RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #1

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
FLex Armor RVRoof.com

I'd like to hear from those who have had this roof installed and especially from those who have had it done at the Green Cove Springs, FL, facility.
Curious how long you have had the roof and if you have any regrets. Any issues with the installer or product? Anything else pertinent for a consumer that may be considering the roof.
Again, I'd really like to hear from those who used the Green Cove Springs facility as its where I'd be going.
Thanks!

jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #2

Hello JDPM. I won't get into all the details but just to say that if you need a roof, there is only ONE place to go. "Elite RV" of Palmetto, Florida. I needed a new roof after spending $10,000.00 on water damage repair and leaving "Tri-Am of Ocala" with huge water leak on the very first rain. I took my rig to Elite and now I am the proud owner of lifetime guaranteed, beautiful insulated and relatively indestructible ZERO maintenance roof! Cannot be happier or more satisfied with there honest and professional service. I sincerely believe that RV Flex armor is the BEST ROOF on the market! Call Jenn or at ELITE RV at 941-981-5366 and tell them about your concerns and don't forget to mention that the Jose with the Excel Travel Trailer recommended them to you. Hope this helps.

Joe Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Thanks JoeDiesel.
I'm sold on the roof system and have looked at it yearly when attending the Tampa RV Super Show.
I have no roof issues but I feel a great roof like this one it appears to be is worth the investment for a well built rig that I intend to keep.
The Green Cove Springs store I'm inquiring about is the main/original location. They only branched-out in the last couple of years.
Due to my locale and the fact that the Green Cove Springs store is the original location, its the one I'll go to if I move forward.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #4

Good roof system, I have friends with this spray-on (done in Green Cove) and also the roll-on.

Spray on seems more durable. Only down side I have heard complaints on is for any touch ups-such as roof vent replacement, skylight replacement, ect you have to bring the rig back to them for touch ups. No field repairs. The roll on lifetime roof can be touched up anywhere and they even give you a emergency patch kit.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:51 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had a post here but it got moved to a different post called "RV Armour". You can read about our experience with rvroof.com

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:51 AM   #6

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lajuene View Post
I had a post here but it got moved to a different post called "RV Armour". You can read about our experience with rvroof.com
Thanks for that. I take it that it was done in AZ?
Are you happy with it the roof?
I have heard its quieter and has increases the R value a bit. Have you noticed any interior temperature difference?
Any complaints, regrets? Thanks!
Old 03-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No changes noticed yet but it's only been 6 weeks with it. We also had them spray over the shower bubble top cover. Makes it darker for sleeping in Walmarts and full moon nights.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It looks great and we are very happy with the finished roof.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on this roof. Nothing wrong with mine but it sure looks like an excellent product. I've eye balled it at the Tampa RV Show for years now.
I have no intention of getting rid of my RV and trading down to most of what's available now. I figure besides the frame (and I know I have a good one), next is the roof for longevity in an RV.
I'm soon going to take a field trip out to the shop to ask a few detailed questions about the rig and specific to my application. Then I will decide.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #10

I have an appointment April 3rd to have it put on my 2017 Jayco North Point 315RLTS. Will be at Dependable RV Services in Madison Mississippi.
Looking forward to the no maintenance part. I was quoted a price of $160 per linear foot.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Thanks, and please update your results and satisfaction. This is a big investment for one to make on something that depreciates so badly. I have one big question about this: " The only maintenance to this roof system is the topcoat. It is a polymer coating developed for our system and will last 10-15 years."
Old 03-16-2019, 09:40 PM   #12

Why when your roof is in great shape does one want to spend 6-7 grand on a roof . Bank it ! Enough crap on a trailer wears out breaks or just stops working.
Caulking a roof or just looking at the caulking doesn't seem like a big deal it only cost 10 to 12 bucks. Then again its your money.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
I have an appointment April 3rd to have it put on my 2017 Jayco North Point 315RLTS. Will be at Dependable RV Services in Madison Mississippi.
Looking forward to the no maintenance part. I was quoted a price of $160 per linear foot.
I Guarantee that you will be happy with the work that Gary and the guys at Dependable RV Service in Madison,Ms . I had my Cedar Creek Roof replaced there two years ago and it has exceeded my expectations. they do outstanding work there. pleas let us know how it turns out. A friend of mine just had had them put a roof on his 5er last fall along with some other work. they put in a Hardwood Floor and replaced my carpet there also along with the roof.
danny285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:05 PM   #14

Is there any one that comes to your location & puts on a roof ?

1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof