Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #57

Has anyone ever used that "flex seal" crap on the roof that comes in the can that you see on those infomercials? I have a can, and had used it to seal a couple holes in the wall where mice/birds would get through (outside of house) and it works really well. But never used on anything more than that type of job. Can someone DIY it if they are pretty good at aim and not going to goop everything up in the process and make a mess? I am pretty good at NOT making messes, but is it too big of a project or has anyone used it for touch ups?
Pyropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2019, 10:22 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
We have an appt in November to get ours done at the Denton location. Planning to have them color match the radius to the brown base color of our 5th wheel. If anyone has had the radius color match done did they do a good job matching the color? Also does the flex armor rv roof have any insulating benefits?

Thanks
I had mine done at a different installer and to be honest I was disappointed in the color match. From the ground, it still looks white - it doesn't match the grey on the coach at all. If I had it to do over again, I'd have them furnish a sample of the color match before application.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:59 PM   #59

Glad I just needed a white roof cause it's bright white
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:50 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
I had mine done at a different installer and to be honest I was disappointed in the color match. From the ground, it still looks white - it doesn't match the grey on the coach at all. If I had it to do over again, I'd have them furnish a sample of the color match before application.
jt
Well that doesn't sound good .... We will ask to see a color match sample first. White would look awful with ours since the base color is brown with black wide stripes. Currently the paint stripes go up over the roof radius with the brown color most prevalent.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:54 AM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Check the warranties of Flex Armor vs RV-Armor. RV-Armor has a LIFETIME warranty tied to the VIN so the next owner will enjoy the same protection. Also, RV-Armor tech can remove the A/C on your roof and apply their product all the to the sides of the penetration. I have an RV-Armor roof and had them do this on my camper. They also remove the drip rails and coat all the way to the sides to ensure no water penetration as well as coat the junction of front cap to roof and rear in a similar manner. I chose them as I didn't want to drag my trailer half way across Texas and leave it for weeks. The RV-Armor tech comes to your place. I suspect both products are fine. Since my job was an insurance claim, I also priced the RV specific stuff made by the same company as truck bed liners. They were VERY expensive. The RV-Armor cost was a bit less than a new rubber roof installed professionally by a local shop (I checked the price). I can't speak to the Flex Armor product but the RV-Armor product is super thick and durable.
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:31 AM   #62

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
RV Flex Armor, RVROOF.COM, removes everything on the roof, covers front and rear cap transitions, down into the drip rails, and gives a lifetime warranty tied to the vehicle.
jdpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:46 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
RV Flex Armor, RVROOF.COM, removes everything on the roof, covers front and rear cap transitions, down into the drip rails, and gives a lifetime warranty tied to the vehicle.
What jdpm said is True, the other is a knock off Wannabe
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:21 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny285 View Post
What jdpm said is True, the other is a knock off Wannabe

Correct.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #65

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
RV Flex Armor is virtually impermeable. It is not a painted-on product.
Best investment one can make if you plan to keep your rig. I love the peace of mind.
jdpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 01:06 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
RV Flex Armor is virtually impermeable. It is not a painted-on product.
Best investment one can make if you plan to keep your rig. I love the peace of mind.
And no more caulking to leak or have to be checked/replaced constantly. Or a thin fragile rubber membrane to worry about.

My RV Flex Armor roof was done in Madison, AL almost 4 years ago. It was done when my then 5 year old rubber roof membrane was failing. Fortunately I caught it before major damage was done.

My next rig will have it done before I ever move in to it.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:29 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
And no more caulking to leak or have to be checked/replaced constantly. Or a thin fragile rubber membrane to worry about.

My RV Flex Armor roof was done in Madison, AL almost 4 years ago. It was done when my then 5 year old rubber roof membrane was failing. Fortunately I caught it before major damage was done.

My next rig will have it done before I ever move in to it.
I agree it is the best investment anyone can make to your RV, I had mine installed at Dependable RV Service in Madison, Miss

Danny/W5CI
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:06 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny285 View Post
I agree it is the best investment anyone can make to your RV, I had mine installed at Dependable RV Service in Madison, Miss

Danny/W5CI
Oops! My original post should have said Madison, MS.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:44 AM   #69

We had our RV done this week with Flex Armor RV Roof and are very pleased. It will be great to not have to crawl around on the roof looking for potential issues! We had it color matched on the perimeter and it looks good. We picked the closest color from their samples to our RVs base color. It's a little lighter than base color but we are ok with it. Glad to know we now have an impact and hail resistant roof with a lifetime warranty guaranteed to never leak !
They sent lots of pics during the process and our rig was inside the whole time. DFW RV Roof was excellent to work with, very responsive to our questions and explained everything in detail.
Now we need to go camping in a torrential downpour to try it out !!
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:48 AM   #70

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Congratulations on the new roof. A great upgrade to an already good quality rv. Enjoy the peace of mind and safe travels!

Tags
roof