Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #1

First time trying RV cover

So when we bought our 2004 fifth wheel last November we also bought a cover, so now I finally tried putting it on by myself, don't care for heights, so used three ladders and got it done.
Shall see how it holds up.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Pain in the neck wasn't it?
Old 10-09-2011, 05:23 AM   #3

rv cover

take the extra time to make sure it is tight. My earlier class C tore the straps loose and the cover came off (in January). added extra grommets to the bottom.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #4

Looks great! Nice job.

2004 Mandalay 38B
Turferrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
You will find areas that will billow in the wind causing the cover to rub on corners of things like air conditioners, steps, etc. If you can isolate some of them you may save a hole or two in the cover. I always cusioned those areas with things like old bath towels. The rubbing will also do a bit of scuffing on the paint in sensitive places. I suggest that running a rope completly around the camper just ahead or behind the roof mounted airconditioner and cinching it up will take in some of the slack and save a bit of rubbing. Also make sure none of the lines or straps are touching the ground. With the melting and refreezing of snow during the winter they tend to get frozen to the ground. Impossiple to remove until the spring thaw. Another problem with covers is the snow will stack up on the top. This makes it nearly impossible to remove in the dead of winter. If you have any plans of heading south after that first snow, you are better off removing the cover now, or you won't be going!