Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #15

I'm definitely looking forward to ours. Months and months of looking at all the manufacturers and doing research. My wife was completely done with the entire process on deciding who would be "the one." When we found DRV, it was the first manufacturer where I liked the "foundation," and engineering, and she actually liked all the shiny stuff. While it sucks that it's going to be about a month late on its delivery, I did tell the DRV rep that I'd rather it be built correctly, not quickly. The 41 can't come soon enough though, as the 21 foot living quarters of the Wolf Pack hunting rig aren't getting any bigger...

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CC LB Dually. Cummins, Aisin, 4X4, 4.10 gears. Max towing-28,750. Max payload-5,436. 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 on order.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Without a female end , it was designed as a replacement for the original power cord.
I don't know what brand; of power cord; that Newmar used in my vintage coach , but the compound is flexible at all temperatures, at least down to 15f the coldest I've had to roll it up. Way easier than the cable on my last 5er.
Handling the cord , it's obvious that the insulation compound is closer to rubber than the near plastic insulation that some cords come with.
Yep, same with our previous Dutch Star and now the Magna. Cord is very flexible for such a monster. The 30' extension cord I bought years ago from CW is also very flexible

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:15 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Great flexible power cords, EVEN in cold weather, Glendinning Products. Little more expensive than your basic RV power cord but for me it was well worth the money. You choose the length then you have to purchase the female end and install that yourself after you receive the cord.

Glendinning RV Power Cord
lakefront5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront5 View Post
Great flexible power cords, EVEN in cold weather, Glendinning Products. Little more expensive than your basic RV power cord but for me it was well worth the money. You choose the length then you have to purchase the female end and install that yourself after you receive the cord.

Glendinning RV Power Cord
I can build that same length 36' cord for about $100-110.

I think I am going to buy a large spool of the 50A SO cord and Camco ends and sell the length to people that they want for a little side business altho e full time parks I frequent.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #19
JDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I can build that same length 36' cord for about $100-110.

I think I am going to buy a large spool of the 50A SO cord and Camco ends and sell the length to people that they want for a little side business altho e full time parks I frequent.
I'm not sure our small town will have what I need. Have you found an online source for it? I couldn't find much.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
I'm not sure our small town will have what I need. Have you found an online source for it? I couldn't find much.
I did not see any great pricing. Electrical supply seems to be the best.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #21
JDT

I just wanted to give Cummins12V98, whoever and wherever you are, a big thanks for the suggestion for the new electrical cable. I finally got by an electrical supply Thursday and they had the exact cord you show in your pictures for $2.57 a foot. I bought 30 feet of it, took the female end that attaches to the trailer off the old cord and bought a new male end at an rv supply. For around $110 I am done and what a difference in the cord's weight, diameter and flexibility. I have retired the old one and should have a much easier time managing the new one on our September Colorado and November Branson trips.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Check HomeDepot or a local electrical supply house. Tell them you want "SO" cord. It is extremely flexible. Should be 2-$2.50 per foot. Then buy the Camco yellow 50A ends. You will thank me! My connection is real slow where I am, will try tonight or tomorrow to post pics. The wholesale cost is about $1.80 per foot. Nice part is you buy the length you need!
Quote:
Contact electrical supply house. Many will do Cash sales.
Cummins12V98

That my friend is excellent advice for the DIY RV owner.
Tips like that are worth reading.
Thanks
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 08-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #23

I love reading about good tips and post what has worked well for me!

Happy to help. What is amazing is the better quality cord is smaller in diameter.

Tags
electrical