeds the batteries.

Oderus,

Congrats on your new rig and glad to see you are enjoying it in a beautiful place to camp.
Old eyes!....lol
Old 05-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Oderus, congratulations. Have fun. Enjoy and keep us posted of how wonderful your new RV is....this forum is full of people posting about problems.....we need more people who's life is not full of problems with their RV purchase.
RoadEyePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats. Nice looking rig. I hope you get a lot of happy adventures from it.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:14 PM   #12

Congrats!!! It’s very exciting!
Old 05-28-2018, 07:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch50 View Post

Oderus,

That's correct. Ground control 3.0, 4-point auto leveling and the control box is safe in the basement. It's also wireless capable, just need to buy the remote control.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithnorv View Post
Oderus, congratulations. Have fun. Enjoy and keep us posted of how wonderful your new RV is....this forum is full of people posting about problems.....we need more people who's life is not full of problems with their RV purchase.
Thank you. It's nice to hear good things because too often people have more bad than good to talk about. I've got many days planned this year so I'll be posting those pictures as well.

Tags
rving, tow, towing